Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Holiday home in the Eastern Sierras

Holiday home in the Eastern Sierras

Old Dec 10th 2014, 7:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Holiday home in the Eastern Sierras

Blizzard on its way to California, forecasters say
Old Dec 10th 2014, 8:36 pm
Just Joined

Econut1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Holiday home in the Eastern Sierras

Hi
Bishop is absolutely a wonderful and beautiful location. I've spent a lot of time up that way. I've skied at Mammoth Mountain for years. It would be a great location for summer and winter rentals. Other closeby things to see in this area are the June Mountain area - just about 30 miles north, in the summer, usually from Memorial Day until Octoberish you can get to Yosemite National park in the back way. Road is closed in winter. Also, Bodie ghost town - again north on 395 about an hour to 90 minutes. Bridgeport - again just north on 395 is great for fishing, hiking, etc. Mammoth is great for summer and winter, lots to see, and of course Bishop is great for fishing, hunting, camping, etc. and on memorial day weekend (end of May) is Mule Days! The largest Mule show in the U.S. Great fun! At the moment Bishop and Mammoth are still somewhat affordable. If you need a good realtor in the area you could contact Karen Nelson at Realty World 760.933.9318. She helped me purchase and manage a property I had some years ago. Really helpful and HONEST. You can tell her Patty from Burbank recommended her. There are lots of other things to do. It's a great place. Let me know if I can be of help in answering any more questions.
Old Dec 10th 2014, 9:05 pm
Just Joined

Spencer14 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for all the information - we had heard about June lake but passed it up onour last visit in order to see rock creek. Mule day looks like a blast!

Thanks again and will certainly get in contact with Karen.
Old Dec 10th 2014, 9:10 pm
Just Joined

Econut1 is an unknown quantity at this point

You have to check out Toomeys Restaurant in the Village. He was running the deli between Mammoth and June at the Chevron Station - it became the gourmet stopping place. He now has his own place in Mammoth. Great guy and GREAT Food. Let me know if you get a place - I just may have to rent it from you if I get back out that way! I just left Calif and moved to Savannah, GA. Best of luck! Cheers,
Old Dec 10th 2014, 9:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure about tonight's storm since yesterday it was predicted to dump buckets of rain on the bay area between 2-6 am tonight and then mostly be over but now the forecast is for significant rain into Friday. It could be a fun couple of days. I suspect a lot depends on whether the front slows when it hits landfall or storms develop behind the front.

Hurricane-Force Winds, Torrential Rain Forecast For What Could Be Storm Of The Decade « CBS San Francisco

Last edited by Michael; Dec 10th 2014 at 9:27 pm.