Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I-130 at the NSC- waiting since March

I-130 at the NSC- waiting since March

Old Aug 16th 2002, 4:04 am
Just Joined

karen86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-130 at the NSC- waiting since March

Hi there, I've been reading the messages for a while but just subscribed to the group. Looks like there's lots of useful information here, that isn't available anywhere else..

We filed our I-130 in March (first notice of approval date: March 21) and still haven't received the second notice of approval. Is this normal? Does anybody out there have a similar date with mine and have you received your second NOA yet?? I'm starting to get worried. There's also nothing in the automated service line.

We are currently living in Canada, so I believe we will be interviewed in Montreal. I am a Turkish citizen, and my husband is a U.S. citizen. Initially when we filed, I thought I'd have my greencard by the end of this year, but now it looks like we've got another 6-8 months to go (at least).

Also, does anyone have any useful info about what I can do to speed up the process, while waiting for the second NOA? For example, do you recommend that I go and apply for a criminal check in Canada (since it takes long) or should I wait for the forms and instructions on Packet 3?

Thanks alot in advance, and I wish PATIENCE TO ALL who have filed with the Nebraska Center!!

Karen
Old Aug 16th 2002, 5:25 pm
Joey

Default Re: I-130 at the NSC- waiting since March

Hey Karen,

I just got approved on August 13th from NSC. I filed on March 18 (INS received
application that day). Yours should be coming up pretty soon. I already have all my
medicals, co-sponsor information, tax returns etc. done. I called and asked about
that and they said it was all good for a year. They said Packet 3 should be on its
way with 6 weeks and then I could possibly have an interview 6-8 weeks after that.

I wait again!

Joey

"karen86" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi there, I've been reading the messages for a while but just subscribed to the
    > group. Looks like there's lots of useful information here, that isn't available
    > anywhere else..
    > We filed our I-130 in March (first notice of approval date: March 21) and still
    > haven't received the second notice of approval. Is this normal? Does anybody out
    > there have a similar date with mine and have you received your second NOA yet?? I'm
    > starting to get worried. There's also nothing in the automated service line.
    > We are currently living in Canada, so I believe we will be interviewed in Montreal.
    > I am a Turkish citizen, and my husband is a U.S. citizen. Initially when we filed,
    > I thought I'd have my greencard by the end of this year, but now it looks like
    > we've got another 6-8 months to go (at least).
    > Also, does anyone have any useful info about what I can do to speed up the process,
    > while waiting for the second NOA? For example, do you recommend that I go and apply
    > for a criminal check in Canada (since it takes long) or should I wait for the forms
    > and instructions on Packet 3?
    > Thanks alot in advance, and I wish PATIENCE TO ALL who have filed with the Nebraska
    > Center!!
    > Karen
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Aug 16th 2002, 9:55 pm
Wolf2743mi

Hi Karen; I am in almost the same situation as you. I filed my wife's i-130 at the
end of March with the NSC. My first notice of action was dated April 2. I have heard
nothing further from them. I am hopeful that I will hear something soon. When I do, I
will post to the group. Keep us updated as any information helps those of us who are
going through this torture.

Mike and my missing wife Tatyana

Old Aug 17th 2002, 2:41 pm
Just Joined

karen86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Joey:
Hey Karen,

I just got approved on August 13th from NSC. I filed on March 18 (INS received
application that day). Yours should be coming up pretty soon. I already have all my
medicals, co-sponsor information, tax returns etc. done. I called and asked about
that and they said it was all good for a year. They said Packet 3 should be on its
way with 6 weeks and then I could possibly have an interview 6-8 weeks after that.

I wait again!

Joey

"karen86" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi there, I've been reading the messages for a while but just subscribed to the
    > group. Looks like there's lots of useful information here, that isn't available
    > anywhere else..
    > We filed our I-130 in March (first notice of approval date: March 21) and still
    > haven't received the second notice of approval. Is this normal? Does anybody out
    > there have a similar date with mine and have you received your second NOA yet?? I'm
    > starting to get worried. There's also nothing in the automated service line.
    > We are currently living in Canada, so I believe we will be interviewed in Montreal.
    > I am a Turkish citizen, and my husband is a U.S. citizen. Initially when we filed,
    > I thought I'd have my greencard by the end of this year, but now it looks like
    > we've got another 6-8 months to go (at least).
    > Also, does anyone have any useful info about what I can do to speed up the process,
    > while waiting for the second NOA? For example, do you recommend that I go and apply
    > for a criminal check in Canada (since it takes long) or should I wait for the forms
    > and instructions on Packet 3?
    > Thanks alot in advance, and I wish PATIENCE TO ALL who have filed with the Nebraska
    > Center!!
    > Karen
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com
Hi Joey,

Congradulations on getting your approval! I have a question:

What do you mean you have your medicals done? Where did you find out the info about what exactly needs to be done in terms of medical checks and also, what doctors are accepted? I thought they send you to a designated doctor. Please let me know about this. I would really like to speed up the process while I wait for the second NOA. Also, I got the impression that you will also be interviewed in Montreal? If so, what did you do about Canadian police checks?

Thanks alot in advance,
karen