Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

hello from Oregon.

hello from Oregon.

Old Dec 9th 2006, 7:05 pm
Greatly Missed. RIP

DollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: hello from Oregon.

Hello and Welcome!
Old Dec 9th 2006, 8:59 pm
Loving the Pacific NW

Location: From Kildare, Ireland to Vancouver, BC to Portland, Oregon
Boylerz has much to be proud ofBoylerz has much to be proud ofBoylerz has much to be proud ofBoylerz has much to be proud ofBoylerz has much to be proud ofBoylerz has much to be proud ofBoylerz has much to be proud ofBoylerz has much to be proud ofBoylerz has much to be proud ofBoylerz has much to be proud ofBoylerz has much to be proud of

I am a Wednesday fan also. Up the owls!!!
Old Dec 9th 2006, 9:03 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boylerz
I am a Wednesday fan also. Up the owls!!!

Yeah!! I went to school in Hillsborough.
Old Dec 9th 2006, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

farmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bethel
Yes, I hesitated to ask that question. I just say 'oh...fate.' rather than the whole story of marriage and divorce and indecision and not knowing what the heck I'm doing but here I am anyway. It was a funny day when I went back to Britain for a visit and a shop assistant asked me where I was from because I had a lovely accent.
I know! The unkindest cut of all..... (apart from loved ones ill or expiring...)
Going shopping in the native stomping ground and having your own country's people think you are a foreigner
You can't win having a hybrid accent; each country you are in the people hear the other country.
Old Dec 10th 2006, 4:15 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome to BE There are a lot more from Oregon than I thought here, have you all been hiding in the woodwork ?
Old Dec 10th 2006, 8:19 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

welcome to BE
Old Dec 10th 2006, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

bethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to all

Originally Posted by farmerwife
Hi Bethel and welcome!
Now you have taken the plunge I will introduce myself too! I am also from Oregon, south of Portland, south of Canby. I' m a Rural Domestic Engineer, have been in Oregon since 1980, GC 1986, naturali'zed in Portland Sept. '06.
UK home Bristol, Reading Uni.
I'm thinking of becoming a citizen, mostly in case I decide to leave for a while. How long did it take you to get it??
Old Dec 11th 2006, 3:09 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome to BE

Old Dec 15th 2006, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

lauriejane has a reputation beyond reputelauriejane has a reputation beyond reputelauriejane has a reputation beyond reputelauriejane has a reputation beyond reputelauriejane has a reputation beyond reputelauriejane has a reputation beyond reputelauriejane has a reputation beyond reputelauriejane has a reputation beyond reputelauriejane has a reputation beyond reputelauriejane has a reputation beyond reputelauriejane has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,
I've been lurking for a while, so I thought I should be polite and introduce myself. I live in Portland, Oregon. Been over here for 11 and a half years now .
I'm welsh , but I went to college in Sheffield and lived in Somerset for a while too before I made the big leap. I haven't come across anyone living in Oregon on BE, the closest I've seen are in Washington......
I'm a septic, I admit, but thought I'd greet you and let you know that I have lived in the Pacific Northwest and spent over 20 years in Portland, Oregon. It is a wonderful town, very beautiful, rainy and misty, lots of culture, opera, film study center, colleges (I'm a PSU graduate, class of '76) and friendly people. You should have a good time there, though I admit I don't know where the UK people hang out. Maybe Jakes Crawfish? Just a guess because it is like a pub there. Forest Park is the biggest city park in the world, fun to walk in. My own favorite place was Sauvie's Island where I used to go fishing and, in summer, blackberry picking, swimming in the Columbia River.
Old Dec 16th 2006, 12:15 am
BE Enthusiast

farmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lauriejane
I'm a septic, I admit, but thought I'd greet you and let you know that I have lived in the Pacific Northwest and spent over 20 years in Portland, Oregon. It is a wonderful town, very beautiful, rainy and misty, lots of culture, opera, film study center, colleges (I'm a PSU graduate, class of '76) and friendly people. You should have a good time there, though I admit I don't know where the UK people hang out. Maybe Jakes Crawfish? Just a guess because it is like a pub there. Forest Park is the biggest city park in the world, fun to walk in. My own favorite place was Sauvie's Island where I used to go fishing and, in summer, blackberry picking, swimming in the Columbia River.
Hi Laurie Jane - Are you still in Oregon? Or US? It is wonderful in Oregon!
Old Dec 16th 2006, 2:26 am
Forum Regular

bethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to all

Originally Posted by lauriejane
yep, oregon's the best, and I think that Portland is definitely the best city I've ever lived in. I like Sauvie's too because it reminds me of parts of Britain - the fields and copses of trees are kind of britishy.
But, , what does 'septic' mean? Where's the place on this forum where you learn the jargon, I've been looking for a glossary!!!!!
Old Dec 16th 2006, 9:45 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

But, , what does 'septic' mean? Where's the place on this forum where you learn the jargon, I've been looking for a glossary!!!!!
it's been posted about a bit on the forums, but anyway - septic-->septic tank=yank
Old Dec 17th 2006, 12:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bob
it's been posted about a bit on the forums, but anyway - septic-->septic tank=yank
Oh well, I suppose I could have worked that one out if I was english...
Old Dec 17th 2006, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

Arizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,
I've been lurking for a while, so I thought I should be polite and introduce myself. I live in Portland, Oregon. Been over here for 11 and a half years now .
I'm welsh , but I went to college in Sheffield and lived in Somerset for a while too before I made the big leap. I haven't come across anyone living in Oregon on BE, the closest I've seen are in Washington......
Welcome to BE bethel,Oregon is a beautiful state,have driven the highway 101 many times.I am from Zummerzet,10 miles south of Bristol,been here 34 years.