British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Hi from NC! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/hi-nc-406234/)

SWAMPFOX Nov 5th 2006 1:30 pm

Hi from NC!

Hi Y'all,

I'm pretty new here and forgot to introduce myself.
I've lived in North Carolina for just short of 3 years now and love it . The only thing That I miss is my drinking buddies but - ah well - I 'll get over it eventually.
I was a police officer in the UK for 30 years and moved over here when I retired , with my wife who is a US Citizen . Not working at the moment but feeling bored so need to get out of the house and find some work or other diversions soon.
I'm coming up to 52 years of age so probably too young to fully retire anyway.
My wife and I enjoy playing golf, eating and drinking ( more as a gourmet than a glutton!). We have adopted a dog from the local rescue center and he is the best dog I've ever had and my wifes substitute baby.
I look forward to conversing with people on the forum and maybe hooking up in due course

tata for now

Steve

DollyLlama Nov 5th 2006 1:41 pm

Re: Hi from NC!

Hello and Welcome Steve :)

britvic Nov 5th 2006 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by SWAMPFOX
Hi Y'all,

I've lived in North Carolina for just short of 3 years now and love it . The only thing That I miss is my drinking buddies but - ah well - I 'll get over it eventually.
I was a police officer in the UK for 30 years and moved over here when I retired , with my wife who is a US Citizen . Not working at the moment but feeling bored so need to get out of the house and find some work or other diversions soon.
My wife and I enjoy playing golf, eating and drinking ( more as a gourmet than a glutton!). We have adopted a dog from the local rescue center and he is the best dog I've ever had and my wifes substitute baby.
I look forward to conversing with people on the forum and maybe hooking up in due course

tata for now

Steve

Welcome to BE Steve :) Our British Bobbie has just gone back to the UK and settled back in his old job. I use to visit Goldsbough NC for long periods while dating my now Yank Hubby.

Bob Nov 5th 2006 1:49 pm

Welcome to BE :)

Scouse Express Nov 5th 2006 1:55 pm

Hi Y'all,

tata for now

Steve

Welcome to the board, Steve. Great to have you join the Madhouse!

Jim

Elvira Nov 5th 2006 1:57 pm

Hiya! :)

You may have heard there is a vacancy for a copper on this eminent forum.

But you'll have a heck of a lot to live up to ;)

SWAMPFOX Nov 5th 2006 2:00 pm

Thanks to everyone for the welcome!
WE just had someone murdered on the sub division where I live but they have activated me yet! - ( methinks an inside job ;) )

Sue Nov 5th 2006 2:03 pm

Welcome to the site.

Sue

Irn-bru Nov 5th 2006 2:27 pm

Hi there,
Welcome, how's your golf improving?
you've big shoes to fill with AWP (our former bobbie) gone!
What kid of dog did you get, you must post photos of him in the photo gallery. :)

SWAMPFOX Nov 5th 2006 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by irnbru4u
Hi there,
Welcome, how's your golf improving?
you've big shoes to fill with AWP (our former bobbie) gone!
What kid of dog did you get, you must post photos of him in the photo gallery. :)

Thanks for the welcome

golf is not improving as I've not played for 3 months due to injury received whilst playing ( note to self: your not getting any younger Steve)
Our dog is a great dane/lab mix and has the sweetest temperament and character.
I'll post a pic now
thanks
steve

I've posteda pic of Mrs Swampfox and Bugsy - He's a little bigger now (95 lbs) but the same shape - not bad for a rescued stray

Irn-bru Nov 5th 2006 2:45 pm

Thanks for the welcome

golf is not improving as I've not played for 3 months due to injury received whilst playing ( note to self: your not getting any younger Steve)
Our dog is a great dane/lab mix and has the sweetest temperament and character.
I'll post a pic now
thanks
steve

Sorry to hear about your back.
Your dog looks lovely - looks full of beans, and your wife looks lovely as well.
Good on you for getting a rescue dog. I love dogs but still have to talk my hubby into getting one :(

Dogbyte Nov 15th 2006 3:52 pm

Hi Y'all,

tata for now

Steve

Dogbyte calling
Hi Steve, have put similar intro on thread page for your info