Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Help gettint to the usa

Help gettint to the usa

Old Oct 11th 2005, 1:23 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help gettint to the usa

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Lazy bugger! Here you go, done 90% of it for you!

FAQs

Immigration
There are three immigration forums on this site, one of them specializing in marriage: misc.immigration.usa, alt.visa.us.marriage-based or alt.visa.us.
If you want to come to live and work in the US but are not sure how, read Pulaski's Ways: How to Live and Work in the USA before asking questions on the forum.

Credit and Financial Stuff
Credit Problems
Useful information about US tax
-- add NCP and Boiler stuff in here from current sticky post and then get rid of it. Call this one FAQs --

Lifestyle
Apartment living in South East USA
Lovely stuff, nice one
Old Oct 11th 2005, 1:34 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Notice no "icky" corn syrup?
Old Oct 11th 2005, 1:35 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
Those sticky posts you refer to are in the appropriate location- the US immigration related forums...
But, but i've put a thread up with all the links so there shouldn't be any more excuses, included all yoru stuff so it's all nice and tidy...and credited everyone
Old Oct 11th 2005, 1:50 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bob
But, but i've put a thread up with all the links so there shouldn't be any more excuses, included all yoru stuff so it's all nice and tidy...and credited everyone
Do you think anyone will read it before posting:

"Hi I went to Disney for my holiday and now I just have to emigrate to Florida. Whats the best way of doing this? What are the schools like? Can I get free health care? Can I have a pool boy named Sanchez? I hear there is no crime in Florida and everyone earns $1mil per year is this true?"
Old Oct 11th 2005, 3:14 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Do you think anyone will read it before posting:

"Hi I went to Disney for my holiday and now I just have to emigrate to Florida. Whats the best way of doing this? What are the schools like? Can I get free health care? Can I have a pool boy named Sanchez? I hear there is no crime in Florida and everyone earns $1mil per year is this true?"
probably not, didn't in the ME section...but they should have even less excuse for not bothering to search now...
Old Oct 11th 2005, 3:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
Dear:

[x] Clueless Newbie [ ]Lamer [ ] Flamer
[ ] Loser [ ] Spammer [ ] Troller
[ ] "Me too" er [ ] Pervert [ ] Geek
[ ] Freak [ ] Nerd [ ] Elvis
[ ] Racist [ ] Fed [ ] Homeopath
[ ] Fundamentalist [ ] Satanist [ ] Xenophobe
[ ] Unbearably self-righteous person

I took exception to your recent:

[ ] Email [x] Post to Britishexpats.com (USA Forum)

It was (check all that apply):

[ ] Lame [ ] Stupid [ ] Abusive
[x] Clueless [x] Idiotic [ ] Brain-damaged
[ ] Imbecilic [ ] Arrogant [ ] Malevolent
[ ] Contemptible [ ] Libelous [x] Ignorant
[ ] Boring [ ] Dim [ ] Cowardly
[ ] Deceitful [ ] Demented [ ] Self-righteous
[ ] Crazy [ ] Weird [ ] Hypocritical
[ ] Loathsome [ ] Satanic [ ] Despicable
[ ] Belligerent [ ] Mind-numbing [ ] Maladroit
[ ] Much longer than any worthwhile thought of which you may be
capable.

Your attention is drawn to the fact that:

[ ] You posted what should have been emailed
[ ] You obviously don't know how to read your newsgroups line
[ ] You are trying to make money on a non-commercial newsgroup
[ ] You self-righteously impose your religious beliefs on others
[ ] You self-righteously impose your racial beliefs on others
[ ] You posted a binary in a non-binaries group
[ ] You don't know which group to post in
[x] You posted something totally uninteresting
[ ] I don't like your tone of voice

[x] You seem to think you can waltz into Florida

[x] You think Florida would make a great place to live, without ever having lived there
[ ] You quoted an *entire* post in your reply
[ ] You started a long, stupid thread
[ ] You continued spreading a long stupid thread
[ ] Your post is absurdly off topic for where you posted it
[ ] You posted a followup to crossposted robot-generated spam
[ ] You posted a "test" in a discussion group rather than in alt.test
[ ] You posted a "YOU ALL SUCK" message
[ ] You posted low-IQ flamebait
[x] You need to do a search for the 50,000 other similar messages like this
[ ] You followed up to a blatantly obvious troll
[ ] You said "me too" to something
[ ] You make no sense
[ ] Your sig/alias is dreadful
[ ] You posted a phone-sex ad
[ ] You posted a stupid pyramid money making scheme
[ ] You claimed a pyramid-scheme/chain letter for money was legal
[ ] Your margin settings (or lack of) make your post unreadable.
Each line just goes on and on, not stopping at 75 characters, making
it hard to read.
[ ] You posted a message written in ALL CAPS
[ ] Your post was FULL of RANDOM CAPS for NO APPARENT REASON
[ ] You have greatly misunderstood the purpose of this newsgroup.
[ ] You have greatly misunderstood the purpose of the Internet.
[ ] You are a loser.
[ ] This has been pointed out to you before.
[ ] You didn't do anything specific, but appear to be so generally
worthless that you are being flamed on general principles.

