Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Help WANTED, is there a american equivient of Squash tried Crystal light...Yuk

Help WANTED, is there a american equivient of Squash tried Crystal light...Yuk

Old Jul 4th 2008, 4:10 am
Forum Regular

madeofkent has much to be proud ofmadeofkent has much to be proud ofmadeofkent has much to be proud ofmadeofkent has much to be proud ofmadeofkent has much to be proud ofmadeofkent has much to be proud ofmadeofkent has much to be proud ofmadeofkent has much to be proud ofmadeofkent has much to be proud ofmadeofkent has much to be proud ofmadeofkent has much to be proud of
Default Help WANTED, is there a american equivient of Squash tried Crystal light...Yuk

I can get hold of Robinson's but it pretty expensive problem is that even though I am diluting the fruit juices both my boys are suffering in the bottom department (to put it mildly) and I am fast running out of my stashed metanium (can you get this in the US?) I have also tried the water with juice not working and the only other option Water is going down badly...so I am stuck with milk which isn't that bad except they want chocolate milk which I don't think will be great for their teeth...HELP
Old Jul 4th 2008, 5:13 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help WANTED, is there a american equivient of Squash tried Crystal light...Yuk

Originally Posted by madeofkent
I can get hold of Robinson's but it pretty expensive problem is that even though I am diluting the fruit juices both my boys are suffering in the bottom department (to put it mildly) and I am fast running out of my stashed metanium (can you get this in the US?) I have also tried the water with juice not working and the only other option Water is going down badly...so I am stuck with milk which isn't that bad except they want chocolate milk which I don't think will be great for their teeth...HELP
Kool Aid might work have you tried that!!

I don't drink soda myself and love some of the kool aids I think its the closiest you will get in regards for value for money

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kool-Aid
Old Jul 4th 2008, 1:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help WANTED, is there a american equivient of Squash tried Crystal light...Yuk

Been here nearly 9 years .... ain't found it yet
Old Jul 4th 2008, 1:13 pm
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

I miss squash so much. Our local supermarket sells some but it's OUTRAGEOUSLY expensive and is often out of date.

Yeah i tried the crystal light too, but...blergh

I miss my Tesco Super Savers squash. I think it was about 80p
Old Jul 4th 2008, 1:42 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

metatanium is on my list of stuff that i stuck up with on returns to the uk - never found anything as good here. If your desparate - you can mix vaseline like moisturiser (think its called euclid ) with liquid antiacid medicine (matalox). The pedeatrician told me about that and it does work - just not as good as metataanium.
Old Jul 4th 2008, 3:13 pm
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Another alternative to metatanium would be Boudreaux's Butt Paste.
Works well for wur bairns. Magic stuff

Old Jul 4th 2008, 4:32 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

...so I am stuck with milk which isn't that bad except they want chocolate milk which I don't think will be great for their teeth...HELP
Hold on... you'd rather feed them chemicals mixed with water than milk with some sugar and chocolate flavor?

I tend to keep out of other people's parenting questions, but I would just point out that you're a damned sight better off having them drink chocolate milk than a cocktail of artificial colors and artificial sweeteners!
Old Jul 4th 2008, 7:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond repute

I always missed the Robinson's Barley Drink as well,until,low and behold!,Meijers came to the big town close to me,and they have Orange and Lemon Barley,and they did have the Apple and blackcurrant which is my fav!....course the fav didn't last in the store but I now buy 4 litre bottles at a time from amazon.com for $18.01,they last me several months because I don't drink a whole lot of it,but I only drink orange soda,and then only one or two a week...don't like coke or pepsi or sprite,and NEVER drink tap water in Illinois,EVER,the only water I can drink over here without dashing to the loo every 5 minutes is Walmart drinking water.....strange because when we lived in N. California I never had a problem with the tap water!!!!!!!!
As the others have said,you could try Kool-Aid,kids seem to go crazy over it and you can decide how sweet you want to make it....my boys loved it when they were kids,but I never put as much sugar into it as the instructions said,Good Luck
Old Jul 5th 2008, 12:23 am
Forum Regular

madeofkent has much to be proud ofmadeofkent has much to be proud ofmadeofkent has much to be proud ofmadeofkent has much to be proud ofmadeofkent has much to be proud ofmadeofkent has much to be proud ofmadeofkent has much to be proud ofmadeofkent has much to be proud ofmadeofkent has much to be proud ofmadeofkent has much to be proud ofmadeofkent has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by dbj1000
Hold on... you'd rather feed them chemicals mixed with water than milk with some sugar and chocolate flavor?

I tend to keep out of other people's parenting questions, but I would just point out that you're a damned sight better off having them drink chocolate milk than a cocktail of artificial colors and artificial sweeteners!
you have a point, but the constant drinking of the chocolate milk could potentially lead to teeth problems, weight issues and conversely the fact that they then feel full when they drink it which means they don't want to eat at meal times, it so hot and humid here that one of them this afternoon drank 4 300ml cartons of juice in about 20 mins, also milk doesn't travel well in the car..., I also only drink squash very dilutely, more than they recommend...I did find find some juice called honest today not a cheap option boasting 50% less sugar than other brands, so that must be good I tasted it and I could drink it which is pretty good as I hate sweet stuff, I don't even care for Chocolate which makes me a traitor to my gender
Old Jul 5th 2008, 12:26 am
Forum Regular

Oh and thanks for the help, I'm off to find the butt rub or whatever it was called as I will enjoy asking for it I am so immature
Old Jul 5th 2008, 1:09 pm
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

Oh and thanks for the help, I'm off to find the butt rub or whatever it was called as I will enjoy asking for it I am so immature

I love your avatar picture...so sweet
Old Jul 5th 2008, 1:53 pm
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sophia_S
Meijers
Ugh. Pet peeve time - it is "Meijer" - come on!

NEVER drink tap water in Illinois,EVER,the only water I can drink over here without dashing to the loo every 5 minutes is Walmart drinking water
Buy yourself a Brita or Pur water filter pitcher or dispenser to keep in yer fridge and you'll be fine. Save yourself ton$$$$ of money.
Old Jul 5th 2008, 1:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

We buy JuicyJuice and water it down. My daughter never drank squash in the UK, but always watered down juice - so the transition wasn't a problem. I wouldn't recommend Kool Aid on a regular basis. I'd do the watered down juice or just plain water. Don't know how old your boys are, but my thought is if they're thirsty enough they'll drink water, which is probably better in the long run.
Old Jul 5th 2008, 4:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
Ugh. Pet peeve time - it is "Meijer" - come on!
Sorry Sir!...I always get it wrong!....at least I spelt it right this time!

Buy yourself a Brita or Pur water filter pitcher or dispenser to keep in yer fridge and you'll be fine. Save yourself ton$$$$ of money.
We have thought about the water filter jugs,but we still don't trust them,walmart water is only about 50 cents a gallon!,we can manage that!
Old Jul 5th 2008, 4:43 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

What about diluted Sunny D?

If you can find it, dilute citrus Five Alive would be good as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Alive

Last resort: make it from frozen fruit juice concentrates.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.