Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Holy Shit I got a Job

Holy Shit I got a Job

Old Oct 20th 2003, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

robclews is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Holy Shit I got a Job

After weeks of working freelance and worrying my arse off, struggling to get paid for a string of stuff i did while i was here, I applied for a job i thought i had no chance of getting.

Holly shit i just got an offer in the mail, so needless to say i am accepting before they find out what they have done. Doesn't vacation time in the USA suck, going from 5 weeks plus bank holidays to 2 weeks plus personal days and stuff is a pisser, after 10 years though i will get 4 weeks plus personal days, whooo hooo.

Decent medical and all the other bits makes up for the loss of a company car, but at least i won't be taxed out of the ears for that perk as i was in the UK.

So today i am a happy soul

Rob
Old Oct 20th 2003, 8:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Rob!
Old Oct 20th 2003, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsm is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations & good luck!!

Just started searching the "want" ads myself.
Old Oct 20th 2003, 8:53 pm
Oxymath and eremite

Stumpyguy is a jewel in the roughStumpyguy is a jewel in the roughStumpyguy is a jewel in the roughStumpyguy is a jewel in the rough

Congratulations Rob, that is certainly an achievement with the economy the way it is. The medical insurance is an important one, and also don't overlook the 401K if they offer it as it means free money.
Old Oct 20th 2003, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Stumpyguy
Congratulations Rob, that is certainly an achievement with the economy the way it is. The medical insurance is an important one, and also don't overlook the 401K if they offer it as it means free money.
Thanks, like most companies there is a 401k which kicks in after 12 months, so its all looking good.

Rob
Old Oct 20th 2003, 9:20 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Rob.....and welcome back to the 'work yer ****** arse off real world' instead of noncing around
Old Oct 20th 2003, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Yosser
Well done Rob.....and welcome back to the 'work yer ****** arse off real world' instead of noncing around

Thanks..hey i get free dental as well lol
Old Oct 20th 2003, 9:30 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by robclews
Thanks..hey i get free dental as well lol
Not such a thing me old mucker....just wait and see
Old Oct 20th 2003, 10:33 pm
Professional Mover

Location: Derry, NH Via Salem, NH via Ma, NC, ex Manchester, UK.
RoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to behold

Congrats!!!

Just been through the interview grind myself today...... two in a day, I'm knackered!!!!
Old Oct 20th 2003, 10:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

WeyyyyyyyyyHeyyyyyyyyyyy Congrats Rob !!!!!!

Jan
Old Oct 20th 2003, 11:38 pm
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Holy Shit I got a Job

Originally posted by robclews
After weeks of working freelance and worrying my arse off, struggling to get paid for a string of stuff i did while i was here, I applied for a job i thought i had no chance of getting.

Holly shit i just got an offer in the mail, so needless to say i am accepting before they find out what they have done. Doesn't vacation time in the USA suck, going from 5 weeks plus bank holidays to 2 weeks plus personal days and stuff is a pisser, after 10 years though i will get 4 weeks plus personal days, whooo hooo.

Decent medical and all the other bits makes up for the loss of a company car, but at least i won't be taxed out of the ears for that perk as i was in the UK.

So today i am a happy soul

Rob
Well done, Rob. Happy that things have finally worked out for ya
Old Oct 20th 2003, 11:42 pm
Corpsicle

nathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the rough

Congrats, congrats

I'm still dealing with the incredible irony that my job involves helping people find work, after I'd spent so long myself looking for a job. (I work for a staffing agency)
Old Oct 21st 2003, 1:58 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by robclews ...... So today i am a happy soul ....
Congratulations Rob, that's great news.
Old Oct 21st 2003, 6:17 am
Forum Regular

smiler125 is an unknown quantity at this point

I spent most my U.K vacation days visiting America, so at least I won't need to do that when I actually move there.
The two weeks vacation is a major reduction, but at least I will have all those weekends in the place where I want to be

cheers

Paul
Old Oct 21st 2003, 9:22 am
BE Enthusiast

207lonsdale is on a distinguished road

Congratulations Rob!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.