British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Holy Shit I got a Job (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/holy-shit-i-got-job-186065/)

robclews Oct 20th 2003 8:33 pm

Holy Shit I got a Job

After weeks of working freelance and worrying my arse off, struggling to get paid for a string of stuff i did while i was here, I applied for a job i thought i had no chance of getting.

Holly shit i just got an offer in the mail, so needless to say i am accepting before they find out what they have done. Doesn't vacation time in the USA suck, going from 5 weeks plus bank holidays to 2 weeks plus personal days and stuff is a pisser, after 10 years though i will get 4 weeks plus personal days, whooo hooo.

Decent medical and all the other bits makes up for the loss of a company car, but at least i won't be taxed out of the ears for that perk as i was in the UK.

So today i am a happy soul

Rob

Pimpbot Oct 20th 2003 8:47 pm

Congrats Rob!

mrsm Oct 20th 2003 8:51 pm

Congratulations & good luck!!
:D
Just started searching the "want" ads myself.

Stumpyguy Oct 20th 2003 8:53 pm

Congratulations Rob, that is certainly an achievement with the economy the way it is. The medical insurance is an important one, and also don't overlook the 401K if they offer it as it means free money.

robclews Oct 20th 2003 9:00 pm

Originally posted by Stumpyguy
Congratulations Rob, that is certainly an achievement with the economy the way it is. The medical insurance is an important one, and also don't overlook the 401K if they offer it as it means free money.
Thanks, like most companies there is a 401k which kicks in after 12 months, so its all looking good.

Rob

Yosser Oct 20th 2003 9:20 pm

Well done Rob.....and welcome back to the 'work yer ****** arse off real world' instead of noncing around :D

robclews Oct 20th 2003 9:22 pm

Originally posted by Yosser
Well done Rob.....and welcome back to the 'work yer ****** arse off real world' instead of noncing around :D

Thanks..hey i get free dental as well lol ;)

Yosser Oct 20th 2003 9:30 pm

Originally posted by robclews
Thanks..hey i get free dental as well lol ;)
Not such a thing me old mucker....just wait and see;)

RoB1833 Oct 20th 2003 10:33 pm

Congrats!!!

Just been through the interview grind myself today...... two in a day, I'm knackered!!!!

Jan Alaska Oct 20th 2003 10:34 pm

WeyyyyyyyyyHeyyyyyyyyyyy Congrats Rob !!!!!!

Jan :)

Ranjini Oct 20th 2003 11:38 pm

Re: Holy Shit I got a Job

Originally posted by robclews
After weeks of working freelance and worrying my arse off, struggling to get paid for a string of stuff i did while i was here, I applied for a job i thought i had no chance of getting.

Holly shit i just got an offer in the mail, so needless to say i am accepting before they find out what they have done. Doesn't vacation time in the USA suck, going from 5 weeks plus bank holidays to 2 weeks plus personal days and stuff is a pisser, after 10 years though i will get 4 weeks plus personal days, whooo hooo.

Decent medical and all the other bits makes up for the loss of a company car, but at least i won't be taxed out of the ears for that perk as i was in the UK.

So today i am a happy soul

Rob
Well done, Rob. Happy that things have finally worked out for ya :)

nathan barley Oct 20th 2003 11:42 pm

Congrats, congrats :)

I'm still dealing with the incredible irony that my job involves helping people find work, after I'd spent so long myself looking for a job. (I work for a staffing agency)

Pulaski Oct 21st 2003 1:58 am

Originally posted by robclews ...... So today i am a happy soul ....
Congratulations Rob, that's great news. :)

smiler125 Oct 21st 2003 6:17 am

I spent most my U.K vacation days visiting America, so at least I won't need to do that when I actually move there.
The two weeks vacation is a major reduction, but at least I will have all those weekends in the place where I want to be

cheers

Paul

207lonsdale Oct 21st 2003 9:22 am

Congratulations Rob!!! :):):)