have to ask ...

Wikiposts

have to ask ...

Old Oct 30th 2006, 1:31 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: have to ask ...

Originally Posted by Pulaski
What you need is International Autosource - I used them when I first emigrated to the US and they are GREAT! Check out their website .... their main business is supplying cars to US servicemen, so they are totally kosher - and as they are only a broker the actual loan is with the usual manufacturer's finance arm - in my case Ford Motor Credit.

The only snag is that you MUST commit to purchase BEFORE you arrive in the US, once you arrive it is too late. I believe that there is some tax reaosn for this.

In any case I recommend that you check them out. I can personally vouch for them.
Yes we used them. No probs.
Old Oct 30th 2006, 2:22 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big D
You dont even need the EAD anymore - you can get SSN on the basis of the visa - thanks to Ray for the heads up on that one!
You can get the SSN .. but you cannot work until you get the EAD ..
Old Oct 30th 2006, 11:07 pm

username 34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pulaski
What you need is International Autosource - I used them when I first emigrated to the US and they are GREAT! Check out their website .... their main business is supplying cars to US servicemen, so they are totally kosher - and as they are only a broker the actual loan is with the usual manufacturer's finance arm - in my case Ford Motor Credit.

The only snag is that you MUST commit to purchase BEFORE you arrive in the US, once you arrive it is too late. I believe that there is some tax reaosn for this.

In any case I recommend that you check them out. I can personally vouch for them.

thanks for that!
Old Oct 31st 2006, 2:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
You can get the SSN .. but you cannot work until you get the EAD ..

Apologies i am getting my L2 and E2 mixed up
Old Oct 31st 2006, 3:16 am
sun lover

sambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond repute

Will you stop all this talk about working with a L-2 visa.

I am NOT allowed to work and I will NOT work . This is the only excuse I have got, and I'm NOT gonna let anyone take it away from me.

Nudge, Nudge, Wink, Wink, say no more