Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Hot of the plane from NY

Hot of the plane from NY

Old Aug 28th 2013, 6:41 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hot of the plane from NY

Hot of the plane from NY-img_0159%5B1%5D.jpg

Hot of the plane from NY-img_0160%5B1%5D.jpg
Old Aug 28th 2013, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Southy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hot of the plane from NY

Hope they were refridgerated
Old Aug 28th 2013, 6:44 pm
Account Closed

Uncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond repute

How did you manage that? I didn't think uncooked meat was allowed.
Old Aug 28th 2013, 6:45 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Want.
Old Aug 28th 2013, 6:46 pm
Rootbeeraholic

Bink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond repute

Damn you!

Any going spare?!
Old Aug 28th 2013, 9:49 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Southy_SWFC
Hope they were refridgerated
Oh yes, all in a polystyrene cooler with ice packs in it. Both the cooler and ice packs are reusable.
Old Aug 28th 2013, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by Uncle_Bob
How did you manage that? I didn't think uncooked meat was allowed.
English Pork Pie Co in Buffalo NY

But you have to be in the top 3% with a PHd to get them.
Old Aug 28th 2013, 10:39 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury

well done.
Old Aug 28th 2013, 11:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Adnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond repute

Ooh have wanted to try this companies stuff for a while. Do let us all know if they're close to the real deal. I have read several reviews that raved about them but been wary of the shipping meat thing.
Old Aug 29th 2013, 12:20 am

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

And don't forget the important information, how's the jelly? Little bit so small you can't really see it =good. Big nasty jelly slice = gag.
Old Aug 29th 2013, 12:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Adnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Weeze
And don't forget the important information, how's the jelly? Little bit so small you can't really see it =good. Big nasty jelly slice = gag.
You can always scrape it off. I hate that bit small or large. Is the pastry crust right and the meat properly seasoned and herbed???
Old Aug 29th 2013, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by Adnams
Ooh have wanted to try this companies stuff for a while. Do let us all know if they're close to the real deal. I have read several reviews that raved about them but been wary of the shipping meat thing.
The shipping cost has always been prohibitive in the past, almost doubleing the cost. Now they do flat rate 2nd day air shipping on orders over a certain amount. Still expensive but I managed to persuade myself I was saving money on the previous cost.

In order to be of service to the BE community I will eat one for lunch tomorrow and report on the experience. I ordered two different type. The traditional pork pie, and the ploughmans pork pie which has Branston pickle in it.
Old Aug 29th 2013, 12:41 am
BE Forum Addict

The shipping cost has always been prohibitive in the past, almost doubleing the cost. Now they do flat rate 2nd day air shipping on orders over a certain amount. Still expensive but I managed to persuade myself I was saving money on the previous cost.

In order to be of service to the BE community I will eat one for lunch tomorrow and report on the experience. I ordered two different type. The traditional pork pie, and the ploughmans pork pie which has Branston pickle in it.
How much do you have to spend to get the 2nd day air shipping?
Old Aug 29th 2013, 12:54 am

Originally Posted by Adnams
How much do you have to spend to get the 2nd day air shipping?
They only ship 2nd or next day air. If the order value is $75 then shipping is $25. Order more shipping is a smaller percentage. When I have looked to order before on an order of $40 shipping was $50. They sell sausages as well so I made up an order. Not cheap but I guess once in a while a little pleasure is aOK.
Old Aug 29th 2013, 2:16 am
BE Enthusiast

TimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond repute

Lansbury, next time you do an order I'll split the shipping with you, if you'd like. We are only a few miles apart (I'm in Tigard)...

- Tim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.