Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

HSBC US likely to be sold

HSBC US likely to be sold

Old Feb 21st 2021, 5:51 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute
Default HSBC US likely to be sold

Looks like HSBC US will be sold... not sure about UK... had kept HSBC as my primary bank here, opened a TD account as a hedge back when the Mexico fines hit HSBC and as they closed branches in CT. Need to decide on a new primary (or secondary US bank if I switch to TD as primary... ) with Citi out of the UK is there any retail bank (not neo/fintech) that has UK and US operations?
Old Feb 21st 2021, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

Beraider has a reputation beyond reputeBeraider has a reputation beyond reputeBeraider has a reputation beyond reputeBeraider has a reputation beyond reputeBeraider has a reputation beyond reputeBeraider has a reputation beyond reputeBeraider has a reputation beyond reputeBeraider has a reputation beyond reputeBeraider has a reputation beyond reputeBeraider has a reputation beyond reputeBeraider has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HSBC US likely to be sold

Before repatriating to UK in 2019 I checked with TD if they would allow a UK resident to keep an existing US account open and they would not. Had to close out that account.

Still have USBC and Ally with full use and they are fully aware of my residence.
Old Feb 22nd 2021, 1:12 am
Just Joined

msk2uon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Beraider
Before repatriating to UK in 2019 I checked with TD if they would allow a UK resident to keep an existing US account open and they would not. Had to close out that account.

Still have USBC and Ally with full use and they are fully aware of my residence.
What's Usbc short for? I am getting bowling association on Google!
Old Feb 22nd 2021, 3:05 am
Just Joined

msk2uon is an unknown quantity at this point

Reply to my reply! Just realized - likely a typo as U and H are next to each other on the keyboard! Sorry!
Old Feb 22nd 2021, 6:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

postbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond repute

I emailed by premier contact today to ask if he knew anything further. He said there's no comment on the rumors in the press so far
Old Feb 22nd 2021, 9:43 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by postbox134
I emailed by premier contact today to ask if he knew anything further. He said there's no comment on the rumors in the press so far
Now they closed all branches I basically have to move away from them anyway. The online check deposit limit to to small and they closed every branch in CT so that leaves me unable to cash some checks and also get bankers drafts etc. for property closings.