Reload this Page >

Hello and moving to San Antonio, Tx

Hello and moving to San Antonio, Tx

Old Jun 19th 2009, 11:13 am
Just Joined

PickledOnion is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello and moving to San Antonio, Tx

Thought I would say hi so, er, hi

Moving on an L1 visa in Oct this year to San Antonio, Tx from Nottingham, UK. I have a million questions and concerns but I have been lurking on the forums for a few weeks and I guess I am ready....

Wanted to thank everyone for their posts and sense of humour (humor?). I am sure as the time gets closer I will start to panic and ask some dumb questions but I hope not to to ask something that has already been explained many, many times.

That's it for now, just wanted to say hi
Old Jun 19th 2009, 11:53 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello and moving to San Antonio, Tx

Originally Posted by PickledOnion

Moving on an L1 visa in Oct this year to San Antonio, Tx from Nottingham, UK. I have a million questions and concerns but I have been lurking on the forums for a few weeks and I guess I am ready....

Wanted to thank everyone for their posts and sense of humour (humor?). I am sure as the time gets closer I will start to panic and ask some dumb questions but I hope not to to ask something that has already been explained many, many times.

Just Remember The Alamo... and don't piss on it like Ozzy!
Old Jun 19th 2009, 12:05 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to BE. Your having a visa and the fact that TX is not FL are a damn fine start.
Old Jun 19th 2009, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

cranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome and good luck to you.
Old Jun 19th 2009, 12:22 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chartreuse
Welcome to BE. Your having a visa and the fact that TX is not FL are a damn fine start.
I don't know...I think TX is becoming the new FL..
Old Jun 19th 2009, 1:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome.
Old Jun 19th 2009, 3:28 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE.

BTW I pickled onions.
Old Jun 19th 2009, 3:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome...looks like you are starting off right!
Old Jun 19th 2009, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

JulieinAustin has much to be proud ofJulieinAustin has much to be proud ofJulieinAustin has much to be proud ofJulieinAustin has much to be proud ofJulieinAustin has much to be proud ofJulieinAustin has much to be proud ofJulieinAustin has much to be proud ofJulieinAustin has much to be proud ofJulieinAustin has much to be proud ofJulieinAustin has much to be proud ofJulieinAustin has much to be proud of

Visited there a couple of times from Austin.. San Antonio River Walk is really nice. What will you be doing there?
Old Jun 19th 2009, 5:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Forgot to mention, I lived in San Antonio for 2 years...hated every minute of it, but lots of people love it
Old Jun 19th 2009, 5:47 pm
Just Joined

PickledOnion is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey,

Thanks for the welcomes!

Not sure I can say what company I will be moving with but I run customer support for them. I do it from the UK with no problems but a great chance to be more directly involved.

I loved San Antonio when I was there earlier this year. I went with a view to look 'under the hood' and sure, there are things it will take a while to get used to but I'm looking forward to the challenge.

My dad was in the Army and then I did a 9 year stint so I am used to moving around.

Who knows I may never come back
Old Jun 19th 2009, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

TimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisag8070
I don't know...I think TX is becoming the new FL..
And that's the truth, there are so many out of state license plates on the Austin roads, it is very noticable. FL, CA mainly. They say it is keeping the house prices up here, but it is starting to put a strain on everything, roads, schools, social services....
Old Jun 19th 2009, 10:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TimFountain
And that's the truth, there are so many out of state license plates on the Austin roads, it is very noticable. FL, CA mainly. They say it is keeping the house prices up here, but it is starting to put a strain on everything, roads, schools, social services....
Take all the cars with out-of-state license plates away, and Mopac and I-35 are still all clogged up.
Old Jun 20th 2009, 2:44 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE
Old Jun 20th 2009, 2:56 am
Dis-Member

SagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CitySimon
Welcome.
2.333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333 333333333333333333333333333333333333333333 recurring.