Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I-130 Approved today !

I-130 Approved today !

Old Jan 8th 2007, 4:34 pm
thanks for all the fish !

Richardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud of
Default I-130 Approved today !

Woohoo !

Got the email today that the I-130 was approved.

I'm still confused as to what I need to do now... guess the pack their sending will explain it. Anyone here been through this...from K3 to I-130 ?

I'm in Texas waiting on my EAD.

Rich./
Old Jan 8th 2007, 4:41 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130 Approved today !

Nice one

and yeah, the pack will have the info, though read through some of the immigration forum threads for an idea of the road ahead
Old Jan 8th 2007, 4:44 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1faq.htm
Old Jan 8th 2007, 4:45 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Richardowen
Woohoo !

I'm still confused as to what I need to do now... guess the pack their sending will explain it. Anyone here been through this...from K3 to I-130 ?

Rich./

nice one...congrats rich
Old Jan 9th 2007, 3:56 am

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations I hope it doesn't take you too long to get your papers sorted

Old Jan 9th 2007, 7:14 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Woohoo !

Congrats!

If you came in on a K3, then you will probably go through the National Service Center. Yes, they should send you a nice big packet o' stuff. I'd advise VisaJourney .... we went a different route (DCF).

BTW did you celebrate by killing a bunch of birds?
Old Jan 9th 2007, 1:26 pm
Mummy and baby 1982

Maggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I went this route. Arrived here on a K3 in July 2003. In 2003 the wait for the I-130 was much longer..I waited a year and a half for it to be approved. I chose not to do AOS here in the US but to return to the US Embassy in London to complete the I-130 and Immigrant Visa.

From what I remember I received a package from the National Visa Center asking who I wanted to handle my case (me or a 3rd party) and to make a payment but I can't remember what the payment was for, we also had to complete the affidavit of support , the I-864 I think. Once the NVC had everything they needed they forward it to the US Embassy London who then contacted us to give me (and my son) an interview date and further instructions. As it happened we were unable to make the first interview date they gave us and I e mailed them to ask if we could reschedule which they did. Once you get the packet from London, it's very similar to the K3 visa procedure.

We did have another medical done but it had been over a year since the last one so I don't know if that made a difference. Also our police report was over a year old so we got another one.

The nice thing about this route is that when we arrived back at Chicago POE we received our I-551 stamp in passports and our welcome letters and green cards within 4 weeks.

Good luck

Maggie
Old Jan 9th 2007, 5:35 pm

Richardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Congrats!

If you came in on a K3, then you will probably go through the National Service Center. Yes, they should send you a nice big packet o' stuff. I'd advise VisaJourney .... we went a different route (DCF).

BTW did you celebrate by killing a bunch of birds?
Thanks all !

Now sure about the bird killing, is this something I promised when I was drunk ?

I don't think that it's going to be practical for me to return to London so going to try and do this here unless there's some massive no-no that I'm missing....??
Old Jan 9th 2007, 6:16 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think that it's going to be practical for me to return to London so going to try and do this here unless there's some massive no-no that I'm missing....??
Just speed of processing, but a lot depends on your location, TX seems pretty quick though.
Old Jan 9th 2007, 7:36 pm
Greatly Missed. RIP

DollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats!
Old Jan 9th 2007, 9:15 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Now sure about the bird killing, is this something I promised when I was drunk ?

The bird kill:

http://www.news8austin.com/content/t...sp?ArID=177478

I frankly don't know the ease of re-entering the US by someone who entered on a K-3 visa, left while the I-130 etc are still in process, and then returned. I think if you ask this question in the US Marriage Based Visa forum (the immigration forums) you'd get much better answers.
Old Jan 9th 2007, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by snowbunny
The bird kill:

http://www.news8austin.com/content/t...sp?ArID=177478

I frankly don't know the ease of re-entering the US by someone who entered on a K-3 visa, left while the I-130 etc are still in process, and then returned. I think if you ask this question in the US Marriage Based Visa forum (the immigration forums) you'd get much better answers.
Oh those birds... yeah it was me !
Old Jan 11th 2007, 2:10 am
Forum Regular

unicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond repute

Woohoo !

Rich./
Congrats to you.