British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   I-130 priority in London (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/i-130-priority-london-112757/)

ukemigrant Oct 14th 2002 6:12 am

Re: I-130 priority in London

Originally posted by sxsx:

I have recived no case number.

My 1-130 is approved and sitting in the NVC, they havent sent any word to london embassy yet, and dont apparently for three months (was approved 26th august, first NOA was back in april). So we filed all in US, but im waiting in england.

So i spoke to london embassy, the woman said download and send in pack three (F-169 & OF-230), i did = nothing.
should i have sent in my original nottification of approval ? maby.

ill be calling the embassy again at vast expence on my day off.

Hi Sxsx, when the Embassy told me to send them the forms you mentioned, I did. Sending a copy of your notice of approval probably would have been helpful, along with the filled-in forms. Why does NVC (who are they again?) wait 3 months before sending the NOA on to the UK? Sounds like you're getting a raw deal.

I haven't ever called the Embassy's 090 line - much too expensive.

sxsx Oct 14th 2002 7:41 am

Originally posted by ukemigrant:

Hi Sxsx, when the Embassy told me to send them the forms you mentioned, I did. Sending a copy of your notice of approval probably would have been helpful, along with the filled-in forms. Why does NVC (who are they again?) wait 3 months before sending the NOA on to the UK? Sounds like you're getting a raw deal.

I haven't ever called the Embassy's 090 line - much too expensive.

National Visa center = NVC.

So after your 1-130 gets approved it moves over to NVC then from there words gets to london and then forms ect to me.

Takes three months because it just does. Thats what lawyers and NVC have told ally.

Im going to email the embassy from now on , should be cheaper.
ill tell you how it goes.
x

ukemigrant Oct 14th 2002 12:01 pm

National Visa center = NVC.

So after your 1-130 gets approved it moves over to NVC then from there words gets to london and then forms ect to me.

Takes three months because it just does. Thats what lawyers and NVC have told ally.

Im going to email the embassy from now on , should be cheaper.
ill tell you how it goes.
x

Hi again Sxsx - does this mean you are not doing Direct Consular Filing? I was looking at the London Embassy website which has changed since the last time I looked. I could see from there that they were saying processing had changed since Oct 1st, depending on what way you were filing.

Don't have the details on me but you could check them out yourself.

Sam.

Patrick Oct 14th 2002 12:48 pm

Hi again Sxsx - does this mean you are not doing Direct Consular Filing? I was looking at the London Embassy website which has changed since the last time I looked. I could see from there that they were saying processing had changed since Oct 1st, depending on what way you were filing.

Sam.

Hi,

my wife just got the NOA on saturday and the address on the letter was the London Embassy - does that mean that yours (approved at the NVC) has the NVC address on it. Mine was also posted from London (london post mark!) was yours posted from NH?

I think the reason people are confused is that some people are doing DCF's and the whole deal seems to be one hell of a lot different.

Patrick

mrsstrickland Oct 14th 2002 4:07 pm

DCF filing is a lot different and a lot quicker, but the USC has to be a resident in the country where you are filing the DCF and not just visiting.
I have read the London Embassy website and the only difference between going through london and the NVC is the money for the visa, if it goes to the NVC, they send you same documents as if you were to sned packet 3 to london, just you have to send an affradavit of support and the filing fee to the NVC, that was the only item that really caught my eye, im hoping by sending packet 3 and the original approval that i can bypass the NVC, saving a bunch of time

sxsx Oct 14th 2002 5:44 pm

Hi again Sxsx - does this mean you are not doing Direct Consular Filing?

Sam.

My torist visa waver three months were up, we had just married in the US, i bellived i therefore had to leave.

Ally applied to missourie office for 1-129 & i think same office for 1-130. Anyway, yes both in US.

The "direct consular filing" with the london office is a lot quicker i now think.

However what did we know ? and now of course we are beeing punished for our ignorance.

So 1-130 was approved by ins in US and forwarded to the NVC ( somwear on east coast i think ?).

They dont send the approval right away on to London embassy, they wait till they have a batch , so its every months (ish) combined with general inadaqaucy = from all we have herd at least three months for approval to leave NVC and get to London embassy.

I will check out the web site again, thankx.

ukemigrant Oct 14th 2002 6:56 pm

My torist visa waver three months were up, we had just married in the US, i bellived i therefore had to leave.

Ally applied to missourie office for 1-129 & i think same office for 1-130. Anyway, yes both in US.

