Hello all

Old Nov 25th 2003, 4:05 am
Just Joined

Dubber is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello all

Hello All

Just found the forums and thought I would introduce myself.

You seem like a friendly bunch

Marriage brought me to the USA and have not met another Brit at all in person apart from friend/relatives visiting in nearly 4 years.

Dub
Old Nov 25th 2003, 4:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Dubber- welcome aboard.
Old Nov 25th 2003, 4:37 am
Forum Regular

Bookworm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hello all

Originally posted by Dubber
Hello All

Just found the forums and thought I would introduce myself.

You seem like a friendly bunch

Marriage brought me to the USA and have not met another Brit at all in person apart from friend/relatives visiting in nearly 4 years.

Dub

Welcome, what part of the woods are you hiding in?
Old Nov 25th 2003, 4:37 am
Up Yir Kilt

scotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of light

In LA i'm falling over Expats - so think yourself lucky!
Old Nov 25th 2003, 12:48 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by scotch03
In LA i'm falling over Expats - so think yourself lucky!
What he really means is they are falling over him.... outside the pub!

Welcome to our friendly little group Dubber, glad you found us!

Join in and tell us all your troubles and experiences! It makes us feel better! ô¿~ (just kidding)

I'm Brigie... one of the only 2 brits in CT! Not too far from you!
Old Nov 25th 2003, 1:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

BritishInOhio will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by BrigieDarling
What he really means is they are falling over him.... outside the pub!

Welcome to our friendly little group Dubber, glad you found us!

Join in and tell us all your troubles and experiences! It makes us feel better! ô¿~ (just kidding)

I'm Brigie... one of the only 2 brits in CT! Not too far from you!
Hi I'm from Ohio and have only ever met one Brit since I been here for the last 18 months.
Old Nov 25th 2003, 4:12 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

I met a brit here for the first time yesterday. He was in his car trying to turn left but blocking the entire road. After following him into a car park, he asked me for directions and couldn't believe his luck in finding another brit. It was his first day driving here on holiday (that explains why he was blocking the road ) Still haven't found any brits who actually live here.
Old Nov 25th 2003, 5:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

This is weird. Im in Ohio and in the last 3 weeks I bump into English and Irish people on almost a daily basis, even my barber is Irish. I also heard there was an British "club" that meets every week, although I'm still trying to confirm this!
Crazy.
Old Nov 25th 2003, 7:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Dubber

In the little over a year that I have been here the only other brit I met was a brummie who is manager of the local Land Rover dealship that we went to when we where looking to buy a SUV.

Ash
Old Nov 25th 2003, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

Jxab12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Tri-state is crawling with Brits aswell - NY and CT anyway - more here than at home I think......
Old Nov 26th 2003, 2:03 am
Just Joined

Dubber is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the hello's

I'll peruse and if I think I've got some constructive to say (or maybe just stupid) I'll jump in there.

Dub
Old Nov 26th 2003, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Hi! I'm pretty new here as well!

I hadn't met any other Brits in my area either,until I changed Opticians!,and,low and behold!,one of the women working there is a Brit as well!,and she comes from Oxford,just up the road from Swindon!!,you should hear us when we start chatting!!!!!,all the other people in the op's just laugh because they can't understand a word we're saying!!,and,of course,they haven't got a clue what we're laughing and giggling about!!!!There always seems to be an air of chaos around us when we get together!!!!LOL!!!..........Sophia
Old Nov 26th 2003, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

Poshpaws is an unknown quantity at this point

Here in California..they are like fungi! Love the one's here on holiday though, they look So British in their giveaway frocks and cardies. Not to mention the men with hankies on their heads and suspenders! Ok!...just kidding..