Hope you can help me quickly.

Hope you can help me quickly.

Old Sep 2nd 2013, 6:23 pm
Just Joined

oldpot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hope you can help me quickly.

Hi,

I just found out my British passport runs out on the 19th of this month ,
now i just seen as well that after 9th of this month you cannot send them to Washington??

now , if i send it before the 9th ,wife gets payed on the 6th so can we send it on the 6th ??.

If i go to Walgreen's i hear they do a UK passport photo , DO i need it countersigned ??(i heard the you don't but just want to be 100% certain ) or can i send the photo's with nothing on .
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 6:41 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hope you can help me quickly.

Providing in the new photos you can be seen to be the person on the photo in the old passport, neither the new photos or the form need to be countersigned.
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 7:36 pm
Just Joined

ty Iansbury,
now i might (hope not) have a problem,
i came here 7 years back on a visa waiver and did not go back ,got married to my usa wife and due to unforeseen circumstances ,unemployment a few times (wife), health paying for that ,etc ,etc she 61 i am 51 ,we still in process of getting my aos papers sorted , (well not sent then yet still saving the money for the fees ?) now will that hinder me from getting my passport renewed , i use my passport as a id for if i need it over here with my birth certificate and driving license, any help would be appreciated .
ty.
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 8:34 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

It will not make any difference to the UK renewing your passport.

As to your status in the US and applying for AOS I would go see an immigration attorney pretty dam quick if I was you. That I fear is something you now cannot sort out without professional help and advice.
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 1:18 pm
Just Joined

Ty Iansbury
yep we had it a bit ruff last few years, but hope we can get sorted soon ,
so only thing i need to send is.
form
old passport
2 photos
and sheet with bank details on ??

whats best courier service to use ?
sorry for the questions , as i don't want to have it sent back if possible .

ty again for youe help.
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 4:18 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oldpot
Ty Iansbury
yep we had it a bit ruff last few years, but hope we can get sorted soon ,
so only thing i need to send is.
form
old passport
2 photos
and sheet with bank details on ??

whats best courier service to use ?
sorry for the questions , as i don't want to have it sent back if possible .

ty again for youe help.
Read the instructions: https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports

What courier you use is entirely down to your discretion. Frankly, i'd be spending my time getting your AOS sorted rather than your passport.
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 6:30 pm
Just Joined

ty hungryhorace,
about my aos , we still trying to save the money for the papers , like i said over the last 7 years , things have happened and due to unforeseen circumstances ,unemployment a few times (wife), health ,medical bills big car bills ,etc ,etc we have not had the money to get them sorted every time we was saving something came up , at the moment i love to go and see a attorney but we just do not have the money for one .hope we can sort things out end of year again if nothing does wrong in the meantime.
any advice would be appreciated on this matter .
ty.
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 6:54 pm
Mouthy Yank

Speedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond repute

oldpot, right now you will be in more trouble if you don't straighten out the AOS stuff than you will be if you have a recently expired passport. That sort of trouble can be a severe drain on your expenses in the long term. My advice is to go on a strict "money fast" as they call it... cancel the cable TV if you haven't yet, sell the second car if you both have one, whatever you need to to raise money to see the attorney to get your legal status sorted. I know that since you've had a hard time lately, you are scraped to the bone cash-wise. Shop attorneys and tell them you are doing all you can, and maybe you will find someone to help for a reduced fee or even pro bono. Find out whether you or your wife contribute to a legal assistance plan at work. Just get yourself legal first and worry about the passport second. It's not illegal to hold an outdated passport.
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 6:59 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Speedwell
oldpot, right now you will be in more trouble if you don't straighten out the AOS stuff than you will be if you have a recently expired passport. That sort of trouble can be a severe drain on your expenses in the long term. My advice is to go on a strict "money fast" as they call it... cancel the cable TV if you haven't yet, sell the second car if you both have one, whatever you need to to raise money to see the attorney to get your legal status sorted. I know that since you've had a hard time lately, you are scraped to the bone cash-wise. Shop attorneys and tell them you are doing all you can, and maybe you will find someone to help for a reduced fee or even pro bono. Find out whether you or your wife contribute to a legal assistance plan at work. Just get yourself legal first and worry about the passport second. It's not illegal to hold an outdated passport.
Completely agree with this! Given you're not (able, practically) leaving the country anytime soon, why the rush to get a passport? You don't HAVE to hold a passport to keep citizenship (i'm sure you're already aware of this, i'm just confirming it for you just in case).

Get yourself a free consultation with an immigration attorney, and get your status adjustment resolved first. Any other issues concerning your passport are, frankly, not even close to as serious.

You realize the potential consequences if you DON'T get your AOS resolved, right?
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 7:00 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

You don't have to hire an attorney. Most every state has a Catholic Charity and many also have immigration services/help provided to immigrants. Look in your phone.

You don't need an attorney to file but you do need to file. You are still young enough to get employment if you had an Employment Document. Can you borrow from friends or relatives? Heck, I would even place it on a credit card if you had one.
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 9:16 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Let the passport expire, that doesn't matter and save the couple hundred to sort the AOS pronto.
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 9:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Adnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond repute

Since when did the US embassy in Washigton decide to stop taking applications? Is that for real I had a swift look at their webaite and it looks like everything is now going to DurhamUk. Please tell me I am mistaken, been procrastinating on doing my littlests for, erm, 3 years.
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 9:54 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

There is no US embassy in Washington, or anywhere else in the USA. Embassies, by definition, are always in foreign countries.

Regards, JEff
Originally Posted by Adnams
Since when did the US embassy in Washigton decide to stop taking applications?
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 10:35 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Adnams
Since when did the US embassy in Washigton decide to stop taking applications? Is that for real I had a swift look at their webaite and it looks like everything is now going to DurhamUk. Please tell me I am mistaken, been procrastinating on doing my littlests for, erm, 3 years.
There is a thread from yesterday announcing the changes.
Old Sep 4th 2013, 1:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Adnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond repute

Yep kinda missed that one

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.