Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I-130 priority in London

I-130 priority in London

Old Oct 11th 2002, 8:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsstrickland is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-130 priority in London

has anyone recently gotten their I-130 through london, if so can u give me your priority date so i can gauge how long im gonna have to wait, im just anxious to get home to my hubbie by christmas
Old Oct 11th 2002, 8:33 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130 priority in London

Originally posted by mrsstrickland:
has anyone recently gotten their I-130 through london, if so can u give me your priority date so i can gauge how long im gonna have to wait, im just anxious to get home to my hubbie by christmas
Hi,

Roger has just done it and it took him (start to finish) about 3.5 months. We started ours on the 2 nd September so we are hoping on 3.5 months so we can get out there just after Christmas.

Good Luck

Patrick
Old Oct 11th 2002, 11:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

Hi,
Yep, as my old mate Patrick said, mine took about 3.5 months from filing the I-130 in London to actually having the interview and getting the visa.
When you send back the form, there is a question they ask, something like "what is your anticipated date of travel"
If you think it is realistic based on your date of filing and working on a timeline of, say 4 months, I would put the earliest date possible.
Reading postings on here, and in my case, they do seem to try to "fit in" those that put an earlier date.
In Patricks case,(and I know he won't mind me saying this) I know at one point he wasn't going to file until a bit later in the year and wasn't in a rush in that case he would maybe have put a later date and they wouldn't have been so quick to give him an nterview.
Bear in mind the I-130 visa is valid for 6 months and so even if you get it quickly but don't anticipate leaving for a while it won't be a problem.
This is specifically the case when selling property, of course.
I had my visa for a couple of months before leaving the UK.
I hope this makes sense, and helps.

Good luck
Old Oct 12th 2002, 10:04 am
Here we go Pittsburgh!

ukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, here's my timeline so far. I said I planned to travel Nov/Dec.

1st August - Filed I-130
12th August - Sent off for police certificates (NI and mainland UK)
16th August - Received NI Police Certificate
11th September - Received mainland Police Certificate
24th September - Sent off OF-169 and OF-230 forms to Embassy
24th September - I-130 acceptance notification granted
26th September - I-130 acceptance notification received at home
9th October - Received I-864 forms and Case Number from Embassy

Sam.
Old Oct 12th 2002, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

sxsx is an unknown quantity at this point

My 1-130 was approved back in August. Apparently ill be lucky to be with ally by the end of january.

After approval it seems the 1-130 sits in the NVC for up to three months. On top of this they are currently in the process of changing the whole visa system, so they dient think they would bother sending us "pack three" when it isent going to be pack three for very long anymore.

Ally found all this out after a million calls to the NVC , lwyers ect. Im afraid its all true.

I suggest your husband comes here for xmas. After all , the place doesent matter , just the person.

(adding up air miles = ally will have been twice arround the world mile wise this year what with all the flights just to see me. )

Every time i think about the 1-130 i get very very angry.
Old Oct 12th 2002, 1:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by sxsx:

My 1-130 was approved back in August. Apparently ill be lucky to be with ally by the end of january.

After approval it seems the 1-130 sits in the NVC for up to three months. On top of this they are currently in the process of changing the whole visa system, so they dient think they would bother sending us "pack three" when it isent going to be pack three for very long anymore.

Ally found all this out after a million calls to the NVC , lwyers ect. Im afraid its all true.

I suggest your husband comes here for xmas. After all , the place doesent matter , just the person.

(adding up air miles = ally will have been twice arround the world mile wise this year what with all the flights just to see me. )

Every time i think about the 1-130 i get very very angry.
well they told me to fill out packet 3 and sent it to london and they would process it there, that was what i was told by london, now whether that is true or not i dont know, but my file has been with the NVC 60+ days now, im gonna try this route and see what happens, and my hubbie cant stay here christmas, he has a child in the states so we are stuck in the middle, plus all these airmiles have depleted the savings so christmas may not be an option.
Old Oct 12th 2002, 1:54 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

First NOA or second NOA?
Old Oct 12th 2002, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Patrick:

First NOA or second NOA?
first NOA was back in april. This is second......
however we applied in USA, im in england, waiting for pack three equivilant & sunsequent inteview at embassy in london.

wishing your life away waiting x
Old Oct 12th 2002, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

well they told me to fill out packet 3 and sent it to london and they would process it there, that was what i was told by london, now whether that is true or not i dont know, but my file has been with the NVC 60+ days now, im gonna try this route and see what happens, and my hubbie cant stay here christmas, he has a child in the states so we are stuck in the middle, plus all these airmiles have depleted the savings so christmas may not be an option.
i filled out a pack three and sent it to London embassy as soon as i knew 1-130 was in NVC and approved.

From what we have been finding out recently this means nothing.
They wont open a provisonal file, they will just bin it.
You have to wait till they see fit to send you the (all new ) version of the pack three, they will only respond to that one.

