Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

How often do you change your oil?

Wikiposts

How often do you change your oil?

Old Feb 2nd 2005, 1:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How often do you change your oil?

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
yeah -it really annoys me how dealers fleece people who don't research this...

i catually got a call fom a telemarketing agency after i visited a dealer at the weekend

a telling questions was:

whats more important? puchase price or monthly payment?

HMMMMMM, heres betting 90% of people said monthly payment....
Its not just the car dealers who are at this game though, has anyone seen that rooms to go advert, pay nothing till 2007 and a really happy smiling person saying look at all these empty glasses, one per month you wont have to pay anything....doesnt say anything about the shit you'll be in in 2007 when you have to pay that plus your interest - I mean cmon, who falls for that!
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 1:59 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dan725
.... - I mean cmon, who falls for that!
Mitsubishi!
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 2:33 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Its not just the car dealers who are at this game though, has anyone seen that rooms to go advert, pay nothing till 2007 and a really happy smiling person saying look at all these empty glasses, one per month you wont have to pay anything....doesnt say anything about the shit you'll be in in 2007 when you have to pay that plus your interest - I mean cmon, who falls for that!
well they do pray on stupid people that don't realise that everything is back interest added to it....
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 2:52 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
well they do pray on stupid people that don't realise that everything is back interest added to it....
Not necessarily - Mitsubishi was offering a "zero down, zero interest, zero to pay for 12 months" deal back in 2001-02. Unfortunately for Mitsubishi the default rate for buyers that bought on that scheme was in excess of 30%.
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 3:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

CalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really nice

Originally Posted by John Murray
I got a new Saturn Ion when I arrived here - without any real knowledge of what type of cars they were - I just liked the look of them and the fact they had "no haggle" prices. I wanted something I could afford to pay cash for and although I wanted a SUV , went for a Saturn as it was cheap to buy and good gas mileage.
I take it Fatbrit that they are reasonably decent cars?
What Saturns are is cheap. There are two possible explanations for this: (1) GM has created the most economically miraculous car manufacturing process in the world, or (2) they're cheap crap.

With GM's track record in mind, I am certain the former is not true, and the latter is entirely probable.
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 3:55 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CalgaryAMC
What Saturns are is cheap. There are two possible explanations for this: (1) GM has created the most economically miraculous car manufacturing process in the world, or (2) they're cheap crap.
Naaa....there a loss leader.....they ain't making a profit and most of the engineering parts GM bring in from other cars.....like Seat and Skoda with VW parts...
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 3:59 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Naaa....there a loss leader.....they ain't making a profit and most of the engineering parts GM bring in from other cars.....like Seat and Skoda with VW parts...

yeah - they're taking away al the things that made a saturn a saturn
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 11:47 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CalgaryAMC

With GM's track record in mind, I am certain the former is not true, and the latter is entirely probable.

We bought my son one for his graduation from high school, the inside fell apart piece by piece! On the other hand a coworker had one for 9 years and never had any problems and didn't want to trade it in on a new car.
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 12:33 am
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by John Murray
Last minute equaliser Roger!
My team ended up winning 7-1!

Not sure if we deserved that. I stayed late at work to listen to the game, via a FulhamUSA web site. Just getting my coat and about to leave when, Bingo.
I should have known, that's the 4th time we've scored a goal in injury time.
Nice win for your lot, for what it's worth Rangers are my 'favorite' team, apart from Gretna !!
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 12:39 am
Gone but not forgotten. RIP

TRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
Almost the peak, since they now do 7 year car loans. You will also notice that there are lots of offers running around for 62 or 63 months in order to knock the payment down to just below the next-lowest hundred. It's also amazing how many people lease a car and don't realize that they own nothing.
Ford don't do 84 month car loans - who does ?

The longest we do is 72 months and we discourage that. Generally speaking, to get 72 months you have to put a reasonable sum of cash down.

For most buyers with reasonable credit and average miles, leasing is the best option.
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 12:45 am
Gone but not forgotten. RIP

TRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, what is this gap insurance crap - how does it work exactly? The dealer tried to sell it to me, and I was paying cash for the vehicle!
Gap Insurance is very simple.

If you sign a loan for a vehicle, drive outside the dealership and get totalled, the insurance company will only pay the depreciated value for the vehicle. This is despite it being brand new to you.

For a one time fee, Gap Insurance covers you for the difference between the amount the insurance company pays you and the amount you owe the lender.

To try to sell it to someone who paid cash is ridiculous.
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 12:48 am
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TRPardoe
Ford don't do 84 month car loans - who does ?

The longest we do is 72 months and we discourage that. Generally speaking, to get 72 months you have to put a reasonable sum of cash down.

For most buyers with reasonable credit and average miles, leasing is the best option.

When I bought my van, Ford (Credit) insisted the loan was over 24 months + the warranty that I already mentioned.
No credit history and naivity conspired against me.
Now I'm looking over my shoulder for a certain 'Latin quoting' person to have a pop at me.
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 2:21 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rogerpenycate
Now I'm looking over my shoulder for a certain 'Latin quoting' person to have a pop at me.
Aut insanit homo, aut versus facit.
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 2:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Aut insanit homo, aut versus facit.

I knew I'd seen the 'expression' somewhere and having wracked my brain it came to me.

Five go mad on Puffin Island - Enid Blyton
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 2:41 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rogerpenycate
Five go mad on Puffin Island - Enid Blyton
Maybe, but if so she stole it from poor Horace.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.