Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Help with schools in the bay area. What options do we have if local schools are full?

Help with schools in the bay area. What options do we have if local schools are full?

Old Aug 25th 2014, 11:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help with schools in the bay area. What options do we have if local schools are f

Never underestimate the power of BE.

Congratulations.
Old Aug 25th 2014, 11:08 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help with schools in the bay area. What options do we have if local schools are f

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
Like all the other US kids -- via playdates organized by their parents. (I went to a school an hour and two buses away from my home in the UK -- public buses as opposed to the school buses provided here -- and it never stopped me making friends.)
You should see what some of the kids that live Point Roberts, Washington have to do to go to school.

Load up on a bus, cross into Canada, drive 40 minutes to the mainland border, cross back into the US, drive another bit to the nearest school, and then repeat in the PM to get home.

(Pt. Roberts is a tiny piece of land attached to Canada but part of the US, so you gotta cross into Canada, then drive to the border, and cross back into the US, gotta do this for most things since the town has limited services mostly geared towards Canadian's like gas, and parcel pick up services.)
Old Aug 25th 2014, 11:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like a Monty Python sketch
Old Aug 25th 2014, 11:11 pm
Forum Regular

Britsimon is a splendid one to beholdBritsimon is a splendid one to beholdBritsimon is a splendid one to beholdBritsimon is a splendid one to beholdBritsimon is a splendid one to beholdBritsimon is a splendid one to beholdBritsimon is a splendid one to beholdBritsimon is a splendid one to beholdBritsimon is a splendid one to beholdBritsimon is a splendid one to beholdBritsimon is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Funstuie
So I think the local school reads this forum.

After a few calls today, they called my wife a few minutes and he has a place in the local school. This after we were told no chance, huge waiting list etc.

So panic over but I have no idea how it worked out.
That pretty much reinforces what I was saying earlier, and trying to get you to understand that stoopid is the new normal. Some of these people literally could not organize the proverbial piss up. One minute it is impossible and a few hours later they have a space!!??

Anyway, glad it worked out for you!

Now, perhaps I could suggest yoga without you biting my head off?
Old Aug 25th 2014, 11:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Britsimon
That pretty much reinforces what I was saying earlier, and trying to get you to understand that stoopid is the new normal. Some of these people literally could not organize the proverbial piss up.
Aaaaand now they've stopped reading here...
Old Aug 26th 2014, 12:39 am
Zez
Forum Regular

Zez is just really niceZez is just really niceZez is just really niceZez is just really niceZez is just really niceZez is just really niceZez is just really niceZez is just really nice

Oh that's amazing! So did you get the catchment school that your wife was talking about then?
Old Aug 26th 2014, 4:12 am
Forum Regular

Funstuie has a reputation beyond reputeFunstuie has a reputation beyond reputeFunstuie has a reputation beyond reputeFunstuie has a reputation beyond reputeFunstuie has a reputation beyond reputeFunstuie has a reputation beyond reputeFunstuie has a reputation beyond reputeFunstuie has a reputation beyond reputeFunstuie has a reputation beyond reputeFunstuie has a reputation beyond reputeFunstuie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zez
Oh that's amazing! So did you get the catchment school that your wife was talking about then?
Yep.