Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Help WANTED, is there a american equivient of Squash tried Crystal light...Yuk

Help WANTED, is there a american equivient of Squash tried Crystal light...Yuk

Old Jul 9th 2008, 10:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help WANTED, is there a american equivient of Squash tried Crystal light...Yuk

The worst thing I've seen done with Kool Aid here (except dying hair) is when they make "Happy Crack". Kids put a cup of sugar and Kool Aid powder in a baggie and mix it, then they eat it like sherbet. I stopped having Kool Aid in the house when I saw that.
Old Jul 10th 2008, 12:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help WANTED, is there a american equivient of Squash tried Crystal light...Yuk

Originally Posted by bevinva
The worst thing I've seen done with Kool Aid here (except dying hair) is when they make "Happy Crack". Kids put a cup of sugar and Kool Aid powder in a baggie and mix it, then they eat it like sherbet. I stopped having Kool Aid in the house when I saw that.
Awww, mom, that's the best!! I remember doing that as a kid..had red/pink/orange fingernails for a week afterwards.
Old Jul 10th 2008, 12:24 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
Awww, mom, that's the best!! I remember doing that as a kid..had red/pink/orange fingernails for a week afterwards.
You could buy something similar in the UK called crystals...just coloured, flavoured sugar.
Old Jul 10th 2008, 12:30 am
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
You could buy something similar in the UK called crystals...just coloured, flavoured sugar.
Is that the stuff in the UK in tins we had as kids, you put a teaspoon in a glass and add water? I remember having the bright red stuff..was it called crystals tho..I can't remember?
Old Jul 10th 2008, 12:33 am
Greatly Missed. RIP

DollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irn-bru
Is that the stuff in the UK in tins we had as kids, you put a teaspoon in a glass and add water? I remember having the bright red stuff..was it called crystals tho..I can't remember?
there was something called creamola foam or something.............
Old Jul 10th 2008, 12:40 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irn-bru
It was in large glass jars in the shop...it was weighed and put in a paper bag. I think you dipped a wet finger into it. We weren't allowed to have crystals as children or gob stoppers.
Old Jul 10th 2008, 12:45 am
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DollyLlama
there was something called creamola foam or something.............
yes thats it, I loved the stuff, full of sugar.. guess that's why.
JG I was thinking of the drink

Just discovered it was mainly sold in Scotland so all the English won't have a clue what we are talking about!
Attached Thumbnails Help WANTED, is there a american equivient of Squash tried Crystal light...Yuk-downtime_cremola2.jpg  

Last edited by Irn-bru; Jul 10th 2008 at 12:53 am.
Old Jul 10th 2008, 1:09 am
Forum Regular

madeofkent has much to be proud ofmadeofkent has much to be proud ofmadeofkent has much to be proud ofmadeofkent has much to be proud ofmadeofkent has much to be proud ofmadeofkent has much to be proud ofmadeofkent has much to be proud ofmadeofkent has much to be proud ofmadeofkent has much to be proud ofmadeofkent has much to be proud ofmadeofkent has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bevinva
The worst thing I've seen done with Kool Aid here (except dying hair)
Yeah you tell me that now my carpet is bright pink....
Old Jul 11th 2008, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

BlightyBoy is on a distinguished road

A lot of those 'fruit flavor' drinks are pretty much squash with the water already added. I think they figured long ago that they can make more money by selling you the water as well. Shouldn't be too difficult to make your own American style drinks - just get a jar of corn syrup, some citric acid, some red 40 and dilute to taste!!!
Old Jul 11th 2008, 2:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ugacrew
Have you thought about the environmental impact that manufacturing bottled tap water has? You might want to have a water softner installed since the water in the Midwest can be considered hard. Also think about getting a water purifier for your kitchen tap. They DO make a difference.

Our town water comes from a well which is situatated next to an 'FS Seed' plant.....when my husband first joined the Nat.Guard,he joined the Plumbing and Water Purification Unit,and he refuses to use the town water for anything,other then showers,baths and laundry as well,they are supposed to use 'reverse osmosis' on the town water,but,after having been to AF training in the use of the reverse osmosis,he really doesn't think the town knows exactly what they're doing.....and we're not going to be taking any chances!!.........When my son first moved out and into his own apartment in town,he bought a Brita water filter jug,and used it for the first week,he had an upset stomach all the week and when my husband tried the water from the jug,so did he.....I dare say it does make a difference most of the time,but it obviously doesn't for us......I really wish it did,but, as I said,we're not taking the chance!
Old Jul 11th 2008, 4:24 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sophia_S
Our town water comes from a well which is situatated next to an 'FS Seed' plant.....when my husband first joined the Nat.Guard,he joined the Plumbing and Water Purification Unit,and he refuses to use the town water for anything,other then showers,baths and laundry as well,they are supposed to use 'reverse osmosis' on the town water,but,after having been to AF training in the use of the reverse osmosis,he really doesn't think the town knows exactly what they're doing.....and we're not going to be taking any chances!!.........When my son first moved out and into his own apartment in town,he bought a Brita water filter jug,and used it for the first week,he had an upset stomach all the week and when my husband tried the water from the jug,so did he.....I dare say it does make a difference most of the time,but it obviously doesn't for us......I really wish it did,but, as I said,we're not taking the chance!
So it's your water supply that's the problem, not the Brita filter.
They really only change the taste, so if there is something not quite right with the supply, a basic filter won't do anything for you.
Old Jul 11th 2008, 10:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
So it's your water supply that's the problem, not the Brita filter.
They really only change the taste, so if there is something not quite right with the supply, a basic filter won't do anything for you.

Yes,sorry,that's what I meant...the water here in town really is awful,with or without a filter,and,yes,it is very hard as well.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 9:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute

Returning to the original question...........Just drank one of my DD's Vitamin Water drinks, it was "essential" which is orange flavour. I thought it reminded me of squash, although it has been a few decades since I had some! About $1 for a 20oz bottle.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 9:38 pm
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

Have y'all tried Tang?
Old Jul 16th 2008, 9:50 pm
Just Joined

CatrinE is just really niceCatrinE is just really niceCatrinE is just really niceCatrinE is just really niceCatrinE is just really niceCatrinE is just really niceCatrinE is just really niceCatrinE is just really nice

Originally Posted by madeofkent
I can get hold of Robinson's but it pretty expensive problem is that even though I am diluting the fruit juices both my boys are suffering in the bottom department (to put it mildly) and I am fast running out of my stashed metanium (can you get this in the US?) I have also tried the water with juice not working and the only other option Water is going down badly...so I am stuck with milk which isn't that bad except they want chocolate milk which I don't think will be great for their teeth...HELP
No... Try cost plus world market...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.