British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   hurrah finally! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/hurrah-finally-267332/)

torpkevuk Nov 18th 2004 4:47 pm

hurrah finally!

After a long long wait, I emailed the embassy in london and have my interview date, and written confirmation was sent out to me today..

December 7th.. yay. :D

any suggestions for me anyone?

Bob Nov 18th 2004 5:16 pm

Re: hurrah finally!

Originally Posted by torpkevuk

Have a good pissup? :D
Congrats.

torpkevuk Nov 18th 2004 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by Bob
Have a good pissup? :D
Congrats.

ha! i figured that was pretty much a given :D

Wintersong Nov 18th 2004 6:32 pm

After a long long wait, I emailed the embassy in london and have my interview date, and written confirmation was sent out to me today..

Wishing you all the very best and keeping my fingers crossed for you :)

FlyergirlUK Nov 18th 2004 6:48 pm

Congratulations! :D

Take a good book, a loud alarm clock, (if you're intending to stay in a hotel the night before) and a wear a comfy pair of shoes. ;)

Enjoy! :cool:

warksgirl Nov 18th 2004 7:07 pm

Just make sure that your paperwork in order. They know what they're looking for so if you provide exactly what is requested, you should be ok.

rincewind Nov 18th 2004 8:25 pm

Don't be late. Get there nice and early and double check that you have all the paperwork together when you go.

All the best!!!

:beer:

torpkevuk Nov 18th 2004 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by rincewind
Don't be late. Get there nice and early and double check that you have all the paperwork together when you go.

All the best!!!

:beer:

Thanks a lot everyone :)

Big D Nov 18th 2004 8:56 pm

probably too late for you now - but to future users go to the consulate in Belfast - they are always quiet and you are usually out in under 2 hours acording to the security guys there!

torpkevuk Nov 18th 2004 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by Big D
probably too late for you now - but to future users go to the consulate in Belfast - they are always quiet and you are usually out in under 2 hours acording to the security guys there!

i wasn't aware there was a choice, i figured, im in england so I have to goto london?

Big D Nov 19th 2004 2:49 am

i wasn't aware there was a choice, i figured, im in england so I have to goto london?

When I finally got the approval though and called up the lady on the phone was really helpful (quite surprised!) and when I said could I get in earlier she said well yes if you go to Belfast. I checked with the lawyers and an Easyjet flight was cheaper for me than getting to London!! I got an early morning appointment and was in and out in an hour all sorted. The guys on the desk said the latest they open till is usually 2PM so there is never a long wait! I am recommending it to everyone I can after the London horror stories (I was laughed at for bringing a book!!)

At least you have the date - as long as all your paperwork is OK its merely a formality - best of British to you!!

Ash UK/US Nov 19th 2004 5:04 am

my piece of advice? take a map that shows the route from the Doc's office (assuming you are having a medical) or go early and walk between the 2 so you know where you are going... some people that were there the day I had mine got lost... it is a real simple route too.

Ash :)

Jan Alaska Nov 19th 2004 11:52 am

Congrats !! glad the email worked for you AND you'll be in the US for Christmas .... YAY !!!

Jan :)

torpkevuk Nov 19th 2004 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by jan_michigan
Congrats !! glad the email worked for you AND you'll be in the US for Christmas .... YAY !!!

Jan :)

thats the plan, still not sure whether im gonna go via JFK to get my work thingy whatsit sorted or just go straight to nebraska and sort it from there.. the chances of me getting a job straight away dont seem too likely.. especially as im gonna need to be able to drive. heh

Just Jenney Nov 19th 2004 12:50 pm

Cool -- your interview's on my birthday! :)

I've heard that checking out the loo at Doc Phelan's office is a must -- apparently it's quite trippy -- although that was almost two years years ago so maybe they've redecorated...

In any case, GOOD LUCK!

~ Jenney