Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I-94 travel history help

I-94 travel history help

Old Sep 15th 2015, 10:05 am
BE Enthusiast

BigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond repute
Default I-94 travel history help

Hey all,

Looking for a little bit of help here - someone in another thread suggested I download my I-94 travel history from the Department of Homeland Security website - so I did, and there appears to be a little discrepancy. My current record reads;

Departure - 13 - October 2013 - NYC, New York City, NY
Arrival - 09 October 2013 - JFK - John F Kennedy Intl
Arrival - 23 August 2013 - PHL - Philadelphia

So the worrying thing here is that they've missed out a departure in August 2013 - now I know the ESTA is valid for 90 days, and luckily I was marked as departed within 90 days (23rd August - 13th October) - however, I am concerned that the departure for my visit in August 2013 has been completely missed off?

I've emailed Homeland Security notifying them of the discrepancy - and I've had no problems getting in or out of the U.S.A since then, and it was over two years ago. How do you think I should proceed with this? Will this raise issues in my visa process (K1)?
Old Sep 15th 2015, 10:26 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-94 travel history help

Originally Posted by BigBoss1984
Hey all,

Looking for a little bit of help here - someone in another thread suggested I download my I-94 travel history from the Department of Homeland Security website - so I did, and there appears to be a little discrepancy. My current record reads;

Departure - 13 - October 2013 - NYC, New York City, NY
Arrival - 09 October 2013 - JFK - John F Kennedy Intl
Arrival - 23 August 2013 - PHL - Philadelphia

So the worrying thing here is that they've missed out a departure in August 2013 - now I know the ESTA is valid for 90 days, and luckily I was marked as departed within 90 days (23rd August - 13th October) - however, I am concerned that the departure for my visit in August 2013 has been completely missed off?

I've emailed Homeland Security notifying them of the discrepancy - and I've had no problems getting in or out of the U.S.A since then, and it was over two years ago. How do you think I should proceed with this? Will this raise issues in my visa process (K1)?
You arrived on 23 August...then you arrived 9th October...so of course you must have exited within the 90 allowed on the VWP. I wouldn't stress out about it.
Old Sep 15th 2015, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

BigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoss1984 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I'm not stressing - if it was longer than 90 days I'd be panicking, but I've emailed Homeland Security asking what to do about it - and now I'm on hold to British Airways, so it'll get sorted I'm sure
Old Sep 15th 2015, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

BerkshireBugsy is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it is natural to be concerned but is your ESTA still valid (I.e., is it less that two years since it was approved)?

If possible can you logon to the ESTA site and check that you are still authorized and the status hasn't changed to denied? If the status is still "Authorized" then my opinion is you should be OK.

My logic is that even though an initial application for an ESTA may be successful if a VWP traveller overstays then the status can be changed to "denied" during the life of the ESTA. There was a very unusual issue at Sanford airport (Florida) where a hiccup in the system gave some outbound passengers the wrong exit date and they were marked as over-stayers and their ESTA status changed to denied. Whilst you have a different situation my point is that if it was an issue your ESTA status would reflect this.

Keep us posted.
Old Sep 15th 2015, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Well all this was over two years ago now - I've just realised now though, and renewed my ESTA in May and it was approved - and I didn't actually overstay the 90 days anyways, as the departure after the one that was missed would've been October 13th, so thats under two months - I'd just rather it was all sorted for the visa application
Old Sep 15th 2015, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

Well all this was over two years ago now - I've just realised now though, and renewed my ESTA in May and it was approved - and I didn't actually overstay the 90 days anyways, as the departure after the one that was missed would've been October 13th, so thats under two months - I'd just rather it was all sorted for the visa application
I think if I were you (better safe than sorry etc.) I would logon to the ESTA site and check it is still Authorized -it sounds like from what you say you should be OK..
Old Sep 15th 2015, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

I just have - still authorised
Old Sep 15th 2015, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

I just have - still authorised
Good news. Have a good trip!
Old Sep 15th 2015, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

Colorado calling has a reputation beyond reputeColorado calling has a reputation beyond reputeColorado calling has a reputation beyond reputeColorado calling has a reputation beyond reputeColorado calling has a reputation beyond reputeColorado calling has a reputation beyond reputeColorado calling has a reputation beyond reputeColorado calling has a reputation beyond reputeColorado calling has a reputation beyond reputeColorado calling has a reputation beyond reputeColorado calling has a reputation beyond repute

I have two similar gaps on mine. It shows arrived in March, left two weeks later. Arrived in June and arrived in September. But we were only there for a week in June. This was last year at Seattle. The previous year Seattle did the same too and didn't record a departure. Never had a problem getting in since.
Old Sep 15th 2015, 12:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ah cool - so it's not just me! I was only in the U.S for a few days in August, so maybe thats why.
Old Sep 15th 2015, 1:10 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

BigBoss,

I've closed this thread as you have an open thread regarding this in the marriage visa forum. Please don't create multiple threads with similar questions. .. keep them all in the same thread.

Thank you,
Rene