Hi everyone

Old Sep 6th 2006, 11:19 am
Renegade who has it made

ladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi everyone

Originally Posted by Reginald
Hello there guys and gals,

My wife and I are looking to emigrate to the US, Virginia hopefully, and I can't believe what an utter minefield of red tape it is!

We hope to buy a business and so travel and live under the E2 banner. We do have family there, but its aunt, uncle and cousins, so apparently not close enough to help us get a green card.

I am travelling out there towards the end of this month to stay with my family, have a good look around at the area, talk to some people in the field I wish to work in, and generally see how the land lies.

I guess my biggest fear is the chicken end egg thing - I am happy to commit and invest if I know I am getting a visa, but I don't know that I'll get a visa until we invest!

Anyway - maybe this is something you could help with. I have been on loads of websites of imigration lawyers offering their services, and I'm quite tempted. Are they really valuable/worth while, or do they make it sound harder than it is in order to get your money? Any opinions and recommendations would be very welcome.

Thanks for reading and I hope I might be able to contribute something to the forum.

Reg

welcome and good luck!
Old Sep 6th 2006, 11:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond repute

Hello there guys and gals,

My wife and I are looking to emigrate to the US, Virginia hopefully, and I can't believe what an utter minefield of red tape it is!

We hope to buy a business and so travel and live under the E2 banner. We do have family there, but its aunt, uncle and cousins, so apparently not close enough to help us get a green card.

I am travelling out there towards the end of this month to stay with my family, have a good look around at the area, talk to some people in the field I wish to work in, and generally see how the land lies.

I guess my biggest fear is the chicken end egg thing - I am happy to commit and invest if I know I am getting a visa, but I don't know that I'll get a visa until we invest!

Anyway - maybe this is something you could help with. I have been on loads of websites of imigration lawyers offering their services, and I'm quite tempted. Are they really valuable/worth while, or do they make it sound harder than it is in order to get your money? Any opinions and recommendations would be very welcome.

Thanks for reading and I hope I might be able to contribute something to the forum.

Reg
Hello and welcome, You're not Jimmy Saville in disguise are you?
Old Sep 7th 2006, 8:01 am
Ever Hopefull

Reginald has much to be proud ofReginald has much to be proud ofReginald has much to be proud ofReginald has much to be proud ofReginald has much to be proud ofReginald has much to be proud ofReginald has much to be proud ofReginald has much to be proud ofReginald has much to be proud ofReginald has much to be proud ofReginald has much to be proud of

Jimmy Saville? I don't think so!

Not sure Sir Jimmy does this too often:

Now then now then......

Last edited by Reginald; Sep 7th 2006 at 8:21 am.
Old Sep 7th 2006, 12:22 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Now then now then......
Dear Jim

I want to ride a fast motorbike around Donnington Park.

Sincerely

Reginald
age 8.
Old Sep 7th 2006, 12:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Now then now then......
Lovely stuff
Old Sep 7th 2006, 4:13 pm
Ever Hopefull

Reginald has much to be proud ofReginald has much to be proud ofReginald has much to be proud ofReginald has much to be proud ofReginald has much to be proud ofReginald has much to be proud ofReginald has much to be proud ofReginald has much to be proud ofReginald has much to be proud ofReginald has much to be proud ofReginald has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Manc
Dear Jim

I want to ride a fast motorbike around Donnington Park.

Sincerely

Reginald
age 8.

Do you know what, thats exactly how it happened!

But out of interest, how the hell did you work out its Donington Park? Either a lucky guess or you have special cunning powers.
Old Sep 7th 2006, 4:18 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Do you know what, thats exactly how it happened!

But out of interest, how the hell did you work out its Donington Park? Either a lucky guess or you have special cunning powers.

That would be AWP...he's the one with the cunning powers.
Old Sep 7th 2006, 4:19 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

50 / 50 shot of donnington or oulton park..........

I picked right.
Old Sep 7th 2006, 5:16 pm
Ever Hopefull

Originally Posted by Manc
50 / 50 shot of donnington or oulton park..........

I picked right.

Ok, 50 points for what corner is it?
Old Sep 7th 2006, 5:19 pm
Mad bugger

peacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Reginald, welcome, have some karma.
Old Sep 7th 2006, 5:19 pm
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

Avoid Vegas when you get here Reginald...you gambling man you
Old Sep 7th 2006, 5:35 pm
@matthewb76

I'll hazard a guess at Craner Curves.
Old Sep 7th 2006, 5:37 pm
Ever Hopefull

Good man Manc, spot on.

Kate - I got married at Red Rock Canyon just outside of Vegas in March last year - and I left Vegas better off than I arrived after having some beginners luck!
Old Sep 7th 2006, 6:01 pm
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

Good man Manc, spot on.

Kate - I got married at Red Rock Canyon just outside of Vegas in March last year - and I left Vegas better off than I arrived after having some beginners luck!
Ah but you lost your bet with Manc, so maybe your luck is changing lol.

Great place to get married! Red Rock ..We got married in the Blue Ridge Muntains of Virginia (remember the Laurel and Hardy song lol) Very close to where Earl Hamner of the Waltons fame used to live and where the stories were based. Corny as hell but fun.

Looks like you are a bit of a daredevil racer
Old Sep 7th 2006, 6:31 pm
Ever Hopefull

Originally Posted by Kate2112
Ah but you lost your bet with Manc, so maybe your luck is changing lol.

Great place to get married! Red Rock ..We got married in the Blue Ridge Muntains of Virginia (remember the Laurel and Hardy song lol) Very close to where Earl Hamner of the Waltons fame used to live and where the stories were based. Corny as hell but fun.

Looks like you are a bit of a daredevil racer
I do remember that song! We had a cool wedding, ceremony was at sunset, there was only a very small number of people came with us too.

A yes, I am a bit of a petrol head

Hoping if we get to the States it will open up whole new ways for me to use petrol!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.