The "direct consular filing" with the london office is a lot quicker i now think.

However what did we know ? and now of course we are beeing punished for our ignorance.

So 1-130 was approved by ins in US and forwarded to the NVC ( somwear on east coast i think ?).

They dont send the approval right away on to London embassy, they wait till they have a batch , so its every months (ish) combined with general inadaqaucy = from all we have herd at least three months for approval to leave NVC and get to London embassy.

I will check out the web site again, thankx.

Hi Sxsx, well that certainly made your situation a lot clearer - thanks for clarifying that for me. I'm sorry to hear about how long it's taking for you. Hopefully things will get better for you soon.

At risk of being ridiculed, I read something in a Scott Adams (Dilbert) book about (effectively) positive reinforcement. I don't really know if he was being serious or not, but it sounds like the stuff you might do to psych yourself up for an interview or something stressful.

Write out 5 times each day a statement like 'I, Sxsx, will have no more trouble with Immigration. I will get my Visa by <enter date here>'. Do that for a few weeks and you'll either find things moving your way, which is great, or maybe you'll find nothing has changed (which is not worse than where you are). I've tried it a couple of times and if nothing else, it makes me feel better.

Btw I'm not a New Ager or anything like that, but every little helps with this INS stuff :)

Cheers, Sam.

ukemigrant Oct 14th 2002 7:00 pm

Originally posted by Patrick:

Hi,

my wife just got the NOA on saturday and the address on the letter was the London Embassy - does that mean that yours (approved at the NVC) has the NVC address on it. Mine was also posted from London (london post mark!) was yours posted from NH?

I think the reason people are confused is that some people are doing DCF's and the whole deal seems to be one hell of a lot different.

Patrick

Hi Patrick, I'm DCF'ing so I haven't been involved with the US at all. Not being familiar with the internals of the Visa process, my notice of approval has London INS on the letterhead.

I thought you were DCF'ing too? I think the main difference is that DCF'ing is much faster....

Sam

Patrick Oct 14th 2002 7:16 pm

Hi Patrick, I'm DCF'ing so I haven't been involved with the US at all. Not being familiar with the internals of the Visa process, my notice of approval has London INS on the letterhead.

I thought you were DCF'ing too? I think the main difference is that DCF'ing is much faster....

Sam

Hi Sam,

yes I am DFCing and like you this has slightly confused me. I was wondering if our I-130's were done at NVC then sent out from London or not (I was concerned about the 3 month thing). Hopefully I will get my p3 soon (although I have sent the p3 in already)

Good Luck

Patrick

ukemigrant Oct 14th 2002 8:23 pm

Hi Sam,

yes I am DFCing and like you this has slightly confused me. I was wondering if our I-130's were done at NVC then sent out from London or not (I was concerned about the 3 month thing). Hopefully I will get my p3 soon (although I have sent the p3 in already)

Good Luck

Patrick

Hi Patrick, just out of interest, what is the P3? Is it the thing that contains the I-864 forms?

My understanding (and expectation) is that it'll work like this:

1. Get I-130 approval. Check.
2. Get notification from London embassy of same. Check.
3. Get I-864 from embassy. Check.
4. Get interview date and get visa. To be arranged.

I think the other posters in this thread must not be DCF'ing. I got my NOA from London, as I pretty much expected.

Sam.

Patrick Oct 14th 2002 8:29 pm

Hi Patrick, just out of interest, what is the P3? Is it the thing that contains the I-864 forms?

My understanding (and expectation) is that it'll work like this:

1. Get I-130 approval. Check.
2. Get notification from London embassy of same. Check.
3. Get I-864 from embassy. Check.
4. Get interview date and get visa. To be arranged.

I think the other posters in this thread must not be DCF'ing. I got my NOA from London, as I pretty much expected.

Sam.

I agree with you. Packet 3 (P3) is the OF-169, DS-201-1 AND i-864.

4. Get interview date (and Packet 4, which is the medical questionaire and DS-201-2) and get visa. To be arranged

Patrick

ukemigrant Oct 14th 2002 8:40 pm

I agree with you. Packet 3 (P3) is the OF-169, DS-201-1 AND i-864.

4. Get interview date (and Packet 4, which is the medical questionaire and DS-201-2) and get visa. To be arranged

Patrick

Whew! Glad we got that cleared up! I had downloaded everything off the net anyway, so am not really relying on those forms. Besides my vaccine records are screwed, thanks to our NHS record-keeping...

:) Better, cheers, Sam.