It is recommended that you:

[x] Get a clue
[ ] Get a life
[x] Go away and do some research on how to get a visa
[ ] Grow up
[x] Never post again, until you understand that there is more to the USA than just Florida
[ ] Read every newsgroup you posted to for a week
[ ] stop reading Usenet news and get a life
[ ] stop sending Email and get a life
[ ] Bust up your modem with a hammer and eat it
[ ] Have your medication adjusted
[ ] Jump into a bathtub while holding your monitor
[ ] find a volcano and throw yourself in
[ ] get a gun and shoot yourself
[ ] Actually post something relevant
[ ] Read the FAQ
[x] Apologize to everybody in this newsgroup for even remotely thinking you can live here.
[ ] consume excrement
[x] Visit
Florida
for without taking the kids to see Mickey Mouse.
[ ] Post your tests to alt.test/misc.test
[ ] Put your home phone number in your ads from now on
[x] Refrain from posting until you have a vague idea what you're
doing

In Closing, I'd Like to Say:

[ ] You need to seek psychiatric help
[ ] Take your gibberish somewhere else
[ ] *plonk*
[ ] Learn how to post or get off the usernet
[ ] Most of the above
[ ] All of the above
[x] Some of the above, not including all of the above
[ ] You are so clueless that I didn't even bother filling in this
form.

Matt that is just too funny

Ash
Old Oct 11th 2005, 4:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celsius
Does the OP wish he'd never started this thread now?
Hmmm registered May 2005... stick around a bit longer and when you have heard for the 50th time 'I am street sweeper and the wife is a receptionist and we have been on holiday to disney 2 times... we would really like to live in the US, can you tell me how we do it' you will see why we like to have a little fun with these posts.

Not that I am against answering anyones question but when you are seriously planning a life changing decision I expect the person to have done quite a bit of research.

Ash
Old Oct 11th 2005, 4:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Have you ever read the ingredients on Birds Eye Custard powder. There are no eggs in it. Not a one.
I once read a trivia thing on a packet of custard that said Bird created it for his wife who was allergic to eggs.

Ash
Old Oct 11th 2005, 4:54 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
Hmmm registered May 2005... stick around a bit longer and when you have heard for the 50th time
Never assume on here... what you see it not always fact...
Old Oct 11th 2005, 4:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Ray
Never assume on here... what you see it not always fact...
True but it gets my point across

Ash
Old Oct 11th 2005, 9:22 pm
Banned

IN THE YEAR 2525 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Manc
Alright, I hate to say this, but I don't come on here to give out advice. I come here to have a laugh and piss about and pine for Double Deckers and Yorkie bars.

This is British Expats. Not Britsh want to be Expats.
If someone wants advice, write to Anne Landers.
All are welcome granted, but a thicker skin maybe in order.
what else do you do other than laugh and piss about?and spend lots of time playing on your computer of course.
Old Oct 11th 2005, 9:27 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IN THE YEAR 2525
what else do you do other than laugh and piss about?and spend lots of time playing on your computer of course.
Old Oct 11th 2005, 9:41 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

What else does he do?

He works, brings up his family, looks after his wife and is a good mate to alot of people on here.

If he chooses to piss about on his computer then its up to him.
Old Oct 11th 2005, 9:48 pm
Account Closed

Sometimes I save small south american countries from civil war, rescue lost explorers, help out with homeless kids, discover new miracle cures, make giant leaps for mankind. And THEN I piss about on my computer. How about you?
Old Oct 11th 2005, 9:51 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Sometimes I save small south american countries from civil war, rescue lost explorers, help out with homeless kids, discover new miracle cures, make giant leaps for mankind. And THEN I piss about on my computer. How about you?
Go Pyjamas!

Heaven forbid that we use our computer for recreational purposes.

In my last job, there was scope to have the BE window open for long periods AND put posts on. I can fit loads on as I can type 70wpm.

Perhaps the computer is purely for looking at.

Anyway, sometimes I save small animals from harm, write stories, go to college, do homestuff and (gulp) play on my PC.

Will I go to hell?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.