Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I had bangers and mash last night ...

I had bangers and mash last night ...

Old Nov 14th 2008, 3:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute
Default I had bangers and mash last night ...

Yes ! I had bangers and mash last night .............

At a NY diner no less, I sat down and sked "Do you have mashed potatoes ?"
"yes sir"
"Do you have brown gravy ?"
"Yes sir"
"Do you have peas ro baked beans ?"
"Yes sir"
"I already know you have Irish sausages so put them all together please"
The poor guy looked stunned but wandered off and returned after a while with4 separate dishes, one with bangers, one with mash, one with beans, one with gravy ... but hey ! it worked
Old Nov 14th 2008, 4:24 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I had bangers and mash last night ...

oh man - i could so eat that right now.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 4:25 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

What !! No Toad...
Old Nov 14th 2008, 4:27 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Were you eating in Yonkers by chance? One of my favorite meals here on the McLean Avenue .... and heinz beans, too.

If Yonkers, bet it was the Raceway Diner on Yonkers Avenue.

Told you all you had to do was go to McLean Avenue to the Irish Butcher and load up your insulated bag and bring them home with you to enjoy at will. Sometimes they even have steak and kidney pie. They serve take out meals everyday.

Last edited by Rete; Nov 14th 2008 at 4:29 pm.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 6:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

B**stard
Old Nov 14th 2008, 6:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Were you eating in Yonkers by chance? One of my favorite meals here on the McLean Avenue .... and heinz beans, too.

If Yonkers, bet it was the Raceway Diner on Yonkers Avenue.

Told you all you had to do was go to McLean Avenue to the Irish Butcher and load up your insulated bag and bring them home with you to enjoy at will. Sometimes they even have steak and kidney pie. They serve take out meals everyday.
It was indeed Yonkers raceway

Where the f**k is McLean avenue ?
Old Nov 14th 2008, 6:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Ray
What !! No Toad...
Kate makes the best toad in the hole I ever tasted
Old Nov 14th 2008, 6:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

surly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond repute

Bangers and Mash

Old Nov 14th 2008, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

fogga4000 will become famous soon enough

Hey I just moved to nyc and am finding english food places along the way. Most people probably already know of these but if your new to the area you might not. Their are a few traditional fish and chip shops, 2 in brooklyn(1 in park slope) and also one down on greenwich avenue. Near the 1 on greenwich ave there are a couple of english food stores, 1 is next door its called tea and sympathy(which also has an english tea room that serves english meals). The other is great and does pork pies and steak and kidney etc as well as things like gravy, chocolate and custard. Its called Myers of Keswick and is in the village, they all have websites if you search for them. Good Luck.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 6:41 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
Yes ! I had bangers and mash last night .............

At a NY diner no less, I sat down and sked "Do you have mashed potatoes ?"
"yes sir"
"Do you have brown gravy ?"
"Yes sir"
"Do you have peas ro baked beans ?"
"Yes sir"
"I already know you have Irish sausages so put them all together please"
The poor guy looked stunned but wandered off and returned after a while with4 separate dishes, one with bangers, one with mash, one with beans, one with gravy ... but hey ! it worked
I brought gravy back from the UK last time I was there and I use mild Italian sausages for my bangers and mash...which I had this past week, how can something be so simple but so yummy lol!!
Old Nov 14th 2008, 7:44 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

I want some.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 8:49 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Will send you directions via PM.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 9:05 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
It was indeed Yonkers raceway

Where the f**k is McLean avenue ?

If you are doing a dinner run on a Thursday night before 7:30 you can try the Polish Community Center on Waverly Street. You pass it on the way to the diner. You can get a Polish sampler with perogies, kielbaski, sauerkraut and stuffed cabbage for under $15.00 and it comes with soup, salad, and dessert and coffee. They have a full bar (of course, they are Poles ) or a prime rib that over flows your plate and all your side dishes have to be on a separate plate. They only serve dinner on a Thursday though.

Send you directions.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 9:23 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
I want some.
Hey we got a new Wal-Mart in Modesto this week sells food etc
No need to go to Stockton anymore.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 9:39 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

place around here does a pretty good bangers and mash, but they try to ponce it up a bit with fried leek fritters for a dressing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.