Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Honeymoon ideas for the USA?

Wikiposts

Honeymoon ideas for the USA?

Old Mar 9th 2008, 3:15 am
Forum Regular

Hove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to all
Default Re: Honeymoon ideas for the USA?

Originally Posted by yorkieuk
Dear all BE, I know this seem like a long time in advance seeming I haven't even begun the K1 process but my fiance is asking me for destinations etc so it can go in the wedding budget..

Anyway plan to get married in the US in summer 09 on the K1 visa and then have a honeymoon after for 7-14 days, prob want to spend no more than $2000 and are located in middle of IL so either can fly from St Louis or Chicago, we are obviously not going to book anything untill I have the K1 visa in my hand but I have limited knowledge of places to go in the US that would be suitable for a honeymoon...

I've been to LA/NYC/Las Vegas before and would really like to avoid big cities, if any body has any recommendations I would be very grateful.. I've googled 'US honeymoons' etc which seem to bring up disneyland, and i would rather go somewhere relaxing without all the screaming children I've also tried 'adult vacations' in google and that brings up a whole different type of holiday

Thanks in advance for any advice anyone can offer!
Coeur D' Alane Idaho beautiful Northern Idaho.On the Lake nothing like it.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 4:02 am
BE Enthusiast

yorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to behold

Wow cheers everyone! There certainly seems to be tons of beautiful places to see in the U.S, I am going to spend the next couple of hours googling all suggestions... a perfect way to spend a raining afternoon in the UK
Old Mar 9th 2008, 4:04 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow cheers everyone! There certainly seems to be tons of beautiful places to see in the U.S, I am going to spend the next couple of hours googling all suggestions... a perfect way to spend a raining afternoon in the UK
and i'd swop that any day than be here

btw i've heard of arranging the wedding to suit the family but never the honeymoon...
Old Mar 9th 2008, 4:13 am
BE Enthusiast

yorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by TruBrit
and i'd swop that any day than be here

btw i've heard of arranging the wedding to suit the family but never the honeymoon...
Yeah solid rain I rather like but its the constant grey skies and drizzle that is making me long for some sun!

And yes I guess large catholic families (and two fussing mothers) = lots of planning. However, don't be alarmed my parents and in laws ARE NOT coming on the honeymoon with us
Old Mar 9th 2008, 4:25 am
Account Closed

Yeah solid rain I rather like but its the constant grey skies and drizzle that is making me long for some sun!

And yes I guess large catholic families (and two fussing mothers) = lots of planning. However, don't be alarmed my parents and in laws ARE NOT coming on the honeymoon with us
but you've had a lovely early spring well they have down sth i know. sunshine is great for a holiday but not for mths on end believe you me!

LOL now i wondered if the families were accompanying you on the honeymoon
Old Mar 9th 2008, 7:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

You'll have to let us know what you think.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

denzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nice

We spent our honeymoon in Boston! We went in September had 3/4 days in Boston itself doing all the touristy things like the Freedom Trail, going for a burger in the Cheers Bar etc etc it is a fantastic city. Then we hired a car and drove a bit further up the coast to a place called Lynn, stayed in a lovely quaint B&B and did day trips up the coast and just generally took it easy. I loved it, not really your beach holiday even though there were some great beaches, but we had already done a beach holiday out in San Diego (we were living in AZ at the time). Which reminds me, you might also want to look into California, we had about 10 days in San Diego another great place especially the beaches, but for something special you might want to look at La Jolla, I thought that was a great town.

Good luck! I'm sure by now you have a long list of options!
Old Mar 9th 2008, 7:59 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Keep away from Florida .....
Old Mar 9th 2008, 9:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Keep away from Florida .....
Now Ray, surely Orlando is centre of the universe for honeymoons!
Old Mar 9th 2008, 9:12 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dan725
Now Ray, surely Orlando is centre of the universe for honeymoons!
If they want to be surrounded by drunk geordies and mancunians plus a
few scousers..great place
Old Mar 10th 2008, 7:41 am
Just Joined

chased is an unknown quantity at this point

I heartily recommend Charleston, SC. It has culture, beaches, restaurants, and the friendliest people in the US.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 10:14 am
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chased
I heartily recommend Charleston, SC. It has culture, beaches, restaurants, and the friendliest people in the US.
Charleston is a great place.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 10:18 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by denzil75
We spent our honeymoon in Boston! We went in September had 3/4 days in Boston itself doing all the touristy things like the Freedom Trail, going for a burger in the Cheers Bar etc etc it is a fantastic city. Then we hired a car and drove a bit further up the coast to a place called Lynn, stayed in a lovely quaint B&B and did day trips up the coast and just generally took it easy. I loved it, not really your beach holiday even though there were some great beaches, but we had already done a beach holiday out in San Diego (we were living in AZ at the time). Which reminds me, you might also want to look into California, we had about 10 days in San Diego another great place especially the beaches, but for something special you might want to look at La Jolla, I thought that was a great town.

Good luck! I'm sure by now you have a long list of options!

my son lives there and yes it is very nice.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Coney Island, NY is a must see. Can't afford it, try Canvey Island UK
Reg. Frank R.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

it's just not cricket is a jewel in the roughit's just not cricket is a jewel in the roughit's just not cricket is a jewel in the roughit's just not cricket is a jewel in the rough

Dear all BE, I know this seem like a long time in advance seeming I haven't even begun the K1 process but my fiance is asking me for destinations etc so it can go in the wedding budget..

Anyway plan to get married in the US in summer 09 on the K1 visa and then have a honeymoon after for 7-14 days, prob want to spend no more than $2000 and are located in middle of IL so either can fly from St Louis or Chicago, we are obviously not going to book anything untill I have the K1 visa in my hand but I have limited knowledge of places to go in the US that would be suitable for a honeymoon...

I've been to LA/NYC/Las Vegas before and would really like to avoid big cities, if any body has any recommendations I would be very grateful.. I've googled 'US honeymoons' etc which seem to bring up disneyland, and i would rather go somewhere relaxing without all the screaming children I've also tried 'adult vacations' in google and that brings up a whole different type of holiday

Thanks in advance for any advice anyone can offer!
We were in a similar situation to you with a similar budget. We also wanted to avoid the big cities and went for Estes Park, CO which is just outside the Rocky Mountain National Park. We stayed in the Stanley Hotel (the inspiration behind The Shining) for part of our honeymoon and rented a cottage (sorry cabin - just been corrected by the wife) for the rest.

We loved it and was exactly what we wanted out of a honeymoon without breaking the bank.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.