Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Help needed! Driving on H4 visa.

Help needed! Driving on H4 visa.

Old May 6th 2005, 10:51 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help needed! Driving on H4 visa.

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
So, you did better than this guy:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4447925.stm

"After five years and 271 attempts to pass the theoretical part of his driving test, it was 272nd time lucky for South Korean Seo Sang-moon."

That's rough...but when the missus went to take her theory test, there was this kid that failed, he's taken the test 5 times already that day, and it was his 15th test over all...his father got well pissed and said that was enough, and it was end of lunch break *lol*
Old May 7th 2005, 12:10 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wintersong
..... 36 out of 36
Practical test next Friday. I have a temporary license and everything. Totally hassle free!

CONGRATULATIONS!
AND CELEBRATIONS!!!

Told you it was dead easy!

Now just make sure that you can reverse in a straight line when you take your test... :scared:
Old May 7th 2005, 12:35 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bob
That's rough...but when the missus went to take her theory test, there was this kid that failed, he's taken the test 5 times already that day, and it was his 15th test over all...his father got well pissed and said that was enough, and it was end of lunch break *lol*
I felt the odd one out, everybody else had there Mum with them.
Old May 7th 2005, 1:31 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
I felt the odd one out, everybody else had there Mum with them.
I felt weird because I went in on my own as well...UK license let me take the test without having someone accompany me...wonder what they would have done if I'd fail as I'd still got a bit of time on my UK license at that point...
Though on the theory, I did feel a muppet for getting a couple wrong, but then the book I was looking through was BIL's, and it was a couple years old, and out of date, all the curfew hours and drink drive laws/penalties had changed, so I got those questions wrong...most of those were irrelavent though as I'm over 23, none of the curfew/drink age limits applied.