Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

How American have you become?

How American have you become?

Old Mar 16th 2005, 2:34 pm
Perfumdiva1

Default Re: How American have you become?

Originally Posted by ImHere
Si Señora. Estoy en la Florida del sur. Aqui, Era hoy ochenta ocho grados...mucho calor. Mañana el su ir a ser caliente otra vez, pero tempestuoso.

Mucho gracias por pedir.

You are welcome

How lovely, 88 degrees, bliss

As I said, we are freezing our asses of here

Never been to South Florida proper

One day

Hope tomorrow is not too stormy

I think I have reached my Spanish high point LOL

PD1

Old Mar 16th 2005, 2:43 pm
ImHere

Hehe, Ok i'll do this in English even though I need to practice my Spanish...handily I knew a fair bit already since my parents have lived in a little old village in Spain for ages.

You should come on down...its quite pleasant down here (at the moment). Where are you? New England somewhere? Or near the lakes? I couldnt be doing with the winter you've all had up there. The coldest day we've had has been about 42f at night and 60f in the day. And that was for maybe two days.

I think its just a few T-Storms but we were on a tornado warning at one point earlier.

Old Mar 16th 2005, 2:49 pm
Perfumdiva1

Hehe, Ok i'll do this in English even though I need to practice my Spanish...handily I knew a fair bit already since my parents have lived in a little old village in Spain for ages.

You should come on down...its quite pleasant down here (at the moment). Where are you? New England somewhere? Or near the lakes? I couldnt be doing with the winter you've all had up there. The coldest day we've had has been about 42f at night and 60f in the day. And that was for maybe two days.

I think its just a few T-Storms but we were on a tornado warning at one point earlier.

Hey

I am in Houston, Texas

Had a fab week-end, 84ish, and now it is 54ish brrrrrr

What's up with that???

Been to Rosemary Beach a couple of times, but that is all I know about Florida

I am a Scottish gal, and it is sad that I can't deal with the 50"s :scared:

Blood too thin now, due to 7 years of heat and loads of alcohol.......

Been to Spain many moons ago, but on 18-30 hols, remember then, now that is scarey LOL

Husband is having serious wishes to tour Spain, Italy etc, in the summer, but with the exhange rate and 2 kids, who knows.........

PD

Old Mar 16th 2005, 2:59 pm
ImHere

Aah yes that world famous ice box houston! God only knows whats going on with the weather. They've had 3 foot of snow in south spain this year too!

Florida is actually really nice once you get past all the tourist baloney. Come down south away from the tourists and visit the 'Glades (about 20 mins from where I live). They are so jurassic its amazing. Cyprus stands that look like they come straight from a Spielberg set. Driving down the tracks with literally hundreds of Gators sunning themselves on the canal banks, hardwood groves full of wandering animals...I even saw a Florida Panther a few days ago....fantastic!

Club 18-30...eeek! The coast of Spain is just a seething mass of Brits now but inland is still nice.

Old Mar 16th 2005, 3:11 pm
Perfumdiva1

Aah yes that world famous ice box houston! God only knows whats going on with the weather. They've had 3 foot of snow in south spain this year too!

Florida is actually really nice once you get past all the tourist baloney. Come down south away from the tourists and visit the 'Glades (about 20 mins from where I live). They are so jurassic its amazing. Cyprus stands that look like they come straight from a Spielberg set. Driving down the tracks with literally hundreds of Gators sunning themselves on the canal banks, hardwood groves full of wandering animals...I even saw a Florida Panther a few days ago....fantastic!

Club 18-30...eeek! The coast of Spain is just a seething mass of Brits now but inland is still nice.

The 18-30 thing was 20 years ago :scared:

And I was just 17 actually, I lied about my age ..........

Florida sounds like Louisianna, lived in the Bayous for 18 months, loved it, loved it, loved it SHaaaaa

We had a boat and used to dodge the Cypress "stumps" regularly, scarey but also fascinating, beautiful place full of history, I know, not so much as the UK, but seeped in their own wonderful culture

Now I just dodge the traffic on the I-10, a much more scarey experience, than any gator...

What u doing in Florida anyway, and where is home (I mean place of birth) LOL

PD1

Old Mar 16th 2005, 3:23 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by Perfumdiva1
The 18-30 thing was 20 years ago :scared:
Florida sounds like Louisianna, lived in the Bayous for 18 months, loved it, loved it, loved it SHaaaaa

We had a boat and used to dodge the Cypress "stumps" regularly, scarey but also fascinating, beautiful place full of history, I know, not so much as the UK, but seeped in their own wonderful culture

PD1
LOL. Only on Lake Okechobee!! It is great driving Alligator Alley and having one cross the freeway now and then.

Have a keyring that is so kitsch, my hubby keeps wanting to chuck it out :

Send us more tourists, the last ones were delicious..
Old Mar 16th 2005, 3:25 pm
Perfumdiva1

Originally Posted by izibear
LOL. Only on Lake Okechobee!! It is great driving Alligator Alley and having one cross the freeway now and then.

Have a keyring that is so kitsch, my hubby keeps wanting to chuck it out :

Send us more tourists, the last ones were delicious..

Very cute

Old Mar 16th 2005, 11:44 pm
ImHere

PD1 We have GC's and ended up in Florida due to my wifes work...she's a nurse.
I was born in the UK. Whats your story?

Sadly the I-95 is totally bonkers and the I-75 (Alligator Alley) is crazy too, but break off the state roads and get into the Seminole Reserve and it all gets much better.