Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Honeymoon ideas for the USA?

Honeymoon ideas for the USA?

Old Mar 9th 2008, 1:19 am
BE Enthusiast

yorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to behold
Default Honeymoon ideas for the USA?

Dear all BE, I know this seem like a long time in advance seeming I haven't even begun the K1 process but my fiance is asking me for destinations etc so it can go in the wedding budget..

Anyway plan to get married in the US in summer 09 on the K1 visa and then have a honeymoon after for 7-14 days, prob want to spend no more than $2000 and are located in middle of IL so either can fly from St Louis or Chicago, we are obviously not going to book anything untill I have the K1 visa in my hand but I have limited knowledge of places to go in the US that would be suitable for a honeymoon...

I've been to LA/NYC/Las Vegas before and would really like to avoid big cities, if any body has any recommendations I would be very grateful.. I've googled 'US honeymoons' etc which seem to bring up disneyland, and i would rather go somewhere relaxing without all the screaming children I've also tried 'adult vacations' in google and that brings up a whole different type of holiday

Thanks in advance for any advice anyone can offer!
Old Mar 9th 2008, 1:39 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Honeymoon ideas for the USA?

Originally Posted by yorkieuk
Dear all BE, I know this seem like a long time in advance seeming I haven't even begun the K1 process but my fiance is asking me for destinations etc so it can go in the wedding budget..

Anyway plan to get married in the US in summer 09 on the K1 visa and then have a honeymoon after for 7-14 days, prob want to spend no more than $2000 and are located in middle of IL so either can fly from St Louis or Chicago, we are obviously not going to book anything untill I have the K1 visa in my hand but I have limited knowledge of places to go in the US that would be suitable for a honeymoon...

I've been to LA/NYC/Las Vegas before and would really like to avoid big cities, if any body has any recommendations I would be very grateful.. I've googled 'US honeymoons' etc which seem to bring up disneyland, and i would rather go somewhere relaxing without all the screaming children I've also tried 'adult vacations' in google and that brings up a whole different type of holiday

one of the smaller hawaiian islands perhaps or this one off Fl, a friend stayed there and said it was so relaxing.... http://www.littlepalmisland.com/litt...land_home.aspx
Old Mar 9th 2008, 1:46 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
one of the smaller hawaiian islands perhaps or this one off Fl, a friend stayed there and said it was so relaxing.... http://www.littlepalmisland.com/litt...land_home.aspx
Yep...definitely Hawaii for me.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 1:53 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Yep...definitely Hawaii for me.
not the big island one of the smaller ones, much quieter for a honeymoon...errrr now JG can you and me remember back that far
Old Mar 9th 2008, 3:06 am
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute

The Outer Banks of North Carolina are nice. www.southernshores.com has rental info. There are also cabin rentals in Ashville NC near the Biltmore Estate, www.willowwinds.com. In Virginia Smith Mountain Lake is nice and has rental cabins. A little more info on if you want a beach, mountain, sight seeing or lazy (stay in your room!) type honeymoon.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 3:14 am
BE Enthusiast

yorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to behold

Thanks all, I originally wanted Hawaii but the USC fiance said it is really expensive plus a long way to go for just a week or 10 days?! So I guess I am stuck with all the other states

All I want is somewhere relaxing and picturesque, I would be quite content to lie on a beach with a glass of wine for the entire stay but the OH would probably like somewhere where there is something to do beyond sunbathing as he might go a bit stir crazy

Oh and the lazy (stay in your room) type honeymoon does seem rather appealing but I have to come up with some sort of vacation destination so the parents don't think we're total nymphomaniacs
Old Mar 9th 2008, 3:17 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

With limited finances available for a honeymoon, why not look into renting a cottage on one of the lakes in Illinois or Wisconsin for your honeymoon.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 3:28 am
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute

www.sthazards.com, in Ohio, Cedar Point amusement park nearby, microbrewery, and all the usual stuff that comes around lakes.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 3:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all, I originally wanted Hawaii but the USC fiance said it is really expensive plus a long way to go for just a week or 10 days?! So I guess I am stuck with all the other states

All I want is somewhere relaxing and picturesque, I would be quite content to lie on a beach with a glass of wine for the entire stay but the OH would probably like somewhere where there is something to do beyond sunbathing as he might go a bit stir crazy

Oh and the lazy (stay in your room) type honeymoon does seem rather appealing but I have to come up with some sort of vacation destination so the parents don't think we're total nymphomaniacs
10 days is long enough for Hawaii. Plus - if you mention that it's your honeymoon you're likely to have a few freebies along the way.

I loved coastal Oregon - have you considered that area? Fresh seafood, microbrews, crashing waves, walks on the beach, you name it. We stayed at Cannon Beach Hotel in Cannon Beach, Oregon for about $100/night and it was very nice.

Savannah could also be nice too.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 4:32 am
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

Ask Cindyabs! She's our resident travel agent and I'm sure she knows some good locations and possibly some good deals. Personally I'd go to the Keys in Florida, Seattle-Portland area and go to Glacier Park by train, or Southwest Arizona-San Diego-Grand Canyon trip.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 11:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

You could try the Poconos, very popular honeymoon destination: http://honeymoons.about.com/cs/pocon...oshoneymoo.htm

Considered it for ours, but got a good deal in Vegas so thats where we went instead.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 11:41 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KJ2007
10 days is long enough for Hawaii. Plus - if you mention that it's your honeymoon you're likely to have a few freebies along the way.

I loved coastal Oregon - have you considered that area? Fresh seafood, microbrews, crashing waves, walks on the beach, you name it. We stayed at Cannon Beach Hotel in Cannon Beach, Oregon for about $100/night and it was very nice.

Savannah could also be nice too.
Yes indeed Savannah would be nice, I'll even say Charleston too (although we are tourist rivals,)

The Golden Isles on down the road from us in Savannah are nice.

Of course the best beaches in FL are along the Redneck Riviera AKA the Emerald Coast-Destin, Fort Walton.

http://www.visitgulf.com/

http://www.emeraldcoasttours.com/graytonbeach/
Old Mar 9th 2008, 12:28 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

Hawaii can be done a lot cheaper than you suspect--get the airfare and hotel as a package. It just takes some shopping around. I'd avoid Honolulu--it's just like any big city in the US, and consider Kauai or Maui or the Big Island (Hawaii) if you want to be really remote with lava and volcanos etc.

On the mainland, you could consider Reno or Lake Tahoe, or maybe a trip up into Maine. Someone else recommended the Outer Banks which would be good.

You could also go to LA, rent a car, and work your way slowly up the Pacific Coast Hawaii to San Francisco or even farther north. Would be a fun trip.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 12:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Go north yong man !!!!..... See Alaska
F**K sitting around on beaches all day, see some real beauty and peace.*

*peace not promised if you stay near an oil production plant.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 2:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penguinsix
Hawaii can be done a lot cheaper than you suspect--get the airfare and hotel as a package. It just takes some shopping around. I'd avoid Honolulu--it's just like any big city in the US, and consider Kauai or Maui or the Big Island (Hawaii) if you want to be really remote with lava and volcanos etc.

On the mainland, you could consider Reno or Lake Tahoe, or maybe a trip up into Maine. Someone else recommended the Outer Banks which would be good.

You could also go to LA, rent a car, and work your way slowly up the Pacific Coast Hawaii to San Francisco or even farther north. Would be a fun trip.
Good point about Hawaii - I'd recommend Kauai personally.

I also like the Pacific Coast Highway idea - that would be a great trip. Is it the 17 mile drive that's so beautiful I thihk? Great honeymoon activity.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.