Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Hot, hot, hot

Hot, hot, hot

Old Jun 9th 2004, 9:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hot, hot, hot

Today and yesterday - I seriously don't think I have ever experienced heat like it in my life - even in Florida in July - but I guess its cos I'm working and living in it and not just lazing around! Last night I went out around 10 to take the rubbish out and I felt like I was walking into a furnace when I opened the door! They are all laughing once again at me in work when I say how unbearably hot it is and keep telling me this is nothing, wait till August! LOL.

Well my friend Gina gets here tomorrow night at 10pm - unfortunately I can't get the day off work Friday but I'm sure she'll have fun lazing by the pool. We're going to go for a nice meal and drinks Fri night and Sat night of course we've got the Harry Chronic (hehe) concert - looking forward to that tho - doesnt this look great - http://www.liveatthegarden.com/index.cfm?page=about

I'm trying to convince my mother it really isnt THAT hot in July and she should get herself out here - so far I think I might be winning for the beginning of July - my best friend has booked a week off at the end too - but the flights are just soooo expensive - even with the great links people have provided me with - hopefully will get something tho!

Oh, and I have a question - does anyone else get the Delilah show on their local radio station on weeknights?
Old Jun 9th 2004, 9:28 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hot, hot, hot

Originally posted by Lesley1020
Today and yesterday - I seriously don't think I have ever experienced heat like it in my life - even in Florida in July - but I guess its cos I'm working and living in it and not just lazing around! Last night I went out around 10 to take the rubbish out and I felt like I was walking into a furnace when I opened the door! They are all laughing once again at me in work when I say how unbearably hot it is and keep telling me this is nothing, wait till August! LOL.

Well my friend Gina gets here tomorrow night at 10pm - unfortunately I can't get the day off work Friday but I'm sure she'll have fun lazing by the pool. We're going to go for a nice meal and drinks Fri night and Sat night of course we've got the Harry Chronic (hehe) concert - looking forward to that tho - doesnt this look great - http://www.liveatthegarden.com/index.cfm?page=about

I'm trying to convince my mother it really isnt THAT hot in July and she should get herself out here - so far I think I might be winning for the beginning of July - my best friend has booked a week off at the end too - but the flights are just soooo expensive - even with the great links people have provided me with - hopefully will get something tho!

Oh, and I have a question - does anyone else get the Delilah show on their local radio station on weeknights?
Delilah? As in why, why why?

P.S. If you drink enough margaritas you forget how hot it is, and there is the added advantage that a haze of tequila repels mosquitoes and other flying nuisances.
Old Jun 9th 2004, 10:22 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Lion in Winter
Delilah? As in why, why why?

P.S. If you drink enough margaritas you forget how hot it is, and there is the added advantage that a haze of tequila repels mosquitoes and other flying nuisances.
Of course what you never do in extreme heat is drink alcohol ..you body will dehydrate like mad...drink plenty of water and the finest thirst quencher in the world is the humble tomato
Old Jun 9th 2004, 10:26 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ray6
Of course what you never do in extreme heat is drink alcohol ..you body will dehydrate like mad...drink plenty of water and the finest thirst quencher in the world is the humble tomato

Well of course correctly speaking, that's true. But it's so dull - whoever let off steam by eating tomatoes?
Old Jun 9th 2004, 10:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond repute

Well of course correctly speaking, that's true. But it's so dull - whoever let off steam by eating tomatoes?
Blech. I hate tomatoes. Has anyone started calling them TOMAYTOES yet??? :-D
Old Jun 9th 2004, 10:34 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

YUMMY
Attached Thumbnails Hot, hot, hot-10-tomato.jpg  
Old Jun 9th 2004, 10:35 pm
Winter hyphenator

monster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud of

Manc.

(telling tales.... )
Old Jun 9th 2004, 10:44 pm

Originally posted by monster
Manc.

(telling tales.... )
Attack a man after he's signed off for the day would you?

OK, so what else can you tell us about him.
Old Jun 9th 2004, 11:50 pm
Ben
BE Enthusiast

Ben has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond repute

Manc.

(telling tales.... )

You beat me to it!

You know he is never going to live that one down
Old Jun 10th 2004, 1:44 am
Winter hyphenator

monster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud of

Apparently in Toronto he said he was glad he'd ordered before we got there so we couldn't take the piss....
Old Jun 10th 2004, 1:46 am
Winter hyphenator

...I have to say, though, at least it's Tom-ay-to in broad Mancunian rather than tu-maaaay-do
Old Jun 10th 2004, 1:46 am
Winter hyphenator

Originally posted by Ben
You beat me to it!

You know he is never going to live that one down

Bit like that chair?......
Old Jun 10th 2004, 2:43 am

Bit like that chair?......

Could you elaborate before he gets up?
Old Jun 10th 2004, 3:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Lesley where is your mum flying from & to?

Like I just posted on another thread I found a really good rate the other day for June into July with a flight consolidator... however it can only be used for trips starting in the UK

Ash
Old Jun 10th 2004, 3:43 am
Winter hyphenator

Could you elaborate before he gets up?

Ben is a she.

And No.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.