Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I-864 Help - Tax Returns

I-864 Help - Tax Returns

Old Oct 23rd 2002, 6:35 pm
Just Joined

Joshua is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-864 Help - Tax Returns

I was wondering about the I-864 form, when it calls for tax returns, I did the tele-file method of reporting my taxes for the past two years, where I filled out a liitle booklet and phoned in the numbers to an automated system. When the I-864 form calls for Tax Returns are these booklets acceptable as a tax-return or do I need to contact the IRS to have tax returns mailed out to me? I'm trying for the I-130 Direct consular filing very shortly so if anyone knows I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Josh and Cony
Old Oct 23rd 2002, 6:42 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I-864 Help - Tax Returns

Originally posted by Joshua:
I was wondering about the I-864 form, when it calls for tax returns, I did the tele-file method of reporting my taxes for the past two years, where I filled out a liitle booklet and phoned in the numbers to an automated system. When the I-864 form calls for Tax Returns are these booklets acceptable as a tax-return or do I need to contact the IRS to have tax returns mailed out to me? I'm trying for the I-130 Direct consular filing very shortly so if anyone knows I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Josh and Cony
Hi:

Go in person to your local IRS office and you get computer print-outs of your returns. Make sure that the IRS office stamps the printout [it need NOT be certified]. If you have copies of your W-2 forms, submit those too.
Old Oct 23rd 2002, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

Carl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Joshua:

Josh and Cony
I don't know about the booklets, but you can easily get a summary copy of your returns for the last 3 years from the IRS for free. Go to their website, they have a downloadable form you can fill out. It takes about 10 days to get the summaries.
Old Oct 23rd 2002, 6:44 pm
Just Joined

Joshua is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks! This helps a lot.

Josh and Cony