Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Help wanted :)

Help wanted :)

Old Feb 16th 2009, 12:11 pm
Just Joined

dtr74x is a jewel in the roughdtr74x is a jewel in the roughdtr74x is a jewel in the roughdtr74x is a jewel in the roughdtr74x is a jewel in the rough
Cool Help wanted :)

Hi I looking to move to usa, i am a class 1 hgv driver with psv license, if anyone can help please reply

thanks Dave
Old Feb 16th 2009, 12:28 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help wanted :)

Originally Posted by dtr74 View Post
Hi I looking to move to usa, i am a class 1 hgv driver with psv license, if anyone can help please reply

thanks Dave
No.
Old Feb 16th 2009, 12:40 pm
Just Joined

dtr74x is a jewel in the roughdtr74x is a jewel in the roughdtr74x is a jewel in the roughdtr74x is a jewel in the roughdtr74x is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by dbj1000 View Post
No.
thanx, nice attitude
Old Feb 16th 2009, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

SamuearlJackson is just really niceSamuearlJackson is just really niceSamuearlJackson is just really niceSamuearlJackson is just really niceSamuearlJackson is just really niceSamuearlJackson is just really niceSamuearlJackson is just really niceSamuearlJackson is just really niceSamuearlJackson is just really nice

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulaski's_Ways:_How_to_Live_and_Work_in_the_USA

The only reason attitude is being shown is because you haven't read the stickies and lots of people make posts about how to move to the USA without having a look at them.
Old Feb 16th 2009, 1:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

try looking in the wiki at the top of the page which gives info. on how to qualify for the different visas issued, but on the information you have given us you don't qualify for one...sorry, just being realistic.
Old Feb 16th 2009, 1:08 pm
Guttural Brumerican

Titchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond repute

Wirelessly posted (SAMSUNG-SGH-I617/1.0 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.6))

Move to Cuba, get Cuban passport. Grow moustache. Steal a pedalo and paddle across to the Florida Keys. Avoid US Coastguard at all costs
Old Feb 16th 2009, 1:18 pm
Banned

englishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond repute

thanks Dave
Hi,
You might find it pretty tough to get a visa to allow you to live here permanently and work, unless of course you're already a US citizen or have a parent or wife that is?
Old Feb 16th 2009, 1:19 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Short of marrying an American, your chances are slim to none of coming here. People may seem a bit harsh in their replies, but it's a combination of folks not reading the stickies, the same question being asked every day, and also as a bit of a reality check as there are some scam artists out there parading as 'immigration consultants' who will spread lies about "how easy it is to get into America--they have jobs begging for workers--you just have to give me £500 to process the paperwork" and then they disappear.

The wiki links above will tell you about the available visas. If you can't find one that fits your profession, you're really going to have to look at the marriage or education route as your entree to the US (or you could go to Canada for a few years, get citizenship and then look to come work in the US under some NAFTA rules)
Old Feb 16th 2009, 1:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

thanks Dave
There are a few truckers around here, but I think they all got in by marrying Americans. There aren't many other options.
Old Feb 16th 2009, 2:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penguinsix View Post
(or you could go to Canada for a few years, get citizenship and then look to come work in the US under some NAFTA rules)
But truckers aren't on the NAFTA job list?

So although the OP could potentially go to Canada (much easier for truckers to get in there), getting Canadian PR and/or citizenship is not going to make it any easier to move the US I don't think. Or is there another NAFTA related route I've missed?
Old Feb 16th 2009, 2:57 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa View Post
But truckers aren't on the NAFTA job list?

So although the OP could potentially go to Canada (much easier for truckers to get in there), getting Canadian PR and/or citizenship is not going to make it any easier to move the US I don't think. Or is there another NAFTA related route I've missed?
Canadian trucks have operating authority in the USA.

but Canadian drivers, live er....... in Canada.