Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

have to ask ...

Wikiposts

have to ask ...

Old Oct 29th 2006, 2:43 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: have to ask ...

Your visa is your biggest problem ...
Old Oct 29th 2006, 2:43 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney
You'll just need a new cable from Radio shack that box halfway down the electric supply cable is your transformer and should have a cable that separates and this is what you change.

Private schools are usually church schools you need to check them individually as they can vary dramatically.
My daughter went to 2 private schools here...neither of them were church schools. In fact of all the ones we looked at only one was a church school.
Old Oct 29th 2006, 2:44 am

username 34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ray
Your visa is your biggest problem ...
is that not automatic with hubby being relocated by company??
Old Oct 29th 2006, 2:45 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by islandmom
eeek - chuch school aint really our thing!
Well you aren't going to have much choice then. Ours were in a Church School was a good school until the Pastor changed then we pulled them out as they started telling us that they were going to burn in hell for this that and the other.
Old Oct 29th 2006, 2:46 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
My daughter went to 2 private schools here...neither of them were church schools. In fact of all the ones we looked at only one was a church school.
Where's 'here' the US or Florida?
Old Oct 29th 2006, 2:48 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

is that not automatic with hubby being relocated by company??
Is it a US company..
Could it be decribed as a managerial Intra Company tranfer
Old Oct 29th 2006, 2:50 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

yes I say the Eddie Bauer - looks good - I've got a Toyota Land Cruiser now and is great for kids, crap, dogs etc...

but its years old and I dont fancy the prices of the Landy's over there for a new model.

Expedition looks like much better value.
Go online and look at the new car sales websites, choose the car and exact spec you want. Print the price list of the cheapest. Search the dealers in Fla to source the vehicle. Go to the nearest dealer with the price list...tell him that's the car you want...that's what you can get it for on line...give him the location of the car you've sourced and tell him the deal's his if he can match the price. Done it successfully 3 times now.
Old Oct 29th 2006, 2:50 am

Originally Posted by Ray
Is it a US company..
Could it be decribed as a managerial Intra Company tranfer
Its a resort chain with many hotels in the US
Old Oct 29th 2006, 2:51 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Thydney
Where's 'here' the US or Florida?
US...NJ to be exact...err suppose it could be different down there.
Old Oct 29th 2006, 2:54 am
Ray

Its a resort chain with many hotels in the US
But is he a company manager ...
These things have to be very precise ..
for an L-1 visa ..
Old Oct 29th 2006, 2:55 am
Not dead yet

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
US...NJ to be exact...err suppose it could be different down there.
Y'all in the deep south mant people around here actually carry business cards for the church they attend. Where we are there are no other options,Miami might have more choice because it's a city.
Old Oct 29th 2006, 2:58 am

Originally Posted by Ray
But is he a company manager ...
These things have to be very precise ..
for an L-1 visa ..
well he's above manager - he's a Director - which I guess is the same requirement.

L-1 - whats that?
Old Oct 29th 2006, 3:02 am
Ray

well he's above manager - he's a Director - which I guess is the same requirement.

L-1 - whats that?
Oh God !! this is going to be hard work ...

L-1 is a visa ...

Global multinational corporations are constantly transferring their staff from abroad to their U.S. workplaces. Congress created the L1 visa to facilitate this transfer of personnel. Applicants must satisfy the following qualifications.

Applicants must have been employed for at least one year within the past three years prior to the submission of the application of the L1 visa. The applicant must be coming to the U.S. to continue providing services for this same employer. Finally, the alien must be working in a capacity as a manager, executive or in a position that requires specialized knowledge.

Typically, the approved L1 is granted for a period of three years. Thereafter, extensions are usually given in two-year increments. The total period of stay permitted for managers and executives is seven years.

A major advantage to the L-1 visa is that certain applicants qualifying for this visa may also qualify for faster green card processing. L-1 foreign nationals who are managers and executives are eligible for the “priority workers” category. Foreign nationals falling into this category may apply for permanent residency without having to undergo the time consuming labor certification process
Old Oct 29th 2006, 3:06 am
SUPER MODERATOR

L-1 - whats that?

Hubby was transferred through his partnership...L1A applied March through beginning of May. I think we had to wait 12 months before applying for GC....that came through in a matter of months.
Old Oct 29th 2006, 3:06 am

Originally Posted by Ray
Oh God !! this is going to be hard work ...
well I did post a brain warning!

just did a quick check up - yes OH would be on the L1 and us on the L2. he's in the manager/executive category for the L1 so it should be no problem.

he flies out to Miami next week to see everything

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.