Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

How many times can you visit the US?

Wikiposts

How many times can you visit the US?

Old Oct 7th 2008, 2:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How many times can you visit the US?

Originally Posted by DeanUK2US
Two weeks average, only because of the number of paid holidays at work.

Passport and UK bank account details.
Many/most people wouldn't have trouble with two week vacations.

As far as proof of ties, bank account shows you have the money to support yourself - but doesn't show evidence of your intent to return to the UK.

If you have a job, that is some proof. Home ownership, family...

I personally think it is unlikely you will have much problem with two-week trips, but best to have some evidence of ties in case you are asked.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 4:05 am
BE Forum Addict

DeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym
Many/most people wouldn't have trouble with two week vacations.

As far as proof of ties, bank account shows you have the money to support yourself - but doesn't show evidence of your intent to return to the UK.

If you have a job, that is some proof. Home ownership, family...

I personally think it is unlikely you will have much problem with two-week trips, but best to have some evidence of ties in case you are asked.
Thanks for the heads-up on this!

I can take my contract of employment amongst other things.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 4:17 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the heads-up on this!

I can take my contract of employment amongst other things.
better a current letter saying we expect you back to work after your holiday on the XX date.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 5:03 am
BE Forum Addict

DeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MsElui
better a current letter saying we expect you back to work after your holiday on the XX date.
Excellent idea. They can't argue with that one!
Old Oct 7th 2008, 5:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

The year we moved out here i came in 5 times under the VWP max 3 weeks but on one occassion within a week of being back in the UK. All legitimate trips mostly vacation and one work. Was never questioned at all. Obviously this is no proof of future performance!
Old Oct 7th 2008, 7:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Looks like they know who to look for!
Old Oct 7th 2008, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LivAtl
Hmm it is as far as I know im currently on my 3rd visit under the VWP.
You know nothing. And the forum is better off without such ill-founded generalisations.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 8:48 am
Just Joined

LivAtl is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by BritishGuy36
You know nothing. And the forum is better off without such ill-founded generalisations.
I meant to say It isn't as far as I know as i'm on my 3rd Visit and did 2 within 1 day, I wrote this very early this morning, and who are you to say who knows anything thats kind of a pompous statement?
Old Oct 7th 2008, 9:01 am
Just Joined

ukusabird is an unknown quantity at this point

I meant to say It isn't as far as I know as i'm on my 3rd Visit and did 2 within 1 day, I wrote this very early this morning, and who are you to say who knows anything thats kind of a pompous statement?
My bf is on his third trip in a year and they did stop him this time I am waiting for my bf to phone now. Immigration called me and said he has been here too much and is asking a lot of questions so I don;t know if he is going to get through. So be prepared if you are coming in on the VWP
Old Oct 7th 2008, 9:02 am
Just Joined

Two weeks average, only because of the number of paid holidays at work.

Passport and UK bank account details.
My bf got pulled on his third time coming over here in a year
Old Oct 7th 2008, 9:25 am
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

who are you to say who knows anything thats kind of a pompous statement?
Are you saying that a pompous statement isn't a valid response to an (admitted) ill-thought-out generalisation?
Old Oct 7th 2008, 9:28 am
Just Joined

LivAtl is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ukusabird
Can we ask why? And what do you mean pulled? I got put by for extra checks was'nt a big deal apart form someone having a bad day there.

Personally ive done 2 visits within 24hrs and across a land border too.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 9:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ukusabird
What was the gap between holidays? I know that 'three times in a year' could also mean 'three times in six months' if you get my drift.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 10:00 am
Just Joined

Exclamation Re: How many times can you visit the US?

i went to uk on August 29 2007, we returned together nov 29th 2007. he went back for 2 weeks in february 2008 then returned in April, left in july and now just came back again. He did make it and should be arriving here tonight!!!! but they said he is considered an immigrant without a country because to be a citizen you have to be in your home country at least as long as you are out. the immigration officer said he should send him home but he is letting him through this time and asked him if he planned to get married while he is here and bf replied no. he asked me the same question when he called. They won't let him in on VW again from the look of it so plan on getting a VISA if he plans on coming back! If I don't marry him now he won't be able to return and I cannot go to UK because my son is very ill. I am gutted! I don;t know we have 3 months to figure out what to do. From what I understand it is easier and cheaper to get married here then file for him to stay than to go through fiance visa etc. We did plan to marry someday but not today! Talk about a shotgun wedding!

Last edited by ukusabird; Oct 7th 2008 at 10:25 am.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Norri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond repute

It sounds to me that if you do marry on this trip you may well have difficulty with the AOS as your boyfriend has already been warned by immigration, and may have problems proving he did not enter the country on the VWP with the intent to remain.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.