Iv sent pack three for approved 1-129 too (now invalied because of 1-130 also beeing approved - great, waist of time / hope / cash on the 1-129 which only took 180 days..... when it originaly PROMISED 15 - 30, call yourself the LIFE act.? more like a slow death)

It sucks more than anything i have ever experienced and all the pent up fury and helplessness has no were to go. Highlights of my year are when i havent seen ally for a month & i wont see him for at least another month and i start to forget what he looks like. How evil a system.

So what do you recon they actualy do with all these waisted days of our lives in the NVC or embassy ?
How many cigaret breaks and long lunches does it take to result in this much inefficency ?

i am sorry you wont see your husband for christmas.
But honestly one day you will see him all the time.
One day maby we will all laugh about this visa time in our lives .........?
No, i dont think so iether.
Old Oct 12th 2002, 5:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

my timeline is exactly the same as yours 1st NOA 04/04/02 approval 08/14/2002, i think it is sick what they are doing with peoples lives, they are playing us like puppets, they dangle us with a little hope and then drop us from a higher mountain, it is not right
Old Oct 12th 2002, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

my timeline is exactly the same as yours 1st NOA 04/04/02 approval 08/14/2002, i think it is sick what they are doing with peoples lives, they are playing us like puppets, they dangle us with a little hope and then drop us from a higher mountain, it is not right
i know. having a very bad day with it all today. x
Old Oct 12th 2002, 9:56 pm
hubbyless

Unhappy Re: I-130 priority in London

OMG and here is us just starting ours. My hubby sent in the 1-130 to Texas on October 6th. I will be going thru London too. So it looks as if we will have a very long wait. We have already been apart long enough.

i know. having a very bad day with it all today. x

Old Oct 13th 2002, 7:06 am
Here we go Pittsburgh!

ukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond repute

i filled out a pack three and sent it to London embassy as soon as i knew 1-130 was in NVC and approved.

From what we have been finding out recently this means nothing.
They wont open a provisonal file, they will just bin it.
You have to wait till they see fit to send you the (all new ) version of the pack three, they will only respond to that one.

Iv sent pack three for approved 1-129 too (now invalied because of 1-130 also beeing approved - great, waist of time / hope / cash on the 1-129 which only took 180 days..... when it originaly PROMISED 15 - 30, call yourself the LIFE act.? more like a slow death)

It sucks more than anything i have ever experienced and all the pent up fury and helplessness has no were to go. Highlights of my year are when i havent seen ally for a month & i wont see him for at least another month and i start to forget what he looks like. How evil a system.

So what do you recon they actualy do with all these waisted days of our lives in the NVC or embassy ?
How many cigaret breaks and long lunches does it take to result in this much inefficency ?

i am sorry you wont see your husband for christmas.
But honestly one day you will see him all the time.
One day maby we will all laugh about this visa time in our lives .........?
No, i dont think so iether.
Sxsx, are you using Direct Consular Filing through London? You say you filled out Pack 3 and sent it to the London Embassy for them to open a provisional file, but they won't do that.

Could you explain your situation a bit more so I can get a handle on it please?

I am DCF'ing through London as my wife is a USC. Our application has been going along nicely so far, so I'm concerned about what you are saying here. I also sent them the OF-169 and OF-230 so they could open a provisional file, as that was what I was advised to do. I have received a case number from them now.

Thanks, Sam.
Old Oct 13th 2002, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by ukemigrant:

Sxsx, are you using Direct Consular Filing through London? You say you filled out Pack 3 and sent it to the London Embassy for them to open a provisional file, but they won't do that.

Could you explain your situation a bit more so I can get a handle on it please?

I am DCF'ing through London as my wife is a USC. Our application has been going along nicely so far, so I'm concerned about what you are saying here. I also sent them the OF-169 and OF-230 so they could open a provisional file, as that was what I was advised to do. I have received a case number from them now.

Thanks, Sam.
I have recived no case number.

My 1-130 is approved and sitting in the NVC, they havent sent any word to london embassy yet, and dont apparently for three months (was approved 26th august, first NOA was back in april). So we filed all in US, but im waiting in england.

So i spoke to london embassy, the woman said download and send in pack three (F-169 & OF-230), i did = nothing.
should i have sent in my original nottification of approval ? maby.

ill be calling the embassy again at vast expence on my day off.
Old Oct 13th 2002, 11:47 am
BE Enthusiast

maybe you should get your USC to send the original I-797 and send that to the embassy, with packet three, after you told me that stuff yesterday i looked thru the embassy website, it gives detailed info about filing and interview etc....
also try and get your USC to get your case number from the NVC, my USC got ours of the congressman and that was the only number i gave to london when i emailed them, to get my response, but the new stuff on the website is very informative well worth a look, also they have changed the name of one of the forms, you can download them straight of their website....good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.