Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Hi from Carmel Indiana

Wikiposts

Hi from Carmel Indiana

Old Jun 8th 2007, 12:59 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi from Carmel Indiana

Originally Posted by LindaBB
Hi snap - you live in our backyard - we lived in Carmel too. So if you want an English cuppa sometime ...... with a couple of GPs, we are in SW Carmel. We have weathered most stuff you go through and enjoyed the rest. Welcome to Carmel. We call it home.

Linda
Did you 'organise' RR coffee mornings for ex-pats back in 2000? went to a few of those, your name is vaguely familiar.
Old Jun 11th 2007, 1:55 am
Forum Regular

deniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to all

Hi everyone. Somehow pulled up this forum while looking for movies currently playing in Carmel and thought I'd stop by and join in. Hubs and I have been planning a trip to London for 5 years and something has always come up!!!!!!

Hubs grew up on Meridian Street. We've lived in Carmel since '99. I'm from North Carolina so sometimes I feel like I'm from another country

Daisycakes, I concur regarding Carmel's library. It's the best one I've ever used. And, their video selection pretty good. They even have A&E and BBC mini-series (don't know how to make the plural of that) that can be checked out. There was a pretty good one of Anthony Trollop's that got me onto him a couple of years ago--pretty good satire of upper crusts.

Paul, if you want bread without sugar, try Wild Oats. I think they have a store in Clay Terrace now. If not, there's one in Nora which is close to Carmel.

Well, take care everyone.
Old Jun 11th 2007, 2:02 am

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deniseincarmel
Hi everyone. Somehow pulled up this forum while looking for movies currently playing in Carmel and thought I'd stop by and join in. Hubs and I have been planning a trip to London for 5 years and something has always come up!!!!!!

Hubs grew up on Meridian Street. We've lived in Carmel since '99. I'm from North Carolina so sometimes I feel like I'm from another country

Daisycakes, I concur regarding Carmel's library. It's the best one I've ever used. And, their video selection pretty good. They even have A&E and BBC mini-series (don't know how to make the plural of that) that can be checked out. There was a pretty good one of Anthony Trollop's that got me onto him a couple of years ago--pretty good satire of upper crusts.

Paul, if you want bread without sugar, try Wild Oats. I think they have a store in Clay Terrace now. If not, there's one in Nora which is close to Carmel.

Hello and welcome to BE
I do hope you plan to pop in from time to time for some gossip
Old Jun 11th 2007, 2:04 am
Greatly Missed. RIP

DollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome to BE
Old Jun 11th 2007, 2:08 am
Forum Regular

deniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to alldeniseincarmel is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Irn-bru
Hello and welcome to BE
I do hope you plan to pop in from time to time for some gossip
Love to!

Thanks for the welcome and to you, too DollyLlama!
Old Jun 11th 2007, 2:11 am

Love to!

Thanks for the welcome and to you, too DollyLlama!
ah we are here for chats (more general chit chat if you visit 'the lounge' area of BE) but in any thread probably here, and the trailer park section, someone will always be ready for a chat, listen to your moans or have a laugh with you.
Old Jun 11th 2007, 2:15 am
Forum Regular

Thanks, Irn-Bru. I may just do that sometime.

I had a cute little saying in my signature but it isn't showing up.

Last edited by deniseincarmel; Jun 11th 2007 at 2:21 am.
Old Jun 11th 2007, 2:30 am

Thanks, Irn-Bru. I may just do that sometime.

I had a cute little saying in my signature but it isn't showing up.
Do you mean a signature like underneath your posts? - hit my profile, then edit signature, it is restricted how much you can put in, I think and the size of any pic has to be tiny etc.

If you mean 'custom user title' under your username - my profile, edit profile, but it is very short the amount of space you get.
Old Jun 11th 2007, 3:06 am
Forum Regular

...did what you said...signature line still isn't showing up???
Old Jun 11th 2007, 3:07 am
Forum Regular

Thanks!
Old Jun 11th 2007, 3:11 am

Thanks!
up and running now next thing is an avatar..what do you like etc?

You are getting fixed up if you like it or not
Old Jun 11th 2007, 3:27 am
Forum Regular

Well, I feel like I'm derailing this thread? Can these "techy" comments be deleted? LOL

Where are my avatar choices?
Old Jun 11th 2007, 3:35 am

Well, I feel like I'm derailing this thread? Can these "techy" comments be deleted? LOL

Where are my avatar choices?
Derailing threads seems to be a habit here so don't worry
Also you are from Carmel and this is a newbie thread so basic questions like avatars etc might be helpful

Under my profile then edit avatar..you upload one from your computer. As I am a premium member I get one 90 x 90 pixels and animated.
It should tell you there how big you can get it but no animation I am afraid until you pay and become a premium one.
If you need help resizing it go to http://www.gifworks.com/image_editor.html

If you need help getting an avatar there are threads around that have some you can have.
Old Jun 11th 2007, 4:26 am
Forum Regular

I don't have any on my computer.

Last edited by deniseincarmel; Jun 11th 2007 at 4:48 am.
Old Jun 11th 2007, 6:17 am
Carmel Indiana

paul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penguinsix
Welcome. Enjoy the fireflies. When I was a kid we used to catch them and take them to the movie theater and let them loose inside. They'd be blinking throughout the movie, driving people crazy.

By the way, not sure if this is interesting for you, but there is a really neat small town near you called Columbus, Indiana. It's small, about 40,000 or so, but it ranked #6 in the US in terms of architecture. The main company (Cummings motors--lawmower like motors) pays the architecture fee for any new public building (and has for the last 40 years or so). IM Pei (Louvre addition) did the library, Eliel Saaromem did a chruch, Eero Saaromem (St. Louis Arch guy) did a bank, Harry Weese (Washington Subway architect) did a church and many other famous architects have designed buildings there. It's rather unique, and it is only about an hour away from Carmel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Columbus,_Indiana
what an excellent use for fireflys!!!!!

Will have a look at Columbus one weekend with the kids, thanks for the idea!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.