Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

How can I stop people Hugging Me?

How can I stop people Hugging Me?

Old Jun 20th 2005, 6:22 pm
ImHere

Default Re: How can I stop people Hugging Me?

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
Or your wheat allergy.
Heheh...but only if I've been eating some recently. Not pleasant.

Old Jun 20th 2005, 6:23 pm
This board is shite

ScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the roughScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the roughScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the roughScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the roughScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by DonnaElvira
Let me guess, you're not from the Southeast of England, are you Because, as a Londoner, I have not found any difference in the hugging protocol between London and California.

I think it is difficult to get out of this altogether, but if I 'have' to hug someone I'm not particularly keen on, I just kind of put my hands on their forearms (to keep some distance) and airkiss left and right.

Elvira
Indeed Elvira. Mwah, mwah! Yep a little further north!
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ImHere
Im guessing the same judging by his name...
Oh gosh, you're quick! I never even looked at his name
Account Closed

Dimsie is an unknown quantity at this point

I think hugging is a lovely warm gesture between 2 human beings. Long live hugging, I'd say!!!
Old Jun 20th 2005, 6:30 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

We done this just a few weeks ago ....

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=300704
Old Jun 20th 2005, 6:32 pm
ImHere

Originally Posted by Ray

Thought I had Deja Vue but the memory is going fast so wasnt sure.

Old Jun 20th 2005, 6:32 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray

Well that's it then. Ray gets the "I can use the search box feature award' and the thread gets closed for duplicity.
Old Jun 20th 2005, 6:37 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
Well that's it then. Ray gets the "I can use the search box feature award' and the thread gets closed for duplicity.
Or I can remember back 6 weeks ... but thats about it...
Old Jun 20th 2005, 6:37 pm
ImHere

Originally Posted by Ray
Or I can remember back 6 weeks ... but thats about it...
5 1/2 weeks further than me. Im impressed.

Old Jun 20th 2005, 6:42 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

I find not bathing for a week helps. You'll notice a drop in the amount of people that wish to hug you.
Old Jun 20th 2005, 6:44 pm
ImHere

Originally Posted by rincewind
I find not bathing for a week helps. You'll notice a drop in the amount of people that wish to hug you.
Gis a hug you sexy - albeit smelly - thang you.

Old Jun 20th 2005, 6:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Guelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray

But that was done in the Lounge, this is the USA forum ... I don't think everyone reads the threads in the Lounge.
Old Jun 20th 2005, 6:53 pm
This board is shite

ScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the roughScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the roughScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the roughScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the roughScotsmanInTexas is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Guelder Rose
But that was done in the Lounge, this is the USA forum ... I don't think everyone reads the threads in the Lounge.
Good point Rose, besides which it's not the same thread or point at all. I've just looked at that thread that was mentioned by Ray and instead that was a guy seems to want to hug people. I on the other hand don't want to hug anyone at all and more to the point want them to stop hugging me.

Hardly the same! Guess Ray didn't read either thread.

Last edited by ScotsmanInTexas; Jun 20th 2005 at 7:02 pm.
Old Jun 20th 2005, 6:57 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ImHere
Gis a hug you sexy - albeit smelly - thang you.
Pit sniffer!!!
Old Jun 20th 2005, 7:17 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ScotsmanInTexas
Good point Rose, besides which it's not the same thread or point at all. I've just looked at that thread that was mentioned by Ray and instead that was a guy seems to want to hug people. I on the other hand don't want to hug anyone at all and more to the point want them to stop hugging me.
I guess you just look cuddly! I'm not crazy about hugging either , unless it's my immediate family of course and then a good cuddle is in order!

I only occasionally suffer from an unwanted hug, I guess my body language says it all, I tend to hesitate and it all gets a little awkward In fact I'm not crazy about the hand shaking thing either,
I mean I don't work so I meet people in very informal settings, why can't a big smile and a Hi do

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.