Reload this Page >

Hello from Wales, looking to Hollywood

Hello from Wales, looking to Hollywood

Old Apr 24th 2017, 2:47 pm
Just Joined

Daniel_Lyddon is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Hello from Wales, looking to Hollywood

Hi everyone,

I own a film production company based in South Wales looking to expand to a branch office in Hollywood in the future. Our first project we're planning for California is a showcase of British short films to be held at Paramount Studios, Hollywood.

This forum was recommended to me by someone in LA to connect with people out on the West Coast who may be able to give advice or point me in the direction of others who can help.

I'm looking forward to connecting with British expats in LA, and also connecting with people who have an interest in British arts and culture.

Thanks,

Daniel
Old Apr 24th 2017, 2:54 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello from Wales, looking to Hollywood

Hi, welcome to BE.

Not sure if you're planning on moving yourself, or if you're just planning on opening up a branch in the US, but either way somebody will be able to help! Any visa related queries about you (or your staff) moving there should be put in the US immi section of the forum, any US lifestyle type queries here in the main US forum.

HTH and best of luck.
Old Apr 26th 2017, 2:24 pm
Plunged in

TimandRae is a name known to allTimandRae is a name known to allTimandRae is a name known to allTimandRae is a name known to allTimandRae is a name known to allTimandRae is a name known to allTimandRae is a name known to allTimandRae is a name known to allTimandRae is a name known to allTimandRae is a name known to allTimandRae is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Daniel_Lyddon
Hi everyone,

I own a film production company based in South Wales looking to expand to a branch office in Hollywood in the future. Our first project we're planning for California is a showcase of British short films to be held at Paramount Studios, Hollywood.

This forum was recommended to me by someone in LA to connect with people out on the West Coast who may be able to give advice or point me in the direction of others who can help.

I'm looking forward to connecting with British expats in LA, and also connecting with people who have an interest in British arts and culture.

Thanks,

Daniel
Have you tried approaching the Welsh Government's office in San Francisco?

USA | wales.com

If nothing else they may be able to give you an indication of what you need to do to get the ball rolling... I know they've very keen to support the Welsh creative industry whether at home or abroad.
Old Apr 28th 2017, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

catlover3 has a reputation beyond reputecatlover3 has a reputation beyond reputecatlover3 has a reputation beyond reputecatlover3 has a reputation beyond reputecatlover3 has a reputation beyond reputecatlover3 has a reputation beyond reputecatlover3 has a reputation beyond reputecatlover3 has a reputation beyond reputecatlover3 has a reputation beyond reputecatlover3 has a reputation beyond reputecatlover3 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Daniel
Sounds great. Also try Brits in LA on Facebook. My husband is an Art Director/Production Designer, hence our move to Hollywood, feel free to connect in the PMs.