Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Hello From Arkansas

Hello From Arkansas

Old Dec 29th 2006, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

Brync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud of
Default Hello From Arkansas

Hi,

I only moved over to the States in November and I have just signed up to the site. Is there anyone on the site who is in Arkansas?.

All the best

Bryn C.
Old Dec 29th 2006, 3:00 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello From Arkansas

Originally Posted by Brync
Hi,

I only moved over to the States in November and I have just signed up to the site. Is there anyone on the site who is in Arkansas?.
All the best
There is another ..put yourself on the frapper map (above posting) ....
Old Dec 29th 2006, 3:47 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

All the best

Bryn C.
Welcome to BE! Glad you found us. So, you've spent your first Christmas in the US. What did you think?

Also, please tell us a bit about yourself...

Thanks,

NC Penguin
Old Dec 29th 2006, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

Brync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud ofBrync has much to be proud of

Thanks for the information.
Old Dec 29th 2006, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,

My first Christmas in the states was really good, but different. I live in a dry county so the most unusual thing was a 75 mile round trip just to get some wine!

With regard to me, I moved over here in November and currently I'm taking it easy. I start traing as a flying instructor in the new year so that should get the grey matter going again. That aside I'm just enjoying being over here, and trying to understand the difference between a red neck and a good old boy!

Best wishes

Bryn C
Old Dec 29th 2006, 4:38 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

What the hell did you do to end up in a dry county in Arkansas?
Old Dec 29th 2006, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sarah
What the hell did you do to end up in a dry county in Arkansas?
Stupidity was high on the list I feel
Old Dec 29th 2006, 4:45 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

My first Christmas in the states was really good, but different. I live in a dry county so the most unusual thing was a 75 mile round trip just to get some wine!
:scared: Welcome and condolences.
Old Dec 29th 2006, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
:scared: Welcome and condolences.
Thanks for the welcome, and the condolences are are gratefully received. Mind you all is not lost. I now have a pickup truck and do the county line run on a regular basis to stock up. I hope I never get stopped by the police on the way home, I'd never convince them I wasn't a boot legger
Old Dec 29th 2006, 4:52 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the welcome, and the condolences are are gratefully received. Mind you all is not lost. I now have a pickup truck and do the county line run on a regular basis to stock up. I hope I never get stopped by the police on the way home, I'd never convince them I wasn't a boot legger
Get yourself a copy of the General Lee from The Dukes of Hazzard, that should liven things up.
Old Dec 29th 2006, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

Get yourself a copy of the General Lee from The Dukes of Hazzard, that should liven things up.
The Union Jack license plate of the front of my truck has livened things up enough already...
Old Dec 29th 2006, 5:02 pm

The Union Jack license plate of the front of my truck has livened things up enough already...
I can Imagine "Ya'll not from around here bouy?"
Old Dec 29th 2006, 6:56 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE!

Old Dec 29th 2006, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Partystar
Welcome to BE!

Thanks for the welcome. So far the site looks like a lively place to be.
Old Dec 29th 2006, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

I can Imagine "Ya'll not from around here bouy?"
My god you even sound like a local! I must be honest though, so far the local people are realy great and even like the English. Now lets be honest there are not oo many places left on the planet that, that can be said of....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.