Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Hey guys I'm new here

Hey guys I'm new here

Old Oct 4th 2009, 9:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hey guys I'm new here

Well I'm not a Brit but, certainly a UK fan
Old Oct 4th 2009, 10:30 pm
Just Joined

uslynnukandrew is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Julie

There are a few of us around this area my wife (State side girl) and my family are in Hershey, Cali to Harrisburg HUH.....as a god Brit would say "BLOODY HELL" thats a culture change. Well at least Camp Hill is quite nice.

If there is anything we can help you with don't hesitate to drop us a line.

Welcome to PA by the way.
Old Oct 5th 2009, 12:31 am
Forum Regular

juliecalifornia has much to be proud ofjuliecalifornia has much to be proud ofjuliecalifornia has much to be proud ofjuliecalifornia has much to be proud ofjuliecalifornia has much to be proud ofjuliecalifornia has much to be proud ofjuliecalifornia has much to be proud ofjuliecalifornia has much to be proud ofjuliecalifornia has much to be proud ofjuliecalifornia has much to be proud ofjuliecalifornia has much to be proud of

Well thank you for the welcome

And you're right.....PA is a culture change to CA, in that, yes, there's some culture here LOL...oops, shouldn't be too mean about California

Seriously though, only been here since June and enjoying it here so much more. People actually have left the state here and seen there's life outside!!!

Is there any kind of meet-up planned for the folks in the area? Both my hubbie and I are Brits and although we're finding our feet in the area, we'd both love to meet other Brits and have a good old chinwag ... 7 years in the sticks wears very thin
Old Oct 5th 2009, 12:34 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by juliecalifornia
Well thank you for the welcome

And you're right.....PA is a culture change to CA, in that, yes, there's some culture here LOL...oops, shouldn't be too mean about California

Seriously though, only been here since June and enjoying it here so much more. People actually have left the state here and seen there's life outside!!!

Is there any kind of meet-up planned for the folks in the area? Both my hubbie and I are Brits and although we're finding our feet in the area, we'd both love to meet other Brits and have a good old chinwag ... 7 years in the sticks wears very thin
We have a forum especially for those who want to discuss meet-ups. I don't know whether there is a thread covering your area...if not why don't you open one?
Old Oct 5th 2009, 12:38 am
Forum Regular

juliecalifornia has much to be proud ofjuliecalifornia has much to be proud ofjuliecalifornia has much to be proud ofjuliecalifornia has much to be proud ofjuliecalifornia has much to be proud ofjuliecalifornia has much to be proud ofjuliecalifornia has much to be proud ofjuliecalifornia has much to be proud ofjuliecalifornia has much to be proud ofjuliecalifornia has much to be proud ofjuliecalifornia has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
We have a forum especially for those who want to discuss meet-ups. I don't know whether there is a thread covering your area...if not why don't you open one?
thanks for the tip, I'll check it out....
Old Oct 5th 2009, 12:39 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by juliecalifornia
thanks for the tip, I'll check it out....
Sorry I forgot to post the link:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=112
Old Oct 5th 2009, 12:43 am
Forum Regular

thanks for the link....looks like another post I replied to today is already in that thread, so maybe something will get kicked off