Healthcare

Old Sep 20th 2003, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

smiler125 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Healthcare

Can any advise the best way to obtain healthcare for a month at a time. Is there a policy I can cancel easily if I get a job with healthcare.
I am a U.K citizen.
My wife is American, so is there any good health care she could have access to until we both get employed. I was thinking she might be able to use the social security health plan (is there one in Texas?) She would have been out the country 3 years if that makes any difference.

Thanks
Old Sep 20th 2003, 2:18 pm
Sleep? What's that?

bubbadog has a spectacular aura aboutbubbadog has a spectacular aura aboutbubbadog has a spectacular aura about

You can get private health insurance, but it is very expensive. You can apply for Medicaid in Texas, but you may not qualify if your assets exceed their max. Having been out of the country should not affect your eligibility so long as you currently reside in Texas.