Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

how to obtain a working visa for U.S.A, and how much will it cost!

how to obtain a working visa for U.S.A, and how much will it cost!

Old Aug 9th 2002, 5:41 pm
Just Joined

gertman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default how to obtain a working visa for U.S.A, and how much will it cost!

I`m a musician from Canada interested in working in the states. I need information on how to go about obtaining a working visa, and how much it`s going to cost me. Any information can`t be bad, so if anyone knows anything about this PLEASE REPLY. Thank You
Old Aug 10th 2002, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

syedraza70 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: how to obtain a working visa for U.S.A, and how much will it cost!

well as far as i know you do not have to spend money for getting the work visa for the states where as you have to be given H1b from some company i mean you should apply to diffrent companies and specially you are musician thats why you can apply diffrent universities and if they hire you they will sponsor you and on that basis you will get work visa.
Old Aug 11th 2002, 2:04 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: how to obtain a working visa for U.S.A, and how much will it cost!

Originally posted by syedraza70
well as far as i know you do not have to spend money for getting the work visa for the states where as you have to be given H1b from some company i mean you should apply to diffrent companies and specially you are musician thats why you can apply diffrent universities and if they hire you they will sponsor you and on that basis you will get work visa.
If you want to WORK in the US, unless you qualify for a family visa, or win in the diversity lottery, you have to find an employer who will hire you and sponsor your visa application. An employer can only legally do this if there is no legal US resident with the necessary skills ie you have special skills that are in short supply.

Maybe there is a special way perculiar to musicians as many (from the UK) in the past have announced that they are "going to LA", and then headed off to the west coast.