Heaters

Old Oct 29th 2006, 7:34 am
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Heaters

I use Electricity for most of my heating for part of the year and find it cheaper to run because the carrier costs are lower...yes gas is cheaper per whatever...but the carrier costs for gas around here can be double what you are using...when my Electricity bills gets up to $200 and my gas to $100...then I switch to gas for heating...I find that keeps my bills to around $300 for both per month...the log fire costs about $8 a day if on from 3 in the afternoon till late at night so its not cheap just warmer than the gas..so unless baby is here we start the fire at 7 in the evening.....
Old Nov 12th 2006, 6:48 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Heaters

Originally Posted by Bob
Well all this talk of the cold....I'm still holding off on the heating, $300+ a month on oil bill is a tad scary.

So been looking at some portable heaters and wanted to know what you guys use/thoughts etc.

http://www.edenpurestore.com

The Edenpure 500 sounds pretty good, all a tad pricey, but thinking would save quite a lot in the long run...the in-laws have just bought one, but not used it much yet, so don't know what it's like on the electric bill, but if anyone has any ideas, would be great to know.

Cheers

Well in the end, the folks liked the edenpure jobby, and got a nice discount on additional ones, so we got one through them.

As the sales blurb says, has low electrical consumption, which ain't bad, and it does seem to heat a room up quickly floor to ceiling, which is nice, but, it also is quite loud, which is a little annoying, no worse than a fan heater though...but it also is nice and light, easy to move around rooms which is handy.