holiday

Old Jun 14th 2004, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

andy kerry is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up holiday

hello all
can anyone help out there im looking for a holiday by the sea over xmas period we are looking for warm weather not to expensive flying from newark.
Old Jun 14th 2004, 4:06 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: holiday

Port of Umm Qasr
Old Jun 14th 2004, 4:22 pm
Ben
BE Enthusiast

Ben has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond repute

Florida Keys

You also might find it cheaper to fly from a smaller airport. I know on Long Island it is cheaper to fly from McArthur than it is JFK.
Old Jun 15th 2004, 3:22 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute

The budget arm of Delta Airlines is called 'Song' and they have some routes (to Florida destinations) out of Newark.

http://www.flysong.com

Other budget airlines have routes out of EWR; for example ATA and USA3000 (which was formerly a charter airline for Apple Vacations). Both of these airlines have holiday packages to Florida and the Caribbean - but for some itineraries you might need to make a flight connection.

I don't know your visa status but if you need to apply for advanced parole to leave and re-enter the USA but would rather avoid the hassle of doing this, you might want to consider Puerto Rico which is considered US territory and is a domestic flight to/from Newark - although on the return leg you have to have your bags cleared by Customs in case you're bringing in food etc. (Continental Airlines has a direct service to Puerto Rico - we flew this route when we did a cruise from PR)

You will find scheduled flights and vacation packages here:

http://www.ata.com

http://www.usa3000airlines.com

http://www.applevacations.com (not just with departures from Newark - it's the nearest equivalent of the UK tour operators eg. Airtours, Thomson etc.)

For the list of the airlines which fly to/from Newark, see here:

http://www.newarkairport.com
Old Jun 15th 2004, 3:33 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Englishmum
The budget arm of Delta Airlines is called 'Song' and they have some routes (to Florida destinations) out of Newark.

Delta have a budget arm? Flippin eck......didn't think you could get any more budget than Delta!
Old Jun 15th 2004, 12:35 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Yorkieabroad
Originally posted by Englishmum

Delta have a budget arm? Flippin eck......didn't think you could get any more budget than Delta!

Ha ha!

Even United Airlines has jumped on the bandwagon of having a 'no frills' budget airline - called "Ted" (!) but they have a limited route network and I have yet to read any good reports about it...

..... but if you're interested here's the link:

http://www.flyted.com

The most popular airline in the US right now is the 'budget' airline JetBlue which has leather seats and individual televisions in the economy section yet charges lower prices than the 'major' airlines:

http://www.jetblue.com

and another successful airline is Southwest (which is currently the subject of the British-produced 'Airline' series on TV (it's on the 'Bravo' channel, I think - and pretty much a copy of the Easyjet airline they show in the Summer in the UK). I still love to watch 'Airport' about Heathrow Airport on the Discovery Wings channel....I'm a sad person I know!

http://www.southwest.com

I still can't understand why the British budget airlines eg. Easyjet, MyTravelite, Ryanair, Buzz etc. can offer such low, low fares whilst this doesn't seem to be the case in the US?

My mum is visiting right now and thought that her flight over on Continental Airlines was crap. She was disappointed that the food selection was so poor - just beef with rice, or chicken with rice, she's teetotal but shocked that they were charging for wine or beer, only getting a tiny amount of juice to drink, no individual TV, very cramped legroom and a disinterested aircrew who seemed to have no pride in their job or appearance. She misses the cabin staff and amenities on (her favourite) Singapore Airlines!
Old Jun 15th 2004, 1:07 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

i think the aircrew problem is that they all used to have pretty plum jobs - what with forced renegotiation of salaries (downwards) and loss of other benefits, the are having a hard time adjusting to what aircrew in low cost european airlines has to put up with
Old Jun 15th 2004, 1:24 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by BritGuyTN
i think the aircrew problem is that they all used to have pretty plum jobs - what with forced renegotiation of salaries (downwards) and loss of other benefits, the are having a hard time adjusting to what aircrew in low cost european airlines has to put up with
Defo. The unions here can and do cripple the airlines. The Delta pilots are the next lot to be taking a huge pay decrease this summer.

Starting pay for a first officer on the low budget airlines is now in the region of $35k!
Old Jun 15th 2004, 4:05 pm
I'm as thick as a plank!

PrincessofWales is an unknown quantity at this point

Give me Jet Blue anyday, the service and experience is great. Crew seem to actually enjoy their work and make you feel at ease. I can even indulge and watch the Food Network non-stop.

Southwest is a disgrace, the service is appalling, the aircraft are sardine tins, and the whole concept of open seating is the last thing you want to have to deal with once through the challenges of check in and security..
Old Jun 15th 2004, 6:06 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

personally i like southwest - both for business and pleasure - they are reasonably priced most of the time and the destination list is pretty good from my local airport - i can fly to pretty much everywhere with one connection max

ryan air are modelled on southwest - as long as you take the view that it is a flying bus then you will be fine, if you are expected full fare serice then look elsewhere

never flown jet blue - they don't fly to the area where i live
Old Jun 15th 2004, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

andy kerry is an unknown quantity at this point

many thanks all youve give me lots to work on
Old Jun 15th 2004, 8:23 pm

Originally posted by Ben
Florida Keys

My friend has just arrived back after being on a Royal Caribbean cruise from Fort Lauderdale.

She was really disappointed with the cruise; not only that the ship wasn't very nice (compared to going on the wonderful Adventure of the Sea last year) - food wasn't very good and there were loads of 'rednecks' on board...

....but the ports of call were disappointing as well. One place was that mega-large Atlantis hotel (in the Bahamas?) which she said was Las Vegas meets the sea...but the other place was Key West. She said she was shocked as she thought it would be a sort of 'upmarket' type of place. Apparently it's full of lager-lout type noisy rednecks as well (just like the surfies in Byron Bay in her native Australia) and the place was dirty and 'trashy' (I guess an American version of Torrelominos?!). I've only been to Key Largo but wasn't impressed with it either. I think if I go to Florida again I'd go to Sarasota which I've heard is very nice indeed.
Old Jun 15th 2004, 8:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Ben
Florida Keys

You also might find it cheaper to fly from a smaller airport. I know on Long Island it is cheaper to fly from McArthur than it is JFK.
Long Island ?? cue Jaws theme !
Old Jun 15th 2004, 8:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Englishmum
My friend has just arrived back after being on a Royal Caribbean cruise from Fort Lauderdale.

She was really disappointed with the cruise; not only that the ship wasn't very nice (compared to going on the wonderful Adventure of the Sea last year) - food wasn't very good and there were loads of 'rednecks' on board...

Damn, hope the Explorer of the Seas is better, Memsahib & I are off for a week round Belize, Costa Maya, Cozumel & Caymans for a week.

Last time we were on a boat together it was the slightly smaller but more famous Mersey Ferry. How many songs r there about Royal Caribbean ???
Old Jun 15th 2004, 9:11 pm
Ben
BE Enthusiast

Ben has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
Long Island ?? cue Jaws theme !

Can just hear the theme tune going through my mind now!

EM, never been to Florida Keys personally. Mum and dad went years ago and said it was a great hangout for homosexuals and artists! Not that I am saying anyone here is or isn't - homosexual or an artist!

I just know it is cheap from here and that was what was asked for

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.