Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

How's your spelling?

How's your spelling?

Old Nov 28th 2004, 1:54 pm
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute
Default How's your spelling?

You always know when ESPN is scraping the sport's barrel when they show the Spelling Bee competitions. Well now the BBC is on the bandwagon.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/hardspell/hardspell_game.shtml

How well can you do?
Old Nov 28th 2004, 2:22 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How's your spelling?

44 points with no incorrect answers
Old Nov 28th 2004, 2:25 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Wintersong
44 points with no incorrect answers
Don't believe you
Old Nov 28th 2004, 2:32 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
Don't believe you
's true

Why - how many did you get?
Old Nov 28th 2004, 2:38 pm
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute

's true

Why - how many did you get?
38 - made a stupid mistake. The incorrect word was mearkat, and I'm thinking, what word is that! Took me way to long to see it was meerkat
Old Nov 28th 2004, 2:42 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
Don't believe you
Went and did it again to get a screen shot to prove it to you and blow me down if I didn't score 45
Old Nov 28th 2004, 2:45 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Went and did it again to get a screen shot to prove it to you and blow me down if I didn't score 45
I'm not playing, some of those words that you have to correct are ambiguous

(edit) 38, by the way!
Old Nov 28th 2004, 2:48 pm
UK & US Citizen

That's a nice score in round one. You must have fast fingers
Old Nov 28th 2004, 2:49 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Originally Posted by ScousePete
That's a nice score in round one. You must have fast fingers
All I'm saying is
Old Nov 28th 2004, 3:33 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

All I'm saying is
Are you a typist? I just couldn't type fast enough to get anywhere near that many points....
Old Nov 28th 2004, 3:41 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

My God - did you see the list of high scorers?

High 60's up to 70!

(How do you insert an image in a message? I couldn't figure it out from the "Insert Image" icon)
Old Nov 28th 2004, 4:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

33 points (non-native English speaker)

Je suis 'appy avec that.

Elaine
Old Nov 28th 2004, 5:07 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Originally Posted by dunroving
My God - did you see the list of high scorers?

High 60's up to 70!

(How do you insert an image in a message? I couldn't figure it out from the "Insert Image" icon)
Either you save it to your hard drive and upload it as an attachment (in which case the file size is restricted to something like 35kb) or you upload it to an image host, copy the url, click on the little picture icon on the message toolbar and paste the url.

An alternative is to right click on the image from its current location, copy the url from there and paste it into the img prompt box. However, this is hotlinking and most sites don't like you to do it because it's stealing bandwidth which they have to pay for.
Old Nov 28th 2004, 5:09 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Originally Posted by dunroving
Are you a typist? I just couldn't type fast enough to get anywhere near that many points....
No typing to be done in round one. Round 2 gives you 10 seconds per word, which should be more than enough for even the worst typists, surely? That's a wpm of 6!

I'm not a typist but have a wpm of about 70, which I guess is pretty decent for non-secretary types