Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

How time flys.....

How time flys.....

Old Aug 24th 2010, 1:21 am
Dallas

Meryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of light
Default How time flys.....

With it almost being the end of the summer it just occurred to me that I've already been here 10 months!!

In my time here so far, I've managed to wreck my car (fortunately no lasting damage done!), gain 20 pounds (I'm now at weight watchers lol), almost get knocked out by a set of flying beads at Mardi Gras....and if that wasn't enough I was very nearly blown to smithereens when we had a gas leak at work (serves me right for nipping out for a sneaky cig!).......living the dream people

......just makes me realize how dull my life in the UK was!!!!! (but lets just hope the next 10 months are less perilous!)
Old Aug 24th 2010, 1:29 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How time flys.....

Originally Posted by Meryl
With it almost being the end of the summer it just occurred to me that I've already been here 10 months!!

In my time here so far, I've managed to wreck my car (fortunately no lasting damage done!), gain 20 pounds (I'm now at weight watchers lol), almost get knocked out by a set of flying beads at Mardi Gras....and if that wasn't enough I was very nearly blown to smithereens when we had a gas leak at work (serves me right for nipping out for a sneaky cig!).......living the dream people

......just makes me realize how dull my life in the UK was!!!!! (but lets just hope the next 10 months are less perilous!)
Congratulations on your survival (many times over)
Old Aug 24th 2010, 5:33 am
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

2 pounds a month, what are you on?
Old Aug 24th 2010, 9:52 am
Dallas

Meryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of light

I have a healthy appetite
Old Aug 24th 2010, 12:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

I have a healthy appetite
There should be a name for it, like the 'freshman 10lb's' when you start college Maybe something like 'expats extra baggage allowance'. I think most of us go through it when we first arrive, unfortunately, some of us don't ever 'drop' it

Good to hear you are settling in and having fun Meryl
Old Aug 24th 2010, 5:33 pm
Catahoula Lover!!!

Burn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond repute

Gawd happens to us all!!!!
Pleased your life is so entertaining.....
Old Aug 24th 2010, 5:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

DeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond repute

I rest my case.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 5:18 am
Just Joined

annmarie19 is an unknown quantity at this point

great attitude you have, definetly hope the future is not as exiting, lol, glad your having fun
Old Aug 26th 2010, 6:11 pm
Banned

exvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond repute

Holidays in Kabul wearing a bikini should suite this gal...

Phew I am exhausted just reading about the accidents and incidents...

I have lost 12 lbs and gained some great teeth so the US is treating me well so far..
Old Aug 29th 2010, 8:18 pm
Dallas

I agree with the teeth part- mine have never looked nicer!

Further to my adventures, on friday morning I was chased by a rabid looking racoon and flashed at by one of my neighbours...all while waiting for a tow truck to come and move the car that was blocking me in- all this before 5am

Thankfully I grew up in Glasgow so I'm well used to nutters and crazed animals!
Old Aug 30th 2010, 12:34 am
Banned

exvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with the teeth part- mine have never looked nicer!

Further to my adventures, on friday morning I was chased by a rabid looking racoon and flashed at by one of my neighbours...all while waiting for a tow truck to come and move the car that was blocking me in- all this before 5am

Thankfully I grew up in Glasgow so I'm well used to nutters and crazed animals!
Could be worse - you could have been flashed at by a rabid raccoon and chased by a neighour. Crystal meth can do that.

Fond memories of Glasgow. I used to tow the caravan through the city centre at 3 PM on a Saturday before the motorways were built and all the well oiled used to throw themselves on my bonnet/hood. A six foot six guy fell on me in a fish shop there and I had to haul him to his feet and put all his money back in his pockets. He was very nice though - most affable
I got to Inverary and I was fishing off the stone jetty just south of there one Sunday morning about 9am. A mini van pulled up with about a dozen guys wearing kilts. They were all well blasted . They saw my English registration plates so they started singing a song about seven kings or something and doing a jig and they were throwing their empty beer cans around my float and firing an air rifle at the cans to sink them.

I decide that to do an impression of Alec Guinness in the bridge on the river Kwai and gave it the stiff upper lip and looked askance

They then weed in loch fyne and drove off.

The hooligans round here might have guns but they are amateurs at it really.

I spent the whole summer at Inverary when I was an unemployed mature student. Signed on at the post office and the gov paid my caravan site rent. Wife and 2 kids with me. We lived on mackerel and spuds all summer and I was as fit as a lop and tanned like john wayne's saddle.

I can do a Rab Nesbitt better than Rab. My son was there last week and got hissing wet through and eaten alive by midges - no fish nowadays.

Last edited by exvj; Aug 30th 2010 at 12:38 am.