Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Has anyone noticed...

Has anyone noticed...

Old Oct 24th 2005, 12:18 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice
Default Re: Has anyone noticed...

Originally Posted by Chorlton
Stay away from the US baked beans - most of them have meat in too. Look for Irish bacon (they love anything Irish for some reason, but everyone goes quiet when you ask them about their IRA donations...). Back bacon will be very hard to find though.

try www.britishbacon.com they ship and sell proper back bacon. Wee bit expensive but we've ordered it a few times and it's great with HP and homemade (unsugared) bread. A little slice of heaven mate.
Old Oct 24th 2005, 12:20 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman
try www.britishbacon.com they ship and sell proper back bacon. Wee bit expensive but we've ordered it a few times and it's great with HP and homemade (unsugared) bread. A little slice of heaven mate.
I went on their website the other day and it went a bit wobbly, are they still going? And how are you?
Old Oct 24th 2005, 12:23 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
I went on their website the other day and it went a bit wobbly, are they still going? And how are you?
Haven't ordered from them in about 6 to 8 months but had no problem then. As far as i know they're still going but don't take my word for it.

I'm very well thank you squire , apart from the flippin snow we've had here this weekend, a dodgy worm in the PC and a total bollocks up of last months invoicing that drove me nuts since Thursday.

How's you?
Old Oct 24th 2005, 12:27 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't ordered from them in about 6 to 8 months but had no problem then. As far as i know they're still going but don't take my word for it.

I'm very well thank you squire , apart from the flippin snow we've had here this weekend, a dodgy worm in the PC and a total bollocks up of last months invoicing that drove me nuts since Thursday.

How's you?
Oh the usual crap, busy at work. Had to go out looking at bathroom 'Stuff' this weekend. She hates shopping, I hate shopping (unless it's for tools) so it's usually a quick "oh that's nice" and off we go. Works well
Old Oct 24th 2005, 12:32 am
Account Closed

Oh the usual crap, busy at work. Had to go out looking at bathroom 'Stuff' this weekend. She hates shopping, I hate shopping (unless it's for tools) so it's usually a quick "oh that's nice" and off we go. Works well
Well there's a coincidence, I LOVE to browse tools shops. Find tools and stuff like that so much cheaper and better quality and choice here.

She loves shopping. I pull the old "Meet you in the Craftsman section of Sears when you've finished love". She's happy because I'm not following her around JC Penny with a face like a smacked arse and I'm happy mentally spending the mortgage payment.

Go on, tell me how much dosh you've blown on DeWalt stuff???
Old Oct 24th 2005, 12:38 am

Well there's a coincidence, I LOVE to browse tools shops. Find tools and stuff like that so much cheaper and better quality and choice here.

She loves shopping. I pull the old "Meet you in the Craftsman section of Sears when you've finished love". She's happy because I'm not following her around JC Penny with a face like a smacked arse and I'm happy mentally spending the mortgage payment.

It's all DeWalt 18v, bloody marvellous. All the Kmarts around here are turning into Sears, so I'm like a kid in a candy shop in the tool department.
Old Oct 24th 2005, 12:42 am
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

personally I bought a set of bosch cordless 18v tools

de walt felt plasticky and fragile

i used a 10% off coupon and 20% off gift certs so i got a bargain

they are effing great

dual bevel mitre saw next for me
Old Oct 24th 2005, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
personally I bought a set of bosch cordless 18v tools

de walt felt plasticky and fragile

i used a 10% off coupon and 20% off gift certs so i got a bargain

they are effing great

dual bevel mitre saw next for me
Bosch is good, got a corded SDS drill, from them, it will cut through concrete like butter
Old Oct 24th 2005, 12:50 am
Account Closed

It's all DeWalt 18v, bloody marvellous. All the Kmarts around here are turning into Sears, so I'm like a kid in a candy shop in the tool department.

Next on my list is tha DeWalt table saw with the worm drive rip fence. I've always worked with metal but since coming here I've gotten more into building stuff out of wood.
Old Oct 24th 2005, 12:57 am

Next on my list is tha DeWalt table saw with the worm drive rip fence. I've always worked with metal but since coming here I've gotten more into building stuff out of wood.
The table saw is worth having, I wouldn't be without one, although it's Craftsmen (Sears) which is pants really. I've got a MIG welder on my wish list
Old Oct 24th 2005, 1:08 am
Account Closed

The table saw is worth having, I wouldn't be without one, although it's Craftsmen (Sears) which is pants really. I've got a MIG welder on my wish list
Take my advice. I can mig weld pretty well but when I got here I bit the bullet and bought a TIG welder. I never Tig'd before I bought it and still not as neat and competant as with a Mig but I'm getting there and it's more versatile and stronger than Mig welds.

I got hold of a few old truck hoods and cut them up to practise with. Also got a friend that can TIG beautifully to come over and give me the basics.

Glad I went that route. Now just want a plasma cutter. Fat chance of getting that this year.

What sort of stuff do you do in your spare time (besides BE ) then to need all the tools, welder ETC?
Old Oct 24th 2005, 1:41 am

Take my advice. I can mig weld pretty well but when I got here I bit the bullet and bought a TIG welder. I never Tig'd before I bought it and still not as neat and competant as with a Mig but I'm getting there and it's more versatile and stronger than Mig welds.

I got hold of a few old truck hoods and cut them up to practise with. Also got a friend that can TIG beautifully to come over and give me the basics.

Glad I went that route. Now just want a plasma cutter. Fat chance of getting that this year.

What sort of stuff do you do in your spare time (besides BE ) then to need all the tools, welder ETC?
Sorry Dinner called, when I first came to the States and couldn't work, I did a MIG welding course at the local community college and enjoyed it. I like restoring cars, did an MG Midget back in the UK, I know it's not really a car, I looked like an Elephant on a roller skate. I still have my eyes on MGA's and eventually will get one and do a ground up resto or that's the plan anyway
Old Oct 24th 2005, 1:58 am
Account Closed

Sorry Dinner called, when I first came to the States and couldn't work, I did a MIG welding course at the local community college and enjoyed it. I like restoring cars, did an MG Midget back in the UK, I know it's not really a car, I looked like an Elephant on a roller skate. I still have my eyes on MGA's and eventually will get one and do a ground up resto or that's the plan anyway
Well, seems we have a few things in common my good man. I'm never happier than playing with old cars. I found this little gem about 45 mins from my town. I am reasonably confident I will start restoring this in the spring. The owner is currently asking $1800 but I want it for no more than $1K
Attached Thumbnails Has anyone noticed...-0053.jpg  
Old Oct 24th 2005, 2:00 am
Account Closed

Dinner?? At 9 pm?? I'd trade her in for a more enthusiastic model mate!!
Old Oct 24th 2005, 2:02 am

Well, seems we have a few things in common my good man. I'm never happier than playing with old cars. I found this little gem about 45 mins from my town. I am reasonably confident I will start restoring this in the spring. The owner is currently asking $1800 but I want it for no more than $1K
'Kin hell, nice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.