British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   HELP! Refused entry to US as visitor (canadian citizen) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/help-refused-entry-us-visitor-canadian-citizen-110084/)

Stuart Brook Aug 8th 2002 4:48 am

Re: HELP! Refused entry to US as visitor (canadian citizen)

Rete wrote:
    > Sorry it failed again Tweety. I don't have any other advice to give you on how to
    > make a successful crossing.

Clearly your case is entered in the INS computer ... with enough detail to make your
refusals most likely. If you drove, how did you get fingered for more details ?

About all you can do is contact a friend in the US and have them ship your stuff up.

This is going to come to bite you for some time.

Ingo Pakleppa Aug 11th 2002 1:12 pm

Canadians don't need a visa, and generally can't get it, either. And a visa is not a
guarantee of admission!

On Wed, 07 Aug 2002 21:17:46 -0700, Just Me wrote:

> Get a visa. They will have to let you in then. If not, talk to a lawer and sue
    > the ****er.
    > "tweetybird" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> okay...i did not tell the officer anything about my relationship with my ex. He
    >> read it all in my journal. When he did ask me who the person was I told him the
    >> truth and said it was my ex boyfriend. It didn't really matter though, he already
    >> read everything.
    >> I tried to get back in today. I took past tax reciepts(3years), letter from my
    >> dad(my employer). Letter saying I have applied to college and a bank statement
    >> dating back to 99. I only took 1 suitcase too. All, i have to say is...why when
    >> you try to do things the right way it always blows up in your face. I live with
    >> my parents and work for my dad apparently that is not a real residence and not a
    >> real job. I was refused again. I don't know what to do. I need to go and get my
    >> things...I can't take a plane, if i can't get refused at the airport that's worse.
    >> I'm coming back to canada, why don't they just believe
    >> me. It's just not fair. Can someone put a bond to prove I will be back? Once
    >> school starts I won't have time to go there and get my stuff. This makes me
    >> think lying is better than honesty. I don't know what to do.
    >> --
    >> Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Ingo Pakleppa Aug 11th 2002 1:13 pm

On Wed, 07 Aug 2002 20:32:01 -0700, tweetybird wrote:

> okay...i did not tell the officer anything about my relationship with my ex. He
    > read it all in my journal. When he did ask me who the person was I told him the
    > truth and said it was my ex boyfriend. It didn't really matter though, he already
    > read everything.
    > I tried to get back in today. I took past tax reciepts(3years), letter from my
    > dad(my employer). Letter saying I have applied to college and a bank statement
    > dating back to 99. I only took 1 suitcase too. All, i have to say is...why when
    > you try to do things the right way it always blows up in your face. I live with my
    > parents and work for my dad apparently that is not a real residence and not a real
    > job. I was refused again. I don't know what to do. I need to go and get my
    > things...I can't take a plane, if i can't get refused at the airport that's worse.
    > I'm coming back to canada, why don't they just believe
    > me. It's just not fair. Can someone put a bond to prove I will be back? Once
    > school starts I won't have time to go there and get my stuff. This makes me
    > think lying is better than honesty. I don't know what to do.

There indeed is something like admission on bond. I don't know the details of it,
though. You may want to talk to a lawyer about it.

Ingo

toby Oct 6th 2002 2:51 pm

hello, I just went through almost the samething as with My fiancé, The car was over packed, she was coming down for three weeks. And minimal ties to Cananda So she was refused entry. I have applied for a finacé visa, does anyone know if this refusal will cause any delay, or problems with getting the visa?

-Thank You,
Visa:

Stuart Brook Oct 6th 2002 4:40 pm

toby wrote:
    > hello, I just went through almost the samething as with My fiancé, The
    > car was over packed, she was coming down for three weeks. And minimal
    > ties to Cananda So she was refused entry. I have applied for a finacé
    > visa, does anyone know if this refusal will cause any delay, or problems
    > with getting the visa?
    > -Thank You,
    > Visa:

Unlikely to affect getting the visa, but could raise some questions on
entry. Did she admit when she was refused that she was coming to see
her fiance ? If she did, then it will be seen she's doing it the right
way. If she didn't, then she may have to explain the first refusal and