Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

hurrah finally!

hurrah finally!

Old Nov 18th 2004, 4:47 pm
Scouse Git

torpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to all
Talking hurrah finally!

After a long long wait, I emailed the embassy in london and have my interview date, and written confirmation was sent out to me today..

December 7th.. yay.

any suggestions for me anyone?
Old Nov 18th 2004, 5:16 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: hurrah finally!

Originally Posted by torpkevuk
Have a good pissup?
Congrats.
Old Nov 18th 2004, 6:20 pm
Scouse Git

torpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bob
Have a good pissup?
Congrats.
ha! i figured that was pretty much a given
Old Nov 18th 2004, 6:32 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

After a long long wait, I emailed the embassy in london and have my interview date, and written confirmation was sent out to me today..

December 7th.. yay.

Wishing you all the very best and keeping my fingers crossed for you
Old Nov 18th 2004, 6:48 pm
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

Congratulations!

Take a good book, a loud alarm clock, (if you're intending to stay in a hotel the night before) and a wear a comfy pair of shoes.

Enjoy!
Old Nov 18th 2004, 7:07 pm
warksgirl

Just make sure that your paperwork in order. They know what they're looking for so if you provide exactly what is requested, you should be ok.

Old Nov 18th 2004, 8:25 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

December 7th.. yay.

Don't be late. Get there nice and early and double check that you have all the paperwork together when you go.

All the best!!!

Old Nov 18th 2004, 8:27 pm
Scouse Git

Originally Posted by rincewind
Don't be late. Get there nice and early and double check that you have all the paperwork together when you go.

All the best!!!

Thanks a lot everyone
Old Nov 18th 2004, 8:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

probably too late for you now - but to future users go to the consulate in Belfast - they are always quiet and you are usually out in under 2 hours acording to the security guys there!
Old Nov 18th 2004, 8:57 pm
Scouse Git

Originally Posted by Big D
probably too late for you now - but to future users go to the consulate in Belfast - they are always quiet and you are usually out in under 2 hours acording to the security guys there!
i wasn't aware there was a choice, i figured, im in england so I have to goto london?
Old Nov 19th 2004, 2:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

i wasn't aware there was a choice, i figured, im in england so I have to goto london?

When I finally got the approval though and called up the lady on the phone was really helpful (quite surprised!) and when I said could I get in earlier she said well yes if you go to Belfast. I checked with the lawyers and an Easyjet flight was cheaper for me than getting to London!! I got an early morning appointment and was in and out in an hour all sorted. The guys on the desk said the latest they open till is usually 2PM so there is never a long wait! I am recommending it to everyone I can after the London horror stories (I was laughed at for bringing a book!!)

At least you have the date - as long as all your paperwork is OK its merely a formality - best of British to you!!
Old Nov 19th 2004, 5:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

my piece of advice? take a map that shows the route from the Doc's office (assuming you are having a medical) or go early and walk between the 2 so you know where you are going... some people that were there the day I had mine got lost... it is a real simple route too.

Ash
Old Nov 19th 2004, 11:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

December 7th.. yay.

Congrats !! glad the email worked for you AND you'll be in the US for Christmas .... YAY !!!

Jan
Old Nov 19th 2004, 12:43 pm
Scouse Git

Originally Posted by jan_michigan
Congrats !! glad the email worked for you AND you'll be in the US for Christmas .... YAY !!!

Jan
thats the plan, still not sure whether im gonna go via JFK to get my work thingy whatsit sorted or just go straight to nebraska and sort it from there.. the chances of me getting a job straight away dont seem too likely.. especially as im gonna need to be able to drive. heh
Old Nov 19th 2004, 12:50 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

December 7th.. yay.

Cool -- your interview's on my birthday!

I've heard that checking out the loo at Doc Phelan's office is a must -- apparently it's quite trippy -- although that was almost two years years ago so maybe they've redecorated...

In any case, GOOD LUCK!

~ Jenney

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.