Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Help: Stella Artios

Wikiposts

Help: Stella Artios

Old Aug 28th 2005, 5:52 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help: Stella Artios

Originally Posted by Roadster280
I dont mind gays at all, no problem for me. But it did cause some "integration issues" in the army. I was leaving anyway, after a nasty injury.
You sound a bit like my ex-fiance Matt, who was in the RAF. He despises gays, especially in the military, after he had a little involuntary "integration issue" which is very difficult to explain. Anyhoo he finally came out of the apathy closet himself and became a political animal for the first time this year -- before the general elections. He identified with the English Democratic Party. Where before I'd been disappointed in him for being apathetic, now I was horrified but not surprised at his selection.

In case anyone wonders what I have against the EDP which is aligned with the UKIP -- it's isolationism and xenophobia. Two traits which have not served the US well and will not serve the UK well either.

I guess if I had to choose the lesser of two ideological evils, I would choose Tory over UKIP, because while in theory you could escape being screwed if you miraculously amassed some cash; you cannot escape being despised if you aren't "British enough." Having someone like or dislike me according to my bank balance would be more palatable than being judged by my race, ethnicity, and citizenship.

Last edited by snowbunny; Aug 28th 2005 at 5:55 pm.
Old Aug 28th 2005, 11:13 pm
Just Joined

SunnyDave is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Help: Stella Artios

A lot of the Albertsons stores & a few publix have Stella in bottles in Orlando. Try the Cricketers Arms on I-Drive & catch a Premiership game Saturday or Sunday morning for a game, a pint & a sausage sandwich with Heinz tomato & Daddies brown sauce. Also Orlando Ale House.

Dave