I-129f

Old Sep 2nd 2002, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

Margueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really nice
Default I-129f

I'd like to thank everyone for their advice and helpful comments lately. I do however have more questions I'd like to pose...
The I-129f was posted to Vermont on 16/8/02 and NOA received dated 21/8/02.
I have a Receipt No (starting with EAC...) and a Beneficiary No.(starting with an A)
My question is, in order to open a provisional K1 file in London where do I find my Case Number? Is this in my NOA when the petition gets approved or is the required info on the NOA dated 21/8/02?
Cheers, Marguerite
Old Sep 2nd 2002, 11:34 pm
Forum Regular

eiloo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I-129f

Hi Marguerite,

Sorry... This isn't really a reply to your query but more of a question. I hope you don't mind. My fiancee (USC) mailed off the I-129F and we have the first NOA dated August 20th (not too far off from yours). We called the hotline (I was anxious) and there was no further info... But I have been reading on some posts about this Provisional K-1 File... what exactly is that? I am a Canadian Citizen living in Toronto and the Consulate that will be taking care of my K-1 will be the one in Montreal, Quebec. Is this provisional file something I should be doing to expedite things? What does it do for me or the process as a whole?

Thanks,

Ian

Originally posted by Margueriteuk:
I'd like to thank everyone for their advice and helpful comments lately. I do however have more questions I'd like to pose...
The I-129f was posted to Vermont on 16/8/02 and NOA received dated 21/8/02.
I have a Receipt No (starting with EAC...) and a Beneficiary No.(starting with an A)
My question is, in order to open a provisional K1 file in London where do I find my Case Number? Is this in my NOA when the petition gets approved or is the required info on the NOA dated 21/8/02?
Cheers, Marguerite
Old Sep 3rd 2002, 1:24 am
Sheila

I believe you had another post about the provisional file..I responded to it here is
the cut and paste:

> Does anyone know if it was alright for me to send off forms IV15, DS-230(pages
    > 1&2), DS-156 & supplement BEFORE I got my NOA 1? I sent off these forms to London
    > as soon as we sent in the I-129f to VSC. Will I need to fill them out again once we
    > get the first NOA? I was just trying to speed the process up. Thanks, Marguerite

My response:

Who is the person living in the U.K. at the moment? Send an email to the London
Embassy stating the name of the U.K. person and give them the receipt number from the
first NOA being you have it now. I believe they want the second NOA first, but Clive
and I sent ours off after our first NOA and a few days later got the 2nd NOA approval
and just sent them an email letting them know that we had received it. They then gave
us a new case number to use as reference there after. I hope I didn't confuse you
more....I also printed out extra(filled) forms for if anything got lost for Clive to
bring to his interview with him (which is tomorrow). So if they say well your DS-156
is missing he has a spare with him all ready to sign and give back with no hassle of
having to start filling out another. Let me know if you have anymore questions
because the London Embassy part is very fresh in my memory and hopefully after
tomorrow I will know more,but it will be in the past.........

"Rete" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Originally posted by Margueriteuk:
    > > Does anyone know if it was alright for me to send off forms IV15, DS-230(pages
    > > 1&2), DS-156 & supplement BEFORE I got my NOA 1? I sent off these forms to London
    > > as soon as we sent in the I-129f to VSC. Will I need to fill them out again once
    > > we get the first NOA? I was just trying to speed the process up. Thanks,
    > > Marguerite
    > Wait until you get the first NOA so that you will have your Alien Registration
    > Number and Case Number. The A# will be above the beneficiary name.
    > Rete
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

--
Cheers, Sheila (U.S.C.) Clive (U.K.C.)

Texas Service Center / London Embassy

6/17/02- Mailed I-129f petition to TSC from the United Kingdom

6/18/02-Received first NOA from TSC

6/19/02-Mailed London Embassy paper work off to open provisional file

6/20/02- Received 2nd NOA from TSC

6/21/02- Received Interview date for London on 9/03/02 "Margueriteuk"
<[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I'd like to thank everyone for their advice and helpful comments lately. I do
    > however have more questions I'd like to pose... The I-129f was posted to Vermont on
    > 16/8/02 and NOA received dated
    > 21/8/02.I have a Receipt No (starting with EAC...) and a Beneficiary No.(starting
    > with an A) My question is, in order to open a provisional K1 file in London
    > where do I find my Case Number? Is this in my NOA when the petition gets
    > approved or is the required info on the NOA dated 21/8/02? Cheers,
    > Marguerite
    > --

Old Sep 3rd 2002, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

Margueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really nice

Originally posted by Sheila:
I believe you had another post about the provisional file..I responded to it here is
the cut and paste:

> Does anyone know if it was alright for me to send off forms IV15, DS-230(pages
    > 1&2), DS-156 & supplement BEFORE I got my NOA 1? I sent off these forms to London
    > as soon as we sent in the I-129f to VSC. Will I need to fill them out again once we
    > get the first NOA? I was just trying to speed the process up. Thanks, Marguerite

My response:

Who is the person living in the U.K. at the moment? Send an email to the London
Embassy stating the name of the U.K. person and give them the receipt number from the
first NOA being you have it now. I believe they want the second NOA first, but Clive
and I sent ours off after our first NOA and a few days later got the 2nd NOA approval
and just sent them an email letting them know that we had received it. They then gave
us a new case number to use as reference there after. I hope I didn't confuse you
more....I also printed out extra(filled) forms for if anything got lost for Clive to
bring to his interview with him (which is tomorrow). So if they say well your DS-156
is missing he has a spare with him all ready to sign and give back with no hassle of
having to start filling out another. Let me know if you have anymore questions
because the London Embassy part is very fresh in my memory and hopefully after
tomorrow I will know more,but it will be in the past.........

"Rete" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Originally posted by Margueriteuk:
    > > Does anyone know if it was alright for me to send off forms IV15, DS-230(pages
    > > 1&2), DS-156 & supplement BEFORE I got my NOA 1? I sent off these forms to London
    > > as soon as we sent in the I-129f to VSC. Will I need to fill them out again once
    > > we get the first NOA? I was just trying to speed the process up. Thanks,
    > > Marguerite
    > Wait until you get the first NOA so that you will have your Alien Registration
    > Number and Case Number. The A# will be above the beneficiary name.
    > Rete
    > --

--
Cheers, Sheila (U.S.C.) Clive (U.K.C.)

Texas Service Center / London Embassy

6/17/02- Mailed I-129f petition to TSC from the United Kingdom

6/18/02-Received first NOA from TSC

6/19/02-Mailed London Embassy paper work off to open provisional file

6/20/02- Received 2nd NOA from TSC

6/21/02- Received Interview date for London on 9/03/02 "Margueriteuk"
<[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I'd like to thank everyone for their advice and helpful comments lately. I do
    > however have more questions I'd like to pose... The I-129f was posted to Vermont on
    > 16/8/02 and NOA received dated
    > 21/8/02.I have a Receipt No (starting with EAC...) and a Beneficiary No.(starting
    > with an A) My question is, in order to open a provisional K1 file in London
    > where do I find my Case Number? Is this in my NOA when the petition gets
    > approved or is the required info on the NOA dated 21/8/02? Cheers,
    > Marguerite
    > --
Thanks Sheila. I am the UK citizen and my fiancé, Christopher is in Connecticut. Best of luck to you and Clive at the interview. Which is the email address for the London Embassy? I will follow your invaluable advice.
Chers, Marguerite
Old Sep 3rd 2002, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by eiloo:
Hi Marguerite,

Sorry... This isn't really a reply to your query but more of a question. I hope you don't mind. My fiancee (USC) mailed off the I-129F and we have the first NOA dated August 20th (not too far off from yours). We called the hotline (I was anxious) and there was no further info... But I have been reading on some posts about this Provisional K-1 File... what exactly is that? I am a Canadian Citizen living in Toronto and the Consulate that will be taking care of my K-1 will be the one in Montreal, Quebec. Is this provisional file something I should be doing to expedite things? What does it do for me or the process as a whole?

Thanks,

Ian

Hi Ian,

Once you get your NOA 2 send off forms IV15, DS-230 (pages 1&2), DS-156 and supplement to your Canadian Consulate in Montreal. They will then process administrative affairs whilst they are waiting for the US Service Centre to contact Canada. This hopefully speeds up the process at the Canadian end. I must say I am not an expert but I believe the above is helpful advice.
Cheers, Marguerite