Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Hi from Carmel Indiana

Wikiposts

Hi from Carmel Indiana

Old Jun 11th 2007, 6:20 am
Carmel Indiana

paul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi from Carmel Indiana

Originally Posted by LindaBB
Hi snap - you live in our backyard - we lived in Carmel too. So if you want an English cuppa sometime ...... with a couple of GPs, we are in SW Carmel. We have weathered most stuff you go through and enjoyed the rest. Welcome to Carmel. We call it home.

Linda
Hiya!!

Well we're just off W 126th between Town and Shelborne - building a house on just off 131st.

So I think we might be even closer than you thought!!

Regards.

Paul.
Old Jun 11th 2007, 6:22 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome to BE everyone.
Old Jun 11th 2007, 6:25 am
Carmel Indiana

paul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daizycakes
Hello from an Indianapolis native and (one-time) fellow Carmelite!

I am now living in Minneapolis, but grew up on the northside of Indy and lived in Carmel for a time, at Mohawk Hills Apartments (which I've heard are being torn down), and I used to work at the Carmel Public Library as an assistant in the Communications and Development department. I've still no idea why a library needs a Communications and Development department, but it's a great library anyhow.

BTW, for Indian curry, check out India Garden in Broad Ripple. It's still the best Indian food I've ever had!

Cheers,
Andie
am I missing a good madras!! cheers - not been broadripple yet, though missus has on a girly night out and enjoyed it - one for the to do list.

cheers.

paul.
Old Jun 11th 2007, 6:34 am
Carmel Indiana

Originally Posted by deniseincarmel
Hi everyone. Somehow pulled up this forum while looking for movies currently playing in Carmel and thought I'd stop by and join in. Hubs and I have been planning a trip to London for 5 years and something has always come up!!!!!!

Hubs grew up on Meridian Street. We've lived in Carmel since '99. I'm from North Carolina so sometimes I feel like I'm from another country

Daisycakes, I concur regarding Carmel's library. It's the best one I've ever used. And, their video selection pretty good. They even have A&E and BBC mini-series (don't know how to make the plural of that) that can be checked out. There was a pretty good one of Anthony Trollop's that got me onto him a couple of years ago--pretty good satire of upper crusts.

Paul, if you want bread without sugar, try Wild Oats. I think they have a store in Clay Terrace now. If not, there's one in Nora which is close to Carmel.

Well, take care everyone.
hi neighbour!

thx for the bread advice, we've discovered nichols? italian bread at Meijer just next to the 7.62 /.223 rifle ammunition (lol) - Tastes just like the stuff we munched at home.

btw - Don't go to London, nasty place - head up north, lakes / york etc much nicer

Any where we can get Constipation Street on DVD, my wife is missing her soaps dreadfully. Though she is getting into "house"
Old Jun 18th 2007, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

deniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to all

Originally Posted by paul1968mcr
hi neighbour!

thx for the bread advice, we've discovered nichols? italian bread at Meijer just next to the 7.62 /.223 rifle ammunition (lol) - Tastes just like the stuff we munched at home.

btw - Don't go to London, nasty place - head up north, lakes / york etc much nicer

Any where we can get Constipation Street on DVD, my wife is missing her soaps dreadfully. Though she is getting into "house"
Constipation Street? Can't help you there.

We'll be watching the princes tonight on Dateline. Can't get enough of the Royals, ya know, lol.

Yes, any and all advice on where to visit in UK would be appreciated. We'd like to see the tour stuff (castles, Mouse Trap, etc.) and off the beaten path type things too.

Oh, and glad you found your bread.

Last edited by deniseincarmel; Jun 18th 2007 at 11:35 am.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 4:23 pm
What are you - 8?

LindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to behold
Question Re: Hi from Carmel Indiana

Originally Posted by paul1968mcr
Hiya!!

Well we're just off W 126th between Town and Shelborne - building a house on just off 131st.

So I think we might be even closer than you thought!!

Regards.

Paul.
Wow we are close - if you drive along 96th Street toward Michigan road - you wuill pass our house -
So how are we allowed to get in touch on here - one of you veterans - can we send each other an email so this grandma can se some English kids - lol, my kids are 37 - 41, so I guess they are not really kids anymore. LindaBB

Last edited by LindaBB; Jun 19th 2007 at 4:39 pm.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 4:34 pm
medusas peligrosas

mozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LindaBB
So how are we allowed to get in touch on here - one of you veterans - can we send each other an email so this grandma can se some English kids - lol, my kids are 37 - 41, so I guess they are not really kids anymore. LindaBB

I've just PMed you